Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Varalent's Variable Villa (Page 57)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 84 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  82  83  84   
Author Topic: Varalent's Variable Villa
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I dunno, deddy...I agree with Cobalt that it's too risky to try something like that cold. We need you and every other hero we can get. I'd rather have our scientists research possibilities first and come up with whatever method has the lowest risk. Please hold off on that for now.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe a magic limerick

There once was an Earth number 4
No one could ask for anything more
It would be
the place for me
Even though I've never been there before.

*People looking at Quislet, Esq. see him get all blurry and then fade out of sight*

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, so much for research......

<ugh>

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't the 'L' train used to run to Earth 4? I'll bet the tunnel under the Gotham River and the Earth 4 station on the other side are still intact...
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I was on a team that went to Earth-4 in the Infinite Crisis, right after I arrived on Legion World. Faraway sent us, of course, but while I was there I--I met someone. I know this is business, but if we send a team now, I'd like to go.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I tried anyways......
I'm afraid I was unable to pierce the dimensional barrier between here and E4.
Thats one option we can rule out.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
It may be that if I can get a good read on Far at the end of the universe, his powers coupled with my forcefields might be able to force the Security Office Time Bubble through on the return journey.

Or, I might wind up stuck at the bar at the end of time too young to order legally.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I've actually heard of the Lard Force being applied for time travelling before. However, those Knights were pretty well-schooled in temporal theory. That stuff's way over my head! And none of my contemporaries are currently applying the energy in that manner.

[ August 15, 2006, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: LARDLAD ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Latest intel:

The Dark Oval is a sector of space that is run by (5) cartels. Some of these we know next to nothing about. Among the five, we've identified the following:

1) The Black Sun, who I don't believe has much to do here. They are a religious sect that has plagued the LMB before.

2) The Dominators, who I can confirm are involved in the proceedings here. A Dominator warship has been spotted making its way through the UP. And this current Ambassador, who has remained silent, appears to be working for the Dominators.

3) the Hrykosians, whom are leading this 'attack'. It is their former leader, Daemon Hrykos that LardLad and myself are blamed for murdering. This cartel is well-known for being involved in galactic crime, being the major player in financial support to UP terrorists and supplying weapons to the Khunds.

The Dark Oval has recently struck an alliance via a document called "The Affiliated Planets Treaty" that has made them allies of Khundia, Ggrrgg and Avalon.

I have reason to believe there are more fleets within UP space circling close to Legion World. They have advanced cloack techonology and I've had my triumvirate army, as well as Abin Quank, searching for them in space.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Maybe a magic limerick

No one could ask for anything more
It would be
the place for me
Even though I've never been there before.

*People looking at Quislet, Esq. see him get all blurry and then fade out of sight*

It looks like the trip to Earth-4 must be tried no matter what. Quis has somehow unlocked the passage with a magic limerick, and now someone needs to go get him!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
I wonder if there is any way that Reboot can modify the Psyonian Dimensional Portal technology to bridge the gap to Earth 4?

Well, I COULD, but it would need to be magnetically reinforced from within to be assured of holding...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I can try. I'm pretty good at limericks myself.

I visited it once before
It's home, you see,
Of the SMB,
So we read in Legion World lore.

<Rockhopper begins to fade, but sputters and comes back.>
Well, it was worth a try.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Well, I COULD, but it would need to be magnetically reinforced from within to be assured of holding...

Perhaps there is a device you could fabricate to reinforce it. Or would you prefer that Cobie go along, just in case the rescue team gets trapped there?

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Too bad the Cobalt of Earth-4 is long since dead...

Would I need to go to Earth-4, or could I do it from here? I'd prefer not to leave Legion World during this crisis. Of course, with Quis and Faraway both now stranded off Legion World, it'd be good to start getting them back, as well as reaching our SMB allies.

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Maybe you won't need to go, Cobie. Openly Gay Lad, that's my, ah, friend there has a sort of reality-warping power that he used to use to be Closeted Boy. He might be able to help get us back.

--------------------

This topic comprises 84 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  82  83  84   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.