Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Legion World HOT 100 -- 2011 edition (Page 55)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58   
Author Topic: Legion World HOT 100 -- 2011 edition
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:
Become a teacher. [Yes]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYVw9uyiGwQ [Razz]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Reboot -

I was being totally serious. I have spent the last seven years teaching at the college level, and I believe it is a career worth pursuing.

Teachers, I know, are easy to make fun of. The old saw is
Those who can, do.
Those who can't, teach.

I would add to that,
Those who can't teach
Mock those who do.
[Razz]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I want to reiterate that the Hot 100 is all done in fun, and that no one should post just for the sake of increasing his or her post count.

If moving up the chart is the only or even the main reason for visiting Legion World, then maybe the Hot 100 has outlived its usefulness.

What does Chuck Berry's Sweet Little Sixteen have to do with this, other than the fact that it was a #2 hit on the Hot 100 (I think that was the name of it then) Billboard chart and #1 for Billboard R&B Bestsellers in stores in 1958?

Some time ago, I read that Chuck Berry wrote the lyrics after seeing a teen at one of those multi-act 'calvalcade of stars' concerts running around getting the musicians' autographs, but not really paying too much attention to the MUSIC. (Sweet little sixteen/she just has to have/about half a million/framed autographs.) Hey, I've been there --- not with pop stars but school yearbooks. I got my friends to sign, and then it turned into getting everyone to sign. That didn't hurt anything, but having the kid who sat two rows over in social studies (who seemed perfectly nice, but I'd barely ever talked to) put her signature in my yearbook doesn't mean anything, either. Maybe instead of asking for a signature on the last day of school, I could have asked don't-know-her-well Julie how her weekend was on some gray Monday in January, or seems-nice Brian if he had read anything else by the author whose book he was carrying in March. Missed opportunities.

Let's rock on with our bad selves, Legion World, to the music. We even have threads for writing songs --- here's one of 'em.

[ November 15, 2011, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
I think November might just be the month that I hit a thousands posts in one month! [Smile]
Time will tell I guess.

I want to reiterate that the Hot 100 is all done in fun, and that no one should post just for the sake of increasing his or her post count.

If moving up the chart is the only or even the main reason for visiting Legion World, then maybe the Hot 100 has outlived its usefulness.

Without the Hot 100, I'll have to jot down my post count at the end of each month if I want to keep track of how many posts I manage to produce every thirty days.

[sigh] Well, life has its trials, I suppose. [Poke Joke]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I certainly wouldn't want to see the Top 100 disappear! I like visiting this website, and interacting/connecting with other members on here... it's a great way to pass the time for me.

My comment was just me dreaming I guess. As if I have any real chance to ever hit 1000 posts in a month! [Smile]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Once upon a time, back in the early days of Legion World, we used to have a post counter that displayed a poster's post total on each individual post. The mods decided to remove it, because it seemed to be encouraging spammy behavior in order to increase post counts.

We also used to start welcome threads for each new poster, but we had to discontinue them because certain people started bumping all of them in order to increase their post count, and now I really miss them.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I guess this kind of depends on what the focal points of this website is supposed to. I come from comic book forums where the focal points were articles and games (Tournaments, Mafias, Towers, you named it I probably have seen or ran it). You have not lived until you have argued to fine points of whether Superman-Prime or Vulcan could win in a fight. While I appreciate well written articles I prefer games (especially RPGs) more, which is why this eventually became my main forum.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Emily, you raise a good point... what IS the focal point of LW these days??

I've been online-hanging around a bunch of these guys since like 1999 *glares at Cobie* ...and it always evolves. Maybe that evolution is what keeps it relevant to us all. *ponders drunkenly, sips cocktail, burps*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
It's not like LW is being choked with post-pumping spamminess. I don't see many pointless threads. Inane, for sure, and quite a few don't interest me, but not pointless. In each one, at least two people are finding something worth their time or the thread fades away.

Most nights, I don't go to a bar or the backyard and hang out with my buds. (None of my local buds know squat about Legion anyway.) I come to LW to chill, laugh, commiserate, and plague you guys...and sometimes to be serious about social ills and Legion stories.

Folks who are looking just for Legion/comic discourse can find it here. Even better is that you can also sit at the cool table and talk about anything. It's dope.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LASHbrain:
Emily, you raise a good point... what IS the focal point of LW these days??

I've been online-hanging around a bunch of these guys since like 1999 *glares at Cobie* ...and it always evolves. Maybe that evolution is what keeps it relevant to us all. *ponders drunkenly, sips cocktail, burps*

My God, but we're getting old...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Dev, I know right!!! *examines wrinkles in mirror, applies Oil of Olay*

quote:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:

Folks who are looking just for Legion/comic discourse can find it here. Even better is that you can also sit at the cool table and talk about anything. It's dope.

Legion tracker is officially dope!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Mad dope!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Totes Dope.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Or, as is well-known in France, DOPIEST!

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
I'm only a year out of school and I already miss doing homework. Things were so simple back then...

Become a teacher. [Yes]
I Wish I Could Go Back to College...

Hmm, becoming a teacher sounds like a good alternative, though I don't know if my work schedule will allow it. Food for thought though...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.