Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 54)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod!

You like forgot Pookie (Aahz's Sister)

And I like think that Lash would be a better Don Bruce than Gramps, Don Bruce is a real Bad-Ass, I love my Gramps but he's not a bad ass.

My Whee Fem would be a good Markie

And what about the Sen-Sen Ante Kid, Queen Hemlock, and that retired General guy?

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
 -

Ohmygod! <Squeal of Delight!> Target Practice! I bet I can put six holes in the pancake and not touch a hair on that like cute little bunny!

P.S. We're like talking about the Myth Books by Robert Asprin and Jody Lynn Nye...

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you, Everyday Girl. Now I'm intrigued about those books, so I'll have to search for them at the library.

BTW, does Robert Asprin ever get headaches?

:rimshot:

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Ohmygod they're like captivating reading, funny and just plain fun. Start with Another Fine Myth and laugh on from there...

And if you're a Foglio Fan like most of us, some of them are out in graphic novel form.

I also highly recommend his Phule's Company Series.

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd actually be willing to part with my original copies of the Foglio Myth-Adventure comics (8 issues, if memory serves, the first few oversized like the original Elfquest format). Actually, I could unload the novels too.

as much as I loved those (and those were my intro to the story, I read before the novels), the novels are great!

I don't remember Aahz's sister. I do remember a nephew, Rupert, turning up briefly.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I Remember Mama is a play by John Van Druten. Based on the memoir Mama's Bank Account by Kathryn Forbes, it focuses on a loving family of Norwegian immigrants living on Steiner Street in San Francisco in the 1910s.

Produced by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, the Broadway production opened on October 19, 1944 at the Music Box Theatre and ran for 713 performances.

The cast included Mady Christians, Oscar Homolka, Joan Tetzel, and Marlon Brando, making his Broadway debut.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Ohmygod! So like was there any magic or scifi in that play?

(Other than special effects to make Mr Marlin Brando look skinny...)

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
I'd actually be willing to part with my original copies of the Foglio Myth-Adventure comics (8 issues, if memory serves, the first few oversized like the original Elfquest format). Actually, I could unload the novels too.

as much as I loved those (and those were my intro to the story, I read before the novels), the novels are great!

Thank you for your kind offer, Kent, but unfortunately my budget is stretched to the breaking point, and I've been having to find new pop culture thrills without spending money.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Your local library might have the series.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I hope so. I've read so many good comics and novels thanks to the library.

--------------------

Everyday Girl
Applicant

Ohmygod! The novels are so much better than the comics... And I'm like a huge Foglio Fan.

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I've been thinking, if we're casting Legion Worlders as characters from the Myth books, wouldn't it be neat if we also cast Legion Worlders as, say...the characters from L.E.G.I.O.N.?

Now, you might think I'd cast myself as Stealth, but I wouldn't. I'd be Lydea Mallor.

Tamper Lad, of course, would be Vril Dox.

Caliente as Stealth?

Fat Cramer as Lyrissa Mallor? No, I could never kill loveable Cramer. Strata, then?

What are your ideas, folks?

--------------------

Everyday Girl
Applicant

Ohmygod! Are you trying to like Kill This Thread?

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't really follow dot-Legion enough to participate.
but shouldn't Stealth = Stealth?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Stealth is who I wish I could be more like; Lydea is who I am most like in real life.

While I was away from the board, I thought of another one:

LardLad as Garv?

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.