Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 54)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Darwin Monkey
Evolving

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darwin Monkey   Email Darwin Monkey         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeeeeeeeees. Old age is creeping up on you now, isn't it? Very soon now, you will be ready to join the Forces of Evil. You automatically qualify for membership as soon as all those pesky adolescent ideals are eroded away.

Also:

1. It's not a fetish, exactly. More a predilection.
2. Am NOT a baby! *pouts*
3. Yes . . . we all quail before the awesome power of DOOM. I will make every effort to propitiate him before he launches my apartment building into space. He'll do it, you know.

And Tamper Lad, I'm really less a friend than I am a lackey. A poor, downtrodden, utterly hapless minion. Woe is me. Woe, I say!

From: The Galapagos Islands? | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Darwin Monkey:
I'm really less a friend than I am a lackey. A poor, downtrodden, utterly hapless minion. Woe is me. Woe, I say!

So say all the Green Lads of Legion World; So say we all. And I'm quoting Actor Lad there. Just sayin' to avoid the whoopin' [Wink]

Jump right in, all sorts of stuff and interesting people here.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey now!! You green boys love me!! Y'know you do...

...hello?

And, yaaaay, John!! You posted again!! w00t~ Even though I wouldn't qualify you as a lackey, per se... minion would work, though. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. It's been quite a while since LW had this many newbies at once. Welcome, all.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick Vinson
Libertarian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Vinson   Email Nick Vinson         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi everybody. Thanks for letting me into this clubhouse.

Name: Nick Vinson
Where you live: Sweeny, Tx
What you do: Youth Pastor (as of May 1st)

Legion info: Started reading Legion with fulltime interest as of THIS new reboot. Waid/Kitson/Wacker talked me into it at the Dallas Wizard World 04. And I'd always been interested in the Legion as a concept. Had actually bought the Blight storyline out of interest, but left comics shortly after. Mostly due to a fulltime night job. No time to buy anything.

Went back and am working on a Post Zero Hour run. Started with Valor actually. I love me M'Onel. As a concept and as a character theres just so much there to love.

Other things you like: Lawrence of Arabia is my favorite movie, and Kurt Vonnegut is currently my favorite writer. I enjoy the works of C.S. Lewis, Philip K. Dick, and Terry Pratchett.

Anything else that you want to share: I really like this comic. Other Comics I read: (monthlies) Godland, Hawkgirl, Fell, Casanova. (Wait on Trades) Invincible, Marvel Team-Up, the last few years of DC's books (Teen Titans, Outsiders, Batbooks, Supes, Wonder Woman, Identity Crisis and tie-ins, Manhunter [Love] , anything else that catches my interest but is outside of my pocket book as a pamphlet). Trust me, my pull list used to be huge. Especially last year when I worked at (a now defunct) comic store.

Oh and Will Eisner is the Cecille B. DeMille of comics.

--------------------
-Nick-

Is Civil War over with yet?

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! Legionworld NEEDS more Pratchett fans. and MARS NEEDS COFFEE!!!

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick Vinson
Libertarian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Vinson   Email Nick Vinson         Edit/Delete Post     
I cant wait for the summer. READING TIME!
I haven't even read the last 5 Pratchett novels.

Ugh!

--------------------
-Nick-

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Brainiac 5:
John Byrne is the comics equivalent of the antichrist.

[LOL]

Welcome everyone to Legion World! Here's hoping to see you in all the various forums discussing all things that are kewl!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to Legion World, Nick.

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Vinson:
Will Eisner is the Cecille B. DeMille of comics.

Well said.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick Vinson
Libertarian

quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
Welcome to Legion World, Nick.

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Vinson:
Will Eisner is the Cecille B. DeMille of comics.

Well said.
It was either DeMille or D.W. Griffith, but thats only a comparison on the technical achievements that Eisner came up with via the technical achievements that Griffith invented for film. Such as the Iris, the close up, etc.

But since Griffith has the stink of controversy about him, DeMille seemed the better choice.

--------------------
-Nick-

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I' a huuuuge Eisner fan, but I have to admit his earliest portrayals of Ebony and other African-Americans made me wince. Not to Griffith melevolence, but still... only judging in the context of the times - and his later strides to do better - can I rationalize it.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
Been a member for some time but finally decided, after a bit of recent lurking, to join up offical-like.

Name: Seems a bit personal t'me but you seem like good eggs so call me Kit.
Where you live: Banished to the States.
What you do: Piss around a lot.

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.): Started reading with the reboot. Liked it well enough but lost interest in The Legion. Started again with the 3boot. Loving it. Isn't Cos just the most brilliant wanker ever?
Favorite characters - Tinya but not with Jo, Jo but not with Tinya, Imra, Brin, Rokk, Jazmin (also not together), Luorna, Lyle... the list goes on.
Favorite creator - Waid would have to apply, I suppose, since he's dragged me into the Legion more than once. Probably Farmer, too, for writing Superboy's Legion. Bloody amazing that was.
Favorite stories - White Triangles, Legion of the Damned, and Legion Worlds to name a few.

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.): I enjoy a variety of comics, movies, books and music but, in the interest of brevity, I think I'll just share one of each.
Favorite comic - No, it's not Legion, it's actually Next Wave. Ellis is a talented pissant if I ever did see one.
Favorite book - Don't get a lot of reading in but maybe Heart of Darnkess. Don't ask why, I don't even know.
Favorite movie - Schindler's List, though V for Vendetta came close to dethroning it. I must have a thing about totalitarian regimes.
Favorite music - OK Go, no contest.

Anything else that you want to share: I think that's enough. Cheers Legion World!

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Mekanix,

Glad you have started posting.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, I've been away for so long, maybe I should update...

Name: Michael
Where you live: Los Angeles, westside
What you do: I mostly rue the day I decided to become a lawyer; however, I have a dream job as general counsel to a public company where I can wear shorts and flip-flops to work and bring my dog with me.
Pet: Ripley VonHaunches, a 2-year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

Legion info: Started reading around #262 or so, and was immediately taken with seeing Cosmic Boy and Dream Girl in their underwear in that exact issue. They have been my favorite Legionnaires ever since, but I think the #262 underwear thing is just a coincidence in that regard. My first subscription issue was the beginning of the Reflecto story, and a subscription was the only way I was ever gonna get any comic back then.

Favorite characters - Well, Cos and Dreamy. Also, Jan & Dirk & Lu. And Rond Vidar.

Favorite creator - Levitz & Giffen & Bierbaums, and I grow more and more fond of DnA as time passes.

Favorite stories - Great Darkness! Levitz's last Emerald Empress story! The first year and half or so of v4! Legion Lost!

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.):
Favorite comic - Historically, Legion and Zot! and Miracle Man. Currently, Young Avengers and just about anything Grant Morrison does and Lucifer
Favorite book - John Irving's 80s output, and some of his 90s output. Frank Herbert's Dune, and some of the sequels.
Favorite movie - Blade Runner & Blue Velvet & LotR
Favorite music - Historically: Blur, Saint Etienne, ABBA, Depeche Mode; Current: Franz Ferdinand, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Graham Coxon
TV: Buffy, Battlestar Galactica, Strangers with Candy, Simpsons

Cheers!

[ April 28, 2006, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: rokk steady ]

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
You know, I don't think I ever did this.

Name: Rob
I live in Boston MA
Currently I am unemployed. I am a lawyer and do volunteer legal work. Eventually I want to do legal work for a non-profit legal aid group

Legion: My first issue was Superboy & The Legion of Superheroes #212. Which featured the Legion of Super Rejects story and a backup Night Girl story which introduced Cosmic Boy's rebound date of Sinde.

Among my favorite Legionnaires are: Chameleon Boy, Princess Projectra, Dream Girl (after she became leader), & Quislet.

Other Comic book favorites: The Flash & Justice League

Other favorite characters: Red Tornado, Raven, & Crazy Jane (From Morrison's Doom Patrol)

Other Interests: History, Reading, Puzzles

Favorite Movies: Europa, Europa; Pleasantville; The Killer (John Woo)

Two tear-jerker films I like: It's a Wonderful Life & Stepmom.

Books I liked and recommend: Lies My Teacher Told Me by James Loewen; Another Mother Tongue by Judy Grahn; Perilous Times: Free Speech in wartime from the Sedition Act of 1798 to the War on Terrorism by Geoffrey R. Stone; Freethinkers: A History of American Secularism by Susan Jacoby

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.