Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill this Thread V: the 24 hour version! (Page 52)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Kill this Thread V: the 24 hour version!
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw a picture book at the library today called The Giant Jam Sandwich. It was a favorite of mine as a kid. It's about a small town overrun by wasps.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[Hmmm?]

I wonder if The Wasp likes to sneak downstairs to the Avengers' kitchen when everyone else is asleep and fix herself jam sandwiches, with maybe a nice glass of cold milk.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I remember that book, Rocky!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
[Hmmm?]

I wonder if The Wasp likes to sneak downstairs to the Avengers' kitchen when everyone else is asleep and fix herself jam sandwiches, with maybe a nice glass of cold milk.

I bet Jarvis usually has them waiting for her. He's cool like that.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The original mascot for Cookie Crisp Cereal was a wizard named Cookie Jarvis.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Jarvis Cocker was the singer and main writer for the UK band Pulp, and maintains a low-key solo career. He also has a cameo in one of the Harry Potter movies.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

My mom had a cocker spaniel when she was a little girl.

--------------------

cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Both the dogs we had as kids were part-Beagle. I don't know how the trend emerged, but there you go...

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
[Hmmm?]

I bet Jarvis usually has them waiting for her. He's cool like that.
Early in the Avengers, Jarvis betrayed them to some crooks. IIRC it was to cover some gambling debts he had. But the Avengers forgave him and kept him on as butler.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Early in the Avengers, Jarvis betrayed them to some crooks. IIRC it was to cover some gambling debts he had. But the Avengers forgave him and kept him on as butler.

Bah. I bet that's been retconned.

--------------------

cleome46

I'm so old, I remember when Jarvis wasn't a MACHINE!

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
One of the gay bars here in Boston is called Machine.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

My favorite gay bar when I lived in Boston was the Napoleon Club. It was a quiet bar. Part of its crowd was older, giving it the nickname "The Wrinkle Room". That wasn't why I liked it, though. It also had a wonderful sing-along piano bar. There were actually three pianos in the place all together, in three different rooms, though no more than two ever played at a time. It had a little disco upstairs called Josephine's. Sadly it closed in 1998, about a year and a half after I moved away. I still miss it.

--------------------

cleome46

Sounds like it's time to open your own place, Rocky.

[Wink]

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
there used to be a place like that at the end of the Castro in SF, we called it the 'Glass Casket' cause we were so nice and it had big windows all around. I used to run in there to use the toilet when wandering the streets as an 18 or 19 year old.

wow and a quick google search 'glass casket castro bar' surprises me that it's still there!!!! and next to a place called Hot Cookie.

hmmmph information age.

maybe you can go there Rocky ... and pseudo relive something or other.

no pianos though but you would definitely still be considered 'chicken' by far, if you catch my drift. by alot.

there also is a gay piano bar in l.a. and it looks to be a bit older but not elderly. called the other side. i've never been there though, to use the bathroom or otherwise. and i'm not sure if it has an clever nicknames.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  68  69  70   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.