Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years (Page 50)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! If you're really one of the bad guy's Mr Lardy Butt, locking you up isn't going to do me much good is it?

I mean... you can teleport and junk like that, right?

And you being a security officer you know the settings on the anti-teleport shield, right?

I'm telling you this right now as the only warning you get Mr Lard-Lad. The settings on the security systems have been scrambled, and that nice Mr Reboot isn't 100% certain what happens if you try teleporting from inside this building. He says you've got a 90% chance of being trapped in a Moebeus Loop and a 10% chance of winding up in the center of the sun.

LT Starsky, lock him up...

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
EG

Your boss is awake. 3G just comm linked me and you need to get a transport team to Medicus 2 right now.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! Thanks Mr. Yellow Kidder, I'll be heading over there in just a minute.

Gladys! Quit Sparkling at the prisoner and contact Space Ranger, have him meet me at Medicus Tower...

Then get in contact with Jailbait Lass and Mr Gramps-Lock and bring them up to speed on recent developments.

Then Contact Mr Reboot and tell him to scramble the phase rotation one more time... He'll know why...

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<alone in his cell>

I guess they don't get that I have no intention of escaping...

How could I have been so wrong about myself? And how did I ever get to the point of being a ruthless killer...Damyen Hrykos, Mordra, Mordru...and now Clive?

I remember it all, but it's kind of jumbled...the sequence of events, the emotions, everything--there's kind of a disconnect. It's like seeing everything as a holo set to random scenes: the Invasion, Mordra stealing my powers, my wedding to Dru, Helen, Pru, killing Clive, the battle with Mordru, my assault on Castle Hrykos...my children...it's so much to take...

...gods, if Britney said there was a 90% chance of winding up in the sun if I teleported...I swear I'd do it now....

<slumps on his cot>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
Again? Why isn't there ever anybody in this office when I drop by?

"Lard Lad? Hey big guy. Did you get caught or did you turn yourself in? Ah, doesn't matter. Want some Kono juice?"

3G takes two cups from the shelf and pours a drink for them both. He walks into the cell area and hands a drink to Lardy before taking a seat on the bench across from the cell.

"I want to first remind you that we Colors have been LMB allies for quite a while. I'm a full member of both groups, k? We don't involve ourselves in the internal power squabbles between you high profile members so you can treat me as a neutral party. I won't judge you, that's for lawyers and courts and stuff like that."

Taking a sip of his juice Bob looks at Lardy for a long minute. He waits.

"Tell me your troubles, chunky. None of this internal monologue stuff, pour it out."

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<places his cup of Kono juice on the floor and stares at it>

What can I say, 3G? I've got all my memory back. Among other things, I remember killing Clive. I did it. I murdered him...in cold blood.

I...I hope they decide to bring back the death penalty for this. I deserve it.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, that's a start. See, the problem is that you've died before, comic book dead. All the kerfluffle the death penalty might stir up would just be wasted effort in this genre.

So, what else could happen? How do you think you might make amends? What clears your mind and restores your soul?

Let's get creative here.

*unknown editor's note - having read most if not all of the previous posts we can assume a great deal of the previously posted information (previously referred to as "internal monologue") is discussed during an off panel scene *

[ February 22, 2009, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Triple G ]

--------------------

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<looks up, shaking head>

Threej, I don't even understand why I did it. I was drunk, mad...that's no reason to kill anybody.

I cried over Clive's body, for Chrissakes! Then, a day or so later, I remember I killed him in cold blood!

That's just...sick....

--------------------

3-G
If looks could kill..

My theory is that there is something going on under the surface here kiddo. I can't prove that one of the LMB enemies is at work subverting Legionnaires but I think that's what's up.
You and Cobes have a better working knowledge of who can cause insanity in a hero or who can take over and dominate a personality and cause havok. Think about it. Have you been anywhere or been in contact with a Psionian, or a Titanian or one of the Time Trappers?

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Only like every other week, Threej! That doesn't really narrow anything down...

<looks into his eyes>

Threej, I'm remembering so much, so many awful things I did...not just Clive. You remember the Invasion? How it was all started because of alleghations that I'd killed their leader and his wife? I did it--it's all true!

I mean...yes, they did horrible things to me...<shutters as he remembers the worst one>...but I'm supposed to be better than murdering for revenge. I'm an LMBer, dammit!

And then, I did everything conceivable to cover my ass when the Invasion threated Legion World...highly immoral things.

Is it so hard for you to believe I'm a cold-blooded killer?

--------------------

3-G
If looks could kill..

Yes it is. I know I'm considered a bit of a bright eyed optimist but I refuse to believe the worst about anybody.
Look fella, I've even been known to treat Sarya of Vengar with respect. I refuse to believe someone who has sacrificed as much as you is going to turn away from their core beliefs.

I swear it's like you want us to take some kind of vengence on you for your misdeeds. It's not that easy. The first thing you have to do is recognize that you're not the villain here.

Ok, you've done some bad things, so have I. I once led an attack on the LMB, destroyed the old clubhouse and put you and some others into the Medicus intensive care facilities.

Now I'm trying to salvage you.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

So...what? You still think I didn't kill Clive somehow? Or do you believe I did but that I'm somehow still redeemable?

--------------------

3-G
If looks could kill..

Clive's body disappeared before he could be transported to Shanghalla. I'm telling you there's something going on here.

Ok, I didn't wasn't going to tell anybody this but since you're being so pig headed.. I think the Time Trappers are involved in this mess. You know how they can twist a reality ouot of shape. Are you even the same Lard Lad you think you are? Can you guarantee that this is the core reality of LegionWorld? Or that all the players are from the same timeline?

Your power is a strong one, it may be needed to help the rest of us save reality from a white out. DAMMIT! This. isn't. just. about. YOU!

--------------------

Everyday Girl
Applicant

Ohmygod! Miss Triple G you make some like strong arguments. But visiting hours are over with and while Mr Lardy Butt there is lucky to have a friend like you.

Clive Taylor had friends too.

And Clive's dead.

Don't forget that in all of this. Clive is Dead!

Now there are still lots of questions that need to be answered, but that one already has been.

So you can come back tomorrow if you want to talk more, but now it's time for the prisoner's dinner and lights out.

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

3-G
If looks could kill..

It's all good little one. He's heard what I had to say. Knowing this place it's been recorded so it's all on record now anyway.

G'night chunky. Call us if you need us E Girl, I have a hot bath and a sweet drink waiting for me.

--------------------

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  ...  59  60  61   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.