Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The LMB Wiki! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: The LMB Wiki!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
You can always check the "Recent Changes" page to find out what's been done.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well...yeah, I suppose. But my idea pads the post count here! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The real reason comes forth.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
To add to the pad...

I've started cataloging the creations of the Yellow Kid. It will be a while before I get to the actual "Yellow Kid" and "Primary Color Gang" articles, but I recently posted his two alternate timeline bits:

Metro Micro-Man and
Grim Jim and the Orange Extremists

and his earlier creation:

Big Blue Mean Mutha

The wiki is looking great. It's up to 41 content pages and the surface hasn't even been scratched. Once folks like Cobie and Abin start adding their characters, that place is going to explode.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I added a little bit more to the Lard Lad page, going up to the point where he lost his powers the first time. The next section will cover the events of "Turning Point" part 2...and then Lardy's role in INVASION!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
Well...yeah, I suppose. But my idea pads the post count here! [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
The real reason comes forth.

Heh. Really, I just like people to share their enthusiasm about what they've done. I know when I do, the Lardy article "access" count shoots way up!

Also, when people read them, they can share feedback about the articles here, including any essential info that may have been inadvertantly left out.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I cannot wait to be able to actually write the things...very soon.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

A question for those who know how to do these things: How do you make sure, say, someone is directed to the "Lard Lad" article if the type in "Lardy", "LARDLAD" or "Chief Lardy" for instance? And is there some reason why possibilities don't pop up as you start typing a name in the "search" box like it does on other wiki pages?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
To add to the pad...

I've started cataloging the creations of the Yellow Kid. It will be a while before I get to the actual "Yellow Kid" and "Primary Color Gang" articles, but I recently posted his two alternate timeline bits:

Metro Micro-Man and
Grim Jim and the Orange Extremists

and his earlier creation:

Big Blue Mean Mutha

The wiki is looking great. It's up to 41 content pages and the surface hasn't even been scratched. Once folks like Cobie and Abin start adding their characters, that place is going to explode.

Let me just reiterate--you're awesome Ex, for doing Yellow Kid & the Primary Color Gang's entries. [Yes]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Ex, I just started a Dark Lard stub. If you care to, you can document his contributions to Thyme Crime there, and I'll fill in the rest. No problem if you can't, but it all seems really fresher in your mind right now. I'm so embroiled in the Lardy article, it might take a while.

Des, I hope you'll check out the Lardy article and let me know if I left out anything really crucial to the point I've gotten to. I skimmed over a lot of things to hit what I felt were the bigger points.

--------------------

Exnihil

quote:
A question for those who know how to do these things: How do you make sure, say, someone is directed to the "Lard Lad" article if the type in "Lardy", "LARDLAD" or "Chief Lardy" for instance? And is there some reason why possibilities don't pop up as you start typing a name in the "search" box like it does on other wiki pages?

I'm not sure if this is the "accepted" way, but it worked for me.

You create a "redirect" page. for example:

1. Just go to the "Lard Lad" page and at the end of the url, change the "title=Lard_Lad" to "title=Chief_Lardy" and enter.
2. Paste in the following : #REDIRECT[[Lard Lad]]
3. Hit "Save Page".
4. Repeat for all desired redirects.

If the are multiple words, as in "Chief Lardy" use the "_" in between each.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
quote:

I'm not sure if this is the "accepted" way, but it worked for me.

You create a "redirect" page. for example:

1. Just go to the "Lard Lad" page and at the end of the url, change the "title=Lard_Lad" to "title=Chief_Lardy" and enter.
2. Paste id the following : #REDIRECT[[Lard Lad]]
3. Hit "Save Page".
4. Repeat for all desired redirect.

If the are multiple words, as in "Chief Lardy" use the "_" in between each.

Damn, is there an easier way, people?!?! [Confused]

--------------------

Exnihil

I thought that was easy. [Confused]

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
I thought that was easy.

Probably...for someone who's less lazy than I am! [Smile] Seriously, I'll give it a go (at some point), Ex! [Yes]

--------------------

Exnihil

I just gave it a quick test for "Lardy". It works. The rest is on you. [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.