Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Fanfic Lass' Fantabulous Land of Eighties Enchantment (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Fanfic Lass' Fantabulous Land of Eighties Enchantment
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, I nargle bawdle zouss all the time.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO]

Oh, grunge, the bete noire of my life since I refused to buy into the record industry's swindle as a teenager.

Thank God for Weird Al, one of the few souls brave enough to parody that aural abomination.

The reason I wasn't here last night was because I went to see the new Star Trek movie.

And keeping this thread 80s-relevant -- a couple weeks ago, I watched Dario Argento's last good movie, 1987's "Opera", for the first time in 12 years; although it remains a feast of technique in exquisite golds and reds, it should have ended 10 or 15 minutes earlier than it did, because the double-twist at the end is both stupid and depressing.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Some say that the true test of a good parody is to see if it angers the source. In that case, Weird Al didn't do so well, because Kurt Cobain thought the parody was hysterical. Though Al said that Cobain expressed surprise when it turned out to not be about food.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
God, I love me some 80s hair metal, even from the second-rate bands like Great White. I bought a Great White album the other day, and I've been playing the hell out of it.

Fun fact: Great White and Guns N Roses shared management during the 80s, and GNR might never have even had a music video made for "Welcome to the Jungle" if the manager hadn't taken advantage of having an available crew and a bit of extra time left after a Great White video shoot.

And since this thread also doubles as a sort of All-Stealth Thread, I decided this was the place to make this announcement:

I hate travelling, but I love my family, and I haven't seen them for two years. So, on the first Monday in July, I'm biting the bullet and hitting the road from Florida to Pennsylvania, where I'll stay for about three weeks. Driving is the least frustrating (if slowest) way to travel, and I'm going with a couple of friends, so it should end up being okay. I still get nervous from time to time, though.

I'll miss you all, but I'll definitely drop in at least a couple times on a relative's computer.

--------------------

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
ROADTRIP!!!!

Fl-Penn, not a difficult drive, about 10 hours maybe? Five to get through Atlanta.

Have a fun safe visit.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hopefully the travel will go nice and smoothly and you'll have a great trip!

Road Trips at least give you an excuse to over indulge on snacks, magazines, bad/fast food and other fun little things you can buy at the gas station!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Thanks, guys.

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Driving with a few friends should make it a lot more enjoyable. I hate long-distance driving (anything over an hour for me!). Do you bring music along or do the flip-through-the-radio thing?

Your family should spoil you rotten while you're there.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Thanks, FC. I hope they do.

We'll be bringing music along. Haven't narrowed down most of the choices yet, but one that we'll definitely bring along is Elton John's Greatest Hits, so we can play "Philadelphia Freedom" as we pull into said city, which just happens to be our final destination.

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Have a good time, Stealth.

(I might be in PA later this Summer, but that's about two months from now.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Thanks, Cleome.

I'd rather go in the early Fall when the weather's nicer, but by going in the Summer I get to spend time with my cousin's kids.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Well, the next time I post I'll be on a relative's computer, stopping by here for a minute to say hello.

See you all back here at the end of July.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Greetings from my aunt's computer. Hope all is well. See you in a couple weeks.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Glad to see you arrived in Philadelphia OK. Have fun visiting with the relatives.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Say Hi to Liberty Bell(e) for me...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.