Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » New York Comic-con, (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: New York Comic-con,
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
quote:
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
Hey, who's going to ask about Issue 50 and Lo3W being quarterly? Like, WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say... everyone from these boards who happens to talk to DiDio, Shooter, or Marts. [Smile]
Excellent! Hey, DiDio may have screeners...if they ask you what you want to know about, say "I want to know what else Geoff Johns will write! He's my hero!"

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a question concerning commissions...

I need the basics.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Not a big expert here, but when I was in San Diego, I had one done by Mike Grell, so:

- Basically, there's an area of the convention floor called "Artist Alley" where artists are seated.

- Depending on their popularity, they might be immediately available or there might be a line.

- You can go up, chat with them, and if you'd like a commission, just ask.

- There are different prices depending on what you want done (ie head shot, full character, etc.) Some people bring a sketch book for the artist to draw in, some people prefer the artist to use their own paper.

- Again, depending on the popularity, there may be a wait time, so the earlier you get to them the better. Grell turned a headshot around for me in about 6 hours, but Jeff Moy was fully booked up and told me he wouldn't be able to get me anything that day.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Much obliged.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Some people bring a sketch book for the artist to draw in, some people prefer the artist to use their own paper.

If you do have a sketch book, becareful. Our own Outdoor Miner had his stolen in San Diego. Someone who must have overheard him leaving the sketch book with an artist came back later and asked for it. The artist, thinking the guy was Outdoor Miner, handed over the sketch book.

I would have your name on the sketch book and putting a post-it on the front asking the artist to ask for id before handing it back.

So, Sarcasm Kid, are you going to be in New York?

Exnihil & I will be having dinner on Saturday, and I think a coule of other Legion Worlders will be around. It would be nice to meet you face to face.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I don't know if it's Saturday or Sunday, we're still figuring it out. And now I heard Morrison canceled. And before anyone says anything, I can think of five good reasons to see him.

Doom Patrol, Animal Man, Flex Mentallo, Batman: Gothic, and Seven Soldiers.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Its looking more and more like I won't be able to make it. I'm trying to see now if I can at least go on Friday...

Damn, this always happens to me for the NYC-Con and its only an hour away!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN:
glad to hear you can make it Sean. it looks like if i'm correct the list for who's going is:
1)Cobalt Kid
2)Exnihil
3)Quislet .Esq
4)Shark Lad
5)l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
6)Ravenette
7)Robo
8)Kent Shakespeare
and i guess Abin is still on the fence?

So from this, Kent is off and Cobie is a possible Friday if at all. Exnihil is Saturday only. Sarcasm Kid will you be there for the whole weekend?

So what are the plans for meeting up?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going in Friday ... I'd like to catch the screening of the Wonder Woman animated film ... going in on Saturday too, during the day ... not on Sunday ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I was also planning to see the Wonder Woman movie

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
then I guess I'll see you on Paradise Island ...

<splash>

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I still don't know. The whole thing for me has gotten confusing. I don't know if I'll get to see Geoff Johns. But I still hope I can see Nei Ruffino, Joe Prado, Brian Bolland, DnA (both Legion and Resurrection Man), Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner, and some others...

You think one of them would be a bit weirded out with an idea for a commission I might ask. It's for one of my fics. Not an OC, but...

Lightning Lad & Black Orchid.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
My Saturday obligation disintigrated at the last minute.

I can now meet up for any post-con event Saturday like dinner, but I doubt I'd make it down in time to make even a one-day admission worth the cost of entry to the Con itself.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Please, guys, I need to know. Can you still get passes at the gate tomorrow morning. Please. No one thought to plan ahead and everyone is snapping at each other. I need a response NOW. Thanks in advanced.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Never mind.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.