Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » this thread brought to you by... THE LIBRARY! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: this thread brought to you by... THE LIBRARY!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<Cobalt catches the falling Mary Hatch, and holds her up in his arms, his face now inches from her own. She obviously feels faint, and he can only hope its because somehow she is remembering too>

You’ve got to trust you instincts, Lolita. Matlock taught us both that…you must remember the LMB, the Security Office. You must have been friends with Everyday Girl, or My Wee Fem. And you must have been in love with me. Because I can feel it in my soul. Even if you don’t remember knowing me, you must remember how you felt.

<he is now incredibly close to her, and realizes this is it. He’s made his argument and can think of nothing further to say. Now she must remember, or he failed>

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
We tried to get back quicker but... it's so far... Look Mistress LOOK!

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh... Crap on a Stick!

I can't wait around... <Runs into Library>

Cobie... You need to see this!

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Hold on Britney...I think something...is about to happen...

<Cobalt still holds Mary Hatch in her arms, staring into her eyes>

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<she looks up at him, and feels him holding her tightly. Now his look has changed again; it has not hardened, but it has a fierceness about it. There is real conviction in his words. And as the spirit of My Wee Fem, who lives inside the locket, whispers into her mind, she feels her body tighten and her then a sudden explosion of tension is released from all over. She again loses her footing but Cobalt keeps her up. A plethora of smells rush past her as her senses heighten; her eyes go blurry, and her throat goes dry. Her memories of another lifetime are just beyond the veil, but the emotions she once felt…are there. And she remembers>

<looking up> Cobie…you…you say you love me…?

<she smiles>

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You’re damn right I do.

<and Cobalt kisses her, like he’s never kissed anyone else>

<and the full memories of the real timeline truly begin to return>

Lolita
His Girl Friday

<she wraps her own small arms around his neck and kisses him back like it’s the only thing that matters right now in the entire galaxy; seconds pass and she doesn’t know how long. A lone tear streaks down her cheek and she continues to remember so much. Though she is confused, and the memories remain so hazy because of what Phineas has done, she knows in her heart this is what she’s always wanted. And now she has it.>

<at last, the kiss ends>

…well…well, that was pretty convincing…<she smiles>

Its all still so blurry…

<she fixes her hair, and the wrinkles on her dress>

<she suddenly sees Everyday Girl, who seems so familiar, yet the two have never met officially>

Cobie…you need to get back to the LMBP. Phineas…he needs to be stopped. So much needs to be done…

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<He smiles back>

You don’t miss a beat. But that feels right too. I think Lolita…Mary…you’re so much more to me.

<turns to Everyday Girl>

Britney...<he pauses>

I know you hate me...but I can't help but feel that you really shouldn't.

<sees she is anxious for him to see something>

Okay, show me.

<sees what No One and Nobody have shown her>

Bloody Liberty! We need to find Phineas--and fast!

<turning to Mary>

You need to help me find Phineas B. Fuddle. Right now we have no idea how to get to him.

<looks at the strange book she was reading before; it reads “"The Watchmaker's Timepiece". Maybe fate was part of this after all?>

He’s doing something all over Legion World. Exnihil—one of our LMBers—has been traveling throughout all of these various locations. But we hardly know what it all means. Maybe you can help us?

<he pulls her in closer>

But first, one more kiss. And then I’ll explain everything.

Lolita
His Girl Friday

After Cobalt Kid has explained everything he’s done against Phineas B. Fuddle to Mary Hatch, including Exnihil’s trips around Legion World, she thinks it through, and gets to work.

Its so amazing, but I’ve been reading about something similar. Something about chronometers and the various usages of time.

<she pulls out a map of Legionnpolis, the main city of Legion World>

I realize you both must be in a terrible rush, but please be patient for one moment.

Some of the places you’ve described…the Security Office, Medicus Two…I can tell there is a pattern developing. I know Legion World quite well. In my time in the library, I’ve studied its demographics and the layout of the major city.

<suddenly she’s very embarrassed; first by the fact that she’s a librarian without much of a social life and second, because she’s not even sure how those memories could be true if she is this other Lolita person. But she continues nonetheless>

But if you look at this developing pattern, and consider that Exnihil is traveling backwards in time to layout chronometers for Phineas to use, he may be putting the necessary building blocks in place to do something drastic to Legion World with his powers over space and time.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

But Mary, the pattern is incomplete. We only know a handful of places Exnihil has been. It would be impossible to tell.

<looks over the map with her>

By the way, don’t be embarrassed about knowing about this stuff. I think its pretty cool.

<doesn't look at Everyday Girl as he says that, figuring she is likely rolling her eyes>

Lolita
His Girl Friday

<she smiles, a little flustered>

Yes, well, thank you, but, well…anyway, I know the pattern is incomplete, but you see, I can naturally extrapolate the locations to come up with the pattern. You see, I’ve always had this gift to compile data, to analyze it and draw conclusions, and I’m generally always spot-on. So you see…

<Mary pinpoints all the rest of the places for the chronometers to be on Legion World>

• The Tobacconihilist
  • Cafe Cramer
  • Quislet's Law Firm
  • SHAKES bar
  • Rockhopper's Rookery
  • The Office of Security
  • Medicus Two
  • The Statue of Cobalt Kid
  • Stuart Rathbone’s Masterpost Theatre
  • Shark Lad's Tank
  • The Former LMB Clubhouse
  • Varalent’s Variable Villa

There you go. Those must be the 12 places on Legion World where Phineas has placed his chronometers via Exnihil, as you said. Whats so amazing is an hour ago this would have seemed so crazy to me. But now…it doesn’t for some reason.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Hm…that’s pretty damn impressive, Mary. Still, Vee’s Villa hasn’t had anyone there in weeks. Guess that could have been done months ago with time travel involved. You know, I think you did it!

Because of the Kacks we know where Phineas is, but his powers of space don't allow us to actually get there. Maybe this can help?

<once more he leans closely to Mary Hatch and the room almost heats up as the two get closer>

Lolita
His Girl Friday

You really have your own statue? Really…<shakes head>

In any case, by mapping these out in this fashion...a clear pattern is shown. Even more, it seems to be pointing to something. Something beyond the city of Legion World. Its pointing beyond the hills outside the city. I bet you anything that is where Phineas secret hideout is. Or the best way to officially get there at least, since you say that’s what the problem is.

I think we’ve just found your way to Phineas B. Fuddle.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<now Cobalt smiles even wider>

I have no doubt now. You and I are destined to be together. So Mary Hatch…if you still believe, I do too. Its time to fix things, and stop Phineas B. Fuddle. And whatever happens to you and I, or the timeline, or who knows, I feel like in my heart we’ll find each other, whether in this lifetime or the next.

So in the meantime, I’m not letting you out of my sight.

<scoops her up into his arms>

Hope you don’t mind a little adventure. We’ve got work to do, and you’re coming with me.

Brit, where is everyone else? What No One and Nobody is far too critical, and I think we might have a shot at surprising Phineas after all. Its time to start moving this toward the endgame.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<calls via Omnicom from the Tesseracts>

Des! Where are ya, pal! We need to kick Phineas' ass!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.