Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Autumn will be here soon.... (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Autumn will be here soon....
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Was Betty Crocker a Legionairre?

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
What do you think Cham's Mom was doing in the past while Dad was off partying with L.E.G.I.O.N.?

In fact, Mom was pretty much every major corporation's aproned ambassador between 1929 and 1972. For example: Mary Blake at Carnation, Ann Pillsbury at Pillsbury (yes, we all know about the link between Proteans and Doughboys by this time, I'm sure), and so on.

Expect this to be a crucial plot arc in my forthcoming fanfic that crosses R.E.B.E.L.S. with Mad Men.

But first, I have pumpkin seeds to roast. BRB.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[Fire Lad] Pumpkin Seeds.

Click Here For A SpoilerFor each 1/2 C of raw pumpkin seeds, you'll need:

1 1/2 tsp. olive or other vegetable oil, plus a little extra for oiling the baking tray

1 tsp. Kosher salt

1/8-1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper

1/4 tsp. Coriander

1/2 tsp. ground Cumin

After you've scooped the seeds from the pumpkin, put them in a strainer and rinse under cool water to remove most of the strings, etc.

Shake off the water and spread the seeds out on a big plate or tray. Let them dry for at least an hour or two or overnight (ideally).

When ready to roast the seeds, preheat oven to 300 F.

Lightly coat a large baking tray with oil or non-stick spray. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil, salt, and spices. Stir well to combine.

Add the seeds and stir well with a spatula or wooden spoon, so they are coated thoroughly with the oil-salt-spice mixture.

Spread them out on the greased baking tray and bake for about 1/2 hour, turning them every 10-15 minutes so they roast evenly. Seeds will turn golden brown on the outside, and the inside will change from green to brown as they bake.

Remove from tray to a large plate to cool the seeds before eating. (About 5-10 minutes.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Pumpkin Beer: [Infectious Lass]

Pumpkin Coffee: [Love]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Does 'Pumpkin beer: [Infectious Lass] ' = [Disgusting] ?
Just curious.

In Salem, Oregon and the surrounding areas, everything has been golden and flame for a week or so now. (I loose track of time, sigh.)

Our Sugar Gum tree, planted by the city long ago, and one of the few not already chopped down and gleefully tossed into a shredder, is just starting to turn color.

The leaves will still be dropping until Christmas, usually, and the 'spiked' nut/seeds will be dropping all year!

Do you have a receipe for roasted, or any other way, Sugar Gum Weapons of Destruction, cleome?

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Sorry, Candle. I don't even know how to prepare Gingko nuts.

Our Hawthorne sapling looks beautifully red, but it's in the back yard where few people get to see it. We have a neighbor black cat who comes around and walks beneath the tree in circles. It took me some time earlier this year to realize that he uses the thorns to scratch his back, the lunatic.

[LOL]

--------------------

cleome46

As for pumpkin in either beer or coffee, all I can say is:

[Shudder]

--------------------

Mysa Nal 3
& agents of the Magestrix

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysa Nal 3   Email Mysa Nal 3         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
As for pumpkin in either beer or coffee, all I can say is:

[Shudder]

[Shudder] is absolutely correct!

The flavor must be for the very young (under 35) and their undeveloped taste buds!

--------------------
Let the games thrive, friend and foe alike.

But, . . . the time is shorter than we think.

Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Autumn. Indeed, indeed.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
20 days, then everything changes.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Darn, the bumping of this thread fills me with a craving for my aunts awesome pumpkin soup. (It has curry in it, I have no idea how curry and pumpkin can combine into something this awesome, and not explode on contact...)
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sure will be seeing some lovely autumn cooling here in Houston. Maybe in November. It'll be hot and humid here for a while yet.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
FINALLY. This summer has been utter hell here. I am very fortunate I didn't have to venture out into the heat unless I chose to.

Temp right now is in the 70s. [Smile] But that may be because of Earl.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Fall colors have been slowly trickling in for the past month - just here and there; it's still rather green. There are small sprinklings of leaves on the grass here and there. Some days are fierce summer heat/humidity, but others have an autumnal feel. especially toward dusk.

It's been a nice slow transition to fall.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Earl. Ugh. I meant to call my Mom tonight back East and make sure she's doing okay. Now I'll have to do it tomorrow morning. [Embarrassed]

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.