Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle (Page 49)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<gives Dev an "if looks could kill" glare> <face turns red and looks toward Rocky and Cobie> Thanks for the armchair psychoanalysis, you two....

<to Rocky> I loved you with all my heart, Rocky. But you dumped me like I was nothing because of some stupid, antiquated tradition among your people. To me, love is something that transcends all of that garbage. I realize that kind of thing is part of the fiber of who you are, but I can NEVER understand what you did! Never. Unless, you never felt the same way as I did in the first place...or you couldn't deal with loving someone as...challenging...as me. I warned you going in, and you told me you weren't afraid of my baggage. I--

<thinks> Pull back, Lardy. This is too much to show in front of all these others...

...if you think this is all some overreaction to our breaking up, then you underestimate me as a man.

<to Cobie>

Same to you, pal. If a man takes a personal loss (in this case his powers) and tries to make lemons out of lemonade, you're gonna brand him as overcompensating? Yeesh, man! You've barely spent two minutes with me since I took over as Chief, and you know what I'm all about now? Seriously?

<laughs> Any other penetrating analyses the rest of you care to offer?

[ March 01, 2011, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Chief Lardy ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Power Boy appears to be distracted .... looking far off out the windows .. hearing the Chief's passionate words .. he speaks ..

"Well .... er ... YES .... "

" .... all over Legion World there are shadows where my senses slide off and around ... and there are more every minute.

My 'analysis' is inconclusive ..... yet we can not afford to cluck like chickens when the darkness surrounds us!!!"

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<realizes his words did more harm than good>

Lardy...

<walks over to him; he puts his hand on his shoulder>

...you're my best friend. You're the only person I know where we've punched each other in the mouth and had a beer afterwards to laugh about it. We're both hard headed. Maybe we've both handled this all the wrong way.

<pauses; considers another option>

I have an idea. There is a lot I've got to tell you that I've discovered. But there is one final piece that needs to confirm it all.

Let me go free. And you join me yourself, in your new armor. Just the two of us--let's check this out. What we find may be a game-changer which will make all of this pale in comparison.

Your officers can keep watch on everyone if they want. But tell them to stand down.

Let's deal with this together.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Furballlooks at Power Boy...

"Not sure exactly what the hell Power Boy just said, but it sounds like the hammer is gonna fall soon Cobie. What you want to do bossman."

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Alright. For the sake of our friendship, I came here with the olive branch when I clearly have the upper hand, here. I mean, if I'm as crazy and out of control as you lot seem to think I am, why, I'd ignore interstellar law and level this place, right? <chuckles>

<is amused by the concerned, serious looks the others give him in response>

Anyway, yes, I'll go with you. The rest stay here, and my guards stay out there. Now, finally, we can get to the bottom of this...together.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Rocky begins to experience an emotion he almost never indulges in: anger. No, he tells himself. Rage is not our way. He takes a deep breath, so deep he almost uses his super-breath.>

Chief, you are forgiven for your derision of the Pyngwyn Colonies on its own soil. Power Boy and Cobalt Kid are right. There is a greater foe than any of our petty angers and quarrels.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Tempest has remained quiet, observing the interaction. But Cobalt Kid's gesture of brotherly companionship to Lardy has struck a chord with her.)

Intriguing as always, my Cobalt.

(She listens to Lardy's command to stay put.)

Of course, he too has something special about him.

(She turns to Dev Em and Power Boy. She smiles and waves.)

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Rocky... <gives him a look that betrays the depth of his feelings> ...we'll talk some time...alone, okay? After all of this mess is over.

--------------------

Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Furball sits down near the windows staring out at the Security Force outside.

"I know he's out there."

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<puts hands on shoulders>

We'll go then. And we can all work together.

<to Furball>

The moment I can confirm my suspicions, Lardy will drop the guard. First thing I need you to do: find Lolita. It's of vital importance.

<to Exnihil>

You're still in danger, Ex. A lot of danger. Stay with Rocky, Dev or Power Boy.

And everyone...thanks...

<turning back to Lardy>

Ready when you are, big guy.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev looks at Tempest and changes his appearance to a mirror image of her and waves back.

"Grife I hate magic."

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Furball nods at Cobie. "Got it boss."
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<smiles> I'll have to go retrieve my exo-armor first--you are NOT carrying my ass!

<walks out and retrieves armor from Roy>

Roy, make sure the standoff is maintained. NO aggression by the Security Office is authorized! I'll have anyone's head who violates that order---and I expect you to lead by example. You're in charge, here. You're my guy, Roy. <places hand on his shoulder for a second>

<to Tempest> If I send you our prearranged signal, you are to drop your barrier immediately. Then, I'll send you all new orders.

<to the rest> All of you make me proud!

<walks back to Cobie> I'm ready now.

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Tempest sneers at Dev Em, then grins. And walks closer to him. She doesn't shout, she merely uses magic to carry her voice to him.)

It's a good look on you. My ass is bit more perky, though.

Dev? Your clothes look a little singed. Aren't they treating you right over there?

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev smiles with Tempests face and then proceeds to age the look of the face he's wearing into an old lady.

"They treat me just fine deary..."

He then shifts back to normal.

"Better not antogionize too much," he says and winks at her.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.