Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 47)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
MEMPHIS!!!!!!!!! [Cool]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
BTW, I think after seeing all those pix, that I'm developing a mancrush on Rocky! [Embarrassed] [Wink]

Oh, I'm already there. [Wink] Cobie, I was sorry to hear about your fiancee's family. Hope everything is going well!
Gosh, this trip has been so good for my ego! [Wink]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't BELIEVE you have trouble getting dates, John! [shrug] [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QuietDarkness
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuietDarkness   Author's Homepage   Email QuietDarkness         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
QUOTE]Great Space!! I was there, Nov. 2005, right! Didya see me! [Big Grin]

If I screwed up the quote thing, forgive me. I'm new to posting here:P

Quite likely I did see you considering we sat in on every DC panel:) It's more likely that you saw my daughter, who at that con was dressed up as the silver aged Batwoman. Mark Waid hit on her in one of the DC panels in front of God and everyone, and I've never let her forget it.

"Sidra, if you hadn't let a little thing like a fiance and Mark being old enough to be your father stop you, you could have controlled the whole darn Legion of Superheroes! What kind of Legion fan are you?"

Edited to add: Mike Grabois's shot of Sidra came out awful. Here's a link to a better one:
http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/Quietdarkness/Costumes/?action=view¤t=AnimatedNightGirl.jpg

She used to use her own hair, but she cut it short, so now she resorts to wigs. And yes, we COULD get her hair up that high with her own hair. Aquanet hairspray is Night Girl's secret weapon during the day. All she has to do is bean someone with that hair, and they'll be out like a light.

[ July 28, 2008, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: QuietDarkness ]

--------------------
Night Girl's mother

From: Bellaire, Texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by QuietDarkness:
It's more likely that you saw my daughter, who at that con was dressed up as the silver aged Batwoman. Mark Waid hit on her in one of the DC panels in front of God and everyone, and I've never let her forget it.

Okay, THAT I remember! [LOL] That Legion panel was our (LASH, Quis Esq. and myself, along with a bunch of other LWers) main reason for attending WWTexas. But it was Memphis where Lashie helped me score ADVENTURE #247... [Love]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
[qb]You want a LW group shot? You got it- Gary even put a smiley in it.

CJ (and everyone else), you can post my picture if you want.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
In regards to the Judd Winnick thing:

At the Geoff Johns panel, my second question was: "there is a Legionnaire in the new Legion named Dream Boy. Can Superboy Prime punch his head off?"

Geoff Johns: "I'll make a note of it."

Later that night on the roof, as we start discussing comics we hate, a slightly buzzed Stu yells "you should have asked Geoff if Superboy Prime could punch Judd Winnick's head off!"

About four hours later at the bar, an innebriated Stu, Cobie, Cali, and several others are laughing and yelling and STU starts going "I"M GOING TO PUNCH JUDD WINNICK'S HEAD OFF! BAM!!!". And then a punch of us started yelling it. Several times. REALLY loud. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
OK so most coverage has been updated today. This is coverage that is more collector centric but almost all have photos of cosplayers:

Michael Crawford's Coverage

Action Figure Collector's coverage

Figures.com - Now over 5000 photos

Action-Figure. com - They're slow getting the pictures up but are adding things as best they can

Action Figure Insider - Don't like the organization but:
AFI Day 1
AFI Day 2
AFI Day 3
AFI Day 4

ComingSoon.net - Movie coverage and some photos.

I'm pretty sure you all know where to look for Comics coverage.

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sweet! Thanks!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Well, CJ and I went to get pics with Kirkman on Thursday because I hadn't met him before. CJ had seen him in Colorado and the day before with Scott but the Zombie King, who had recognized our Lightning Lad, still didn't know CJ. It might have something to do with him being an alt-ID...[/QB]
For some reason, I had the hardest time with Robert Kirkman's name. I just couldn't remember it (despite having read over a dozen issues of The Walking Dead).

STU: Where is Jim Woodman?
CJ: Robert Kirkman.

STU: Is that John Kirkwood over there?
CJ: Robert Kirkman.

STU: We tried to see Richard Kirkham, but he wasn't there today.
Lightning Lad: Robert Kirkman.

Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
[QUOTE]
You want a LW group shot? You got it- Gary even put a smiley in it.

STU, you cheap bastich... buy a Ferro Lad helmet already. [Roll Eyes]
That's not me.

Besides, why are you complaining? I know you have like dozens of pictures of me all over your room.

Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
In regards to the Judd Winnick thing:

At the Geoff Johns panel, my second question was: "there is a Legionnaire in the new Legion named Dream Boy. Can Superboy Prime punch his head off?"

Geoff Johns: "I'll make a note of it."

Later that night on the roof, as we start discussing comics we hate, a slightly buzzed Stu yells "you should have asked Geoff if Superboy Prime could punch Judd Winnick's head off!"

About four hours later at the bar, an innebriated Stu, Cobie, Cali, and several others are laughing and yelling and STU starts going "I"M GOING TO PUNCH JUDD WINNICK'S HEAD OFF! BAM!!!". And then a punch of us started yelling it. Several times. REALLY loud. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

I also seem to recall emphatically declaring Judd Winick the Worst Real World Cast Member ever, and then screaming for Pam's freedom.
Pov

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
[QB]That's not me.[QB]

Oops. Yeah, it's Gary-- I saw his post giving CJ and others permission to show his pictures. [Embarrassed] I just assumed it was you prior to reading his post because of your lack of public photogenics... [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

I see you didn't deny having like dozens of pictures of me all over your room.

Very telling.

Pov

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
:blush: [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.