Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 46)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
QuietDarkness
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuietDarkness   Author's Homepage   Email QuietDarkness         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
I'm about to depart.

Jason/Kinetix (from the Boston con 05!) was here, so we're up to 32!

I met Quiet Darkness too a few min ago.

Adios! C U when I'm back east!

I actually came by to say hello the first time on Friday, with my oldest daughter dressed as the animated Night Girl. Some photos of that should be appearing eventually, probably on this board.

Jason, also known as Kinetix, I just about had to haul him over by the scruff of his neck to say "hi." He was too busy enjoying his first San Diego.

It was great meeting you all, if briefly those 2 days. I feel like I know all of you, because I've been reading what you have been writing for a very, VERY long time. Hopefully I'll post more and you'll get to know me! Thanks for manning that booth all con so the rest of us could come by and connect:)

--------------------
Night Girl's mother

From: Bellaire, Texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
A Night Girl costume?! Dag, I'm sorry I missed that. [Frown] I hope those pics get posted soon!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It's almost midnight and I've been home for about half an hour. I'm starting to ease back into the reality in which I spend days sitting at a desk writing about banking procedures instead of the one in which I spend days on end hanging out with and geeking out with some of the finest people on the planet. This was a truly amazing weekend. I so enjoyed meeting all of you. Staffing the table, walking the floor, eating great meals, drinking in great bars, and talking comics and the Legion at every opportunity, all of it was just everything I could have asked for.

Highlight of the weekend? Meeting my roommates and knowing that I hadn't made a huge mistake in committing to sharing a room with three near-strangers. Many thanks to Suddenly Seymour, Kent Shakespeare, and Rockhopper Lad for being the best roommates I could have asked for. And my apologies if I woke any of you up coming back from the bar this morning.

Second highlight? Getting one of the splash pages of LSH 297 (the conclusion of the Great Darkness) signed by Giffen and Levitz. I'm still reeling a bit inside over that.

My pics will be forthcoming later in the week.

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
A Night Girl costume?! Dag, I'm sorry I missed that. [Frown] I hope those pics get posted soon!

I've got a pic of that wonderful costume with its mile-high beehive and will post when I get home (and have finished mowing the grass).

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by SharkLad:
when's the one on the east coast?

<splash>

Maybe at Charlotte next year for a "mini-Ultimate Meet-up"? I've never been to a con in my life, but I could easily finagle getting to that one. If any of my buds here are hame, then I'll make it happen! Somethin' to think about anyway--I know you guys are probably burned out for at least a couple months.

(of course my fear would be that I could never come CLOSE to livin' up to my legend [Big Grin] )

sounds good to me ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by QuietDarkness:
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
I'm about to depart.

Jason/Kinetix (from the Boston con 05!) was here, so we're up to 32!

I met Quiet Darkness too a few min ago.

Adios! C U when I'm back east!

I actually came by to say hello the first time on Friday, with my oldest daughter dressed as the animated Night Girl. Some photos of that should be appearing eventually, probably on this board.

Jason, also known as Kinetix, I just about had to haul him over by the scruff of his neck to say "hi." He was too busy enjoying his first San Diego.

It was great meeting you all, if briefly those 2 days. I feel like I know all of you, because I've been reading what you have been writing for a very, VERY long time. Hopefully I'll post more and you'll get to know me! Thanks for manning that booth all con so the rest of us could come by and connect:)

QD (hey! that rhymes with "cutie"! sort of)

I am soo glad you did stop by (and drag Jason too). While any lurkers are obviously within their rights, as a former (brief) lurker, I can promise any and all it's more fun to dive on in!

Meeting you and other lurkers was good for us, too. It was an excellent reminder of how many great people pop in to watch our sheninegans, that it isn't merely for our own amusement!

As something of a writer and artist myself, feedback of non-participants (or occasional participants or future participants or... hey! I'm getting off track!) about what works and what doesn't is always helpful... even in the sense that LW itself is sort of one big collaborative creative effort.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QuietDarkness
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuietDarkness   Author's Homepage   Email QuietDarkness         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think I can quality as a lurker any more. I'm starting to post [Razz]

Barry Kitson suggested that my daughter and I might like to participate in Legion World at the Wizard World Texas where he and Mark were reintroducing the 3 Boot. So I've lurked awhile. Unlike most lurkers though, I eventually joined and introduced myself.

--------------------
Night Girl's mother

From: Bellaire, Texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
BTW, I think after seeing all those pix, that I'm developing a mancrush on Rocky! [Embarrassed] [Wink]

Oh, I'm already there. [Wink] Cobie, I was sorry to hear about your fiancee's family. Hope everything is going well!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
So here's some photos to start. For some reason my photos of LWers involve drinking...

SDCC

Updated.

See Cobie do what he does best- grab a girl and mug for the camera.

View Vu being forceful.

You want a LW group shot? You got it- Gary even put a smiley in it.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by QuietDarkness:

Barry Kitson suggested that my daughter and I might like to participate in Legion World at the Wizard World Texas where he and Mark were reintroducing the 3 Boot. So I've lurked awhile. Unlike most lurkers though, I eventually joined and introduced myself.

Great Space!! I was there, Nov. 2005, right! Didya see me! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Two quick things before I forget.

Leaving on Sunday at the crack of dawn, who was on my flight but none other then Simon Pegg from Shaun of the Dead and the new Scotty in Star Trek. I was to shy to ask for a picture, I needed Cali to be at my side.

Also, I come to work Monday morning and my desk has been covered in foil. My chair, my keyboard, monitio, mouse pad, my favorite pen --- I will post a pic.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Hanging out in the San Antonio airport waiting for my connection.... here are pictures of Sidra as the animated version of Night Girl, with links to her as the Silver Age and Grell versions (making her Triplicate Night Girl) and a picture of Cali asking umm like a question for Geoff Johns.
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
[QUOTE]
You want a LW group shot? You got it- Gary even put a smiley in it.

STU, you cheap bastich... buy a Ferro Lad helmet already. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

But who is that flock of hotties around the table? There's those 3 dudes on Caroline's side, and MEL is between 2 other dudes, and there's a chick in pink. Apologies for not recognizing you, please identify!

Heh heh... LMB SDCC Roll Call, please!

This is so freakin' awesome!

[Bouncing Boy] [Love] [Love] [Love]
Lash called me a hottie!!!! My whole existence is validated!!!!! [Big Grin]

To the right of Caroline at that dinner picture would be me, Director Lad and Suddenly Seymour. Flanking MEL are Actor Lad and CJ. The lady in pink is Mechana.

OhmiGAWD!!!! Rocky you are SOOO skinny! Congrats man! OhmiGAWD look how cute Director Lad is in his glasses! And Seymour I could kick my own butt for not recognizing because I've seen that picture of him in a Starman costume, IIRC! Looking GOOD boys! So that's Actor Lad in the cap? Hi guy! And Ceej! CEEJ!! Man, next year I am TOtally going!! And Mechana!!!!! Hi sweetie!!! Pretty in pink!
Sorry to inform you, they just announced this is the last San Diego con ever. It has really cast a dark pall of gloom over the whole con.
LAST ? I am not sure if I read it correctly since I got back home today. Are you saying that the SD Con won't celebrate their 40th next year? [Frown] that really sucks.

By the way, it was a pleasure meeting some of you and many many thanks to the Quislet for allowing me to have a place to stay. Very much appreciated.

If you have seen a guy wearing a Timber Wolf symbol with orange T-shirt, I was the guy. I have gotten many comments from artists, writers, etc...when they see me wearing this shirt - they exclaimed "Timber Wolf!". I saw one guy wearing a bright Ultra Boy symbol T-Shirt the next day after I wore my T-Wolf shirt. Anyone know him?

Kent - I am so sorry that we did not have the opportunity to meet each other! Perhaps the next year will do - somewhere? I really hope that they will continue the Convention somewhere.

I have been hearing some rumors that the Convention would move to Las Vegas in 2010 or 2012...don't know if it s true. Anyone care to share the info?

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Superboy, Quis was just kidding with Lash. They aren't ending the San Diego Con, although I also heard the Las Vegas rumor.

As for next year, most of us don't plan on attending--it would just be too expensive to do it every year--but we did talk about having Legion World get-togethers every two to three years or so in different places, not necessarily in conjunction with a con. Stay tuned for further details.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.