Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 42)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh good. I'm glad you didn't mind, it's gorgeous. I really just did that to show you how the link up works. I just linked it to your own thumbnail on your site rather than searching out the larger version of the image.
Very pretty work.
There are quite a few really good pro and amatuer artists and a couple of pro colorists that come here. I'll bet if you were to PM NightCrawler of Lightning Lad they'd add your site to the other sites in the Legion Creators forum if you want them to.

Have you looked through Barry's design sketches in the forums yet? I'd dearly love to see someone lay a bit of color on some of those pencils. Betcha Barry would get a charge out of it too. Yellow Kid has a gallery of those hosted at Imageshack if you haven't seen them yet and there's even some Jim Lee Legionnaire designs to be found here somewhere. Cool stuff.

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alienfish
Replicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alienfish   Author's Homepage   Email Alienfish         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the info on getting the images into the posts.

If I have time this weekend I'll throw some colors on 1 or 2 of Barry's drawings.

I'm trying to get some of James Sherman's originals (or photo copies) to see what that older art would have looked like with modern colors.

I did post an older pic I did on the Saturn Girl bash forum. I did the pencils, inks and colors.

--------------------
Whatta ya gonna do? Bleed on me?

From: Camano Island, Wa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Alienfish, your art is incredible. Love the one entitled "Utopia's Corner". Really beautiful.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet Boy
Pardon?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet Boy   Email Comet Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Benel( I know, weird name)
Where you live: Bronx, New York
What you do: I'm currently a student.

Legion info:My favorite character is Cosmic Boy. I'm kinda knew to the Legion, but with the Kitson/Waid reboot, I think that I'mma get situated with old and new Legion alike.

Other things you like: I'm a big fat comic dork, but I also enjoy novels, philosophy and classic literature in general, Goethe in specific.

From: Uh....I'll say Earth. Is it Earth? | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
welcome, Benel!

I briefly lived in the Bronx myself.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet Boy
Pardon?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet Boy   Email Comet Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
BX stand up!
From: Uh....I'll say Earth. Is it Earth? | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MYG
Once a Legionnaire...always a Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MYG   Email MYG         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Benel, good to have you! I grew up in the Bronx from the age of 5 until only a few years ago. Although the section I grew up in was not considered "Da Bronx" as the world knows it. People would tell me, that's not the Bronx!!! Again, the Legion welcomes you!

[ May 21, 2005, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: MYG ]

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!!!

From: Sayreville, NJ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet Boy
Pardon?

Good to be welcome as a Legion faithful eventhought I just recently came into being my Legion-self last December.

I've heard alot of older Legion fan putting down the Waid/Kitson reboot, but I'm glad to have such a warm reception. Proves that once a Legionnarrie, doesn't really matter.

Which reminds me, I should get a ring....

MYG
Once a Legionnaire...always a Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MYG   Email MYG         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been a Legion fan since 1980 (I know that seems like a long time ago to you Comet Boy...but it really isn't!!!). I was a big Giffen/Levitz fan back then. Now that was when the Legion was like the number 2 DC book, right behind the Teen Titans of Perez/Wolfman fame! I have to say that the only time I was THIS excited about the Legion was probably the "Legion Lost" mini-run. Waid and Kitson are excellent. They have captured the Legion in a light that this team hasn't seen in years! people are actually excited about this book again and that's great!!!

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!!!

From: Sayreville, NJ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Beth (or B1 as my brain-sharing partner would say -- don't ask.)
Age: Never ask a lady such a thing! *is appalled* Wait... I'm no lady. [Wink] I'm 18.
Where you live: I thought we weren't s'posed to give this kinda info out on the internet! Well, I've always been a rebel, so... I live in various parts of sunny California.
What you do: Full-time student. >.< Yeah. Even this summer. *sigh*

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.): Well, I'm pretty new to the Legion. I've only started reading with this recent incarnation because #1 I love what Mark Waid did for the Flash and his run on Fantastic Four was pretty neat and, #2 with this newest reboot I felt much less intimidated. I mean, so many characters and I knew nothing about any of them! (Except XS who I really like -- where is she, anyway?) Anyway, so far, I really like Dream Girl, Brainiac 5, Cosmic Boy, Triad and... just about everyone else. Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad seem like the "Scott and Jean" of the Legion (X-Men ref, sorry.) but that's about the only thing I don't love. For some reason, Cos really reminds me of Mal from the T.V. show Firefly. In fact, the whole series reminds me of it... the writing, the way the stories unfold... I'm really, really enjoying it. (And that's enough rambling from me.)

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.): (Or, maybe it isn't. [Wink] ) I read loads of other comics, to start. I think my favorites (excepting the Legion) are probably... Flash (He's my favorite hero ever!), Runaways, JSA, Young Avengers, Teen Titans, Cable/Deadpool, Aquaman, Astonishing X-Men, Batgirl, Nightcrawler... yeah. The list goes on but I don't think you want to go there. In case it wasn't obvious by my list, my favorite author is Geoff Johns. By far. As for 'books, movies, music, etc.'... Well, my favorite book is The Firebrand and I like a lot of variety. My favorite movie... erm, I dunno. I like a lot of movies -- I've hardly ever not liked one. Maybe Bride and Prejudice. Music. Ohmigod, I love music. Oasis and Fall Out Boy are getting lots of play atm. And... again, enough rambling.

Anything else that you want to share!: No, no. I think that's quite enough. [Smile] I'm just happy to be here 'n' stuff. w00t~

[ June 05, 2005, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Caliente ]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi there,

I have been a Legion groupie since 1969. I began the long journey when i was about 5 or 6. Although i did not become aware of it until i was much older (say about seventeen) it was Jim Shooter who inspired me to be creative and yearn for the avenues that formed the great expanse of the universe.

He became the very first Legion fan to break out with his take on the Legion during the mid-60's and he was only 15 when he started to pen his very first Legion tale featuring three doomed Legionnaires and one royal survivor who had underwent various creative, emotional and evolutionary changes on her run with the team.

It was not until i was about 22 that i dabbled into the Shooter bandwagon by writing and drawing my own Legion stories....and to this day i kicked myself for not being more assertive with my ideas. I remember a Time Trapper multi-parter where i practically wiped out all of Metropolis by utilising the Gowampi plant-beast (ADVENTURE 326) and used Glorith (ADV 338) as a resurrected Trapper flunky who ultimated met her fate again with a lethal hour-glass. The motivation behind the Trapper's plans was to kidnap the members of the team who had suffered various losses in the past, by pitting them against a rescue team of Legionnaires whom Trapper had transformed into the adversaries the captured feared and hated the most. This convuluted action-fest culminated with the Trapper's chronal headquarters being absorbed by the Infinite Man (S/LSH 233) whom the gathered Legion had summoned from the past.

(insert tongue-in-cheek comment here)I never would have made the grade trying to sell such an "absurd plot-line" but i kept on slogging away until i realised that the Crisis would have retconned my various "hits and misses" to the scrap pile.

No harm in trying, right? Thanks for putting up with me - so far LOL

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome, guys!

C-Boy and Caliente, I'm 17 myself, though I've been a fan of the Legion since the previous series.

BrianT, that sounds really impressive - maybe you'd like to post some of your work in the Bits forum?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Welcome, guys!

C-Boy and Caliente, I'm 17 myself, though I've been a fan of the Legion since the previous series.

BrianT, that sounds really impressive - maybe you'd like to post some of your work in the Bits forum?

IB, u never know...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:

Another baby!! Kidding, I kid. Good to know I'm not the only youngin' tho. [Wink] Good to "see" you IB. (Hee, I'm so entertained by your name. ^_^)

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome all you people!

IB, not 18 yet?

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.