Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 40)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(A gust of wind begins to circle around the roof, it becomes stronger and more compact, taking the form of Tempest.)

Pointless. I am getting sick and tired of these dead ends.

(Turns around.)

Dev? I'm sorry, I'm usually alone up here. What are you doing up here?

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
"I was just enjoying the view, which just got tremendously better by the way,' he said with a smile.

He stood up and walked a little closer to her.

"I'm sure you've heard by now that Lardy is on indefinite suspension until further review...and that they put me in charge, from his recomendation."

He turns and looks out at the city.

"So, I got tired of the paperwork after 9 hours, and decided to get some air and look at the city. I was contemplating taking a flight around and actually relax a little," he turns back to her, "...want to join me?"

[ March 25, 2011, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
OCC:Sorry for interrupting the flow, but I have to save this thread from the second page. I'm a bit confused as to where exactly members live, so I'll keep it vague.)

Question Lad decided to go for moderately priced and reliable this time over expensive and new security systems. He submitted his ideas to Chief Dev-Em for review and spent the rest of the day using his tech skills to repair damages to the systems. He decided to call it a night.

Question Lad's bedroom is a very organized space, with everything in it's specific place. The walls are a pale yellow, a remnant of the previous occupant. There were some modern art hanging on his walls along with box of mounted dragonflies he was given by Magnus University- Legionworld. On his desk was scattered pictures from his trip to Israel and the latest copy of Current Archeology.

He took out his Susanno 3000 and went through his business and personal e-mails. Everything seemed in order until he spotted one from Emily Sivana:

If I am not contacted by them in ten hours, I will come back to all of you.

Sebastian was too tired to question it, and decided to let the girl do whatever she wanted.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Shocked by the news of Lardy.)

I--wow...

I guess I thought everyone would just forgive him, how idealistic of me.

If they won't forgive him for what he did, will they forgive me for what I did? I can't ever let anyone know.

Maybe the time off will do him good. I could really use a drink. This night hasn't been going to well.

(levitates off the ground)

Show me to the nearest drink hole. (She says with forced smile.)

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
"Okay."

Dev levitates next to her. "This way..."

They fly off and hit the nearest bar and proceed to drink...

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

After a few drinks, Dev takes Tempests hands and asks, "What's bothering you?"
Tempest
Enchantress

(Less aggravated, but not really drunk, just calm, she leans into Dev so that she is resting on him as the both look out into the city.)

The past.

My dreams.

Who I was, is that who I am?

I suppose my main issue is---

Should I have come to Legion World?

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

"Tempest...I have no idea if there is anything I can do to help, but I will if I can."

Dev glances around, his hearing has picked up something.

"Great...you want to take out some frustration on some of those Lard Bots that are still roaming around? There's three of them a few blocks east of here."

Tempest
Enchantress

I suppose, but they're kind of cute.

(Takes to the air and heads east until she spots the Lard Bots.)

I never did fight any of these.

(She lowers herself to them, but does not land. They see her and fire, she protects herself with a magic shield.)

Not at all like the real one!

(Throws a mystic blast at the one on the furthest right. She follows after it as it stumbles backwards. She summons a gale on the other two to push them away from her. Her hands glow white as she punches her original target in the face.)

Don't by shy, Dev. They're just crap metal.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev uses his heat vision to dispatch one rather quickly.

kinda cute...they look just like...

He send the thirds head flying about four blocks away.

"Oops...better go get that."

He flies off after it, and melts it on the way back.

"I'm sorry I should probably call it a night, I have a bit to do tomorrow. I want to talk to the staff, and I have a few others I need to track down. Can I take you fly you home before I go home myself?"

Tempest
Enchantress

(Standing over the now destroyed bits of a Lard Bot.)

No, I think I'll stay out a bit, I do rather hate my room at the Office.

Good night, Dev. Get some sleep, I suppose you have a big day ahead of you, Chief.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

"Goodnight Tempest."

He pauses as he levitates off the ground. what are you waiting for...you idiot...ask her...

"Yeah, tomorrow is going to be busy. Give me a call if you need me for anything."

...anything at all. By the gods I'm an idiot, he thinks as he slowly turns and flies away in an expanding circle at first, and then towards the Office of Security, where he grabs a cot and sleeps in a spare room next to his office, not yet ready to go to his empty home alone.

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Question Lad arrived in the Office's kitchen the next morning to find Red Arrow making coffee. He asked, "How did you get in? I haven't re-added you to the security systems yet."

Red Arrow looked around and then whispered, "You know that Soul Gem I was wearing?" He nodded so she continued. "I talked to an old family enemy and I traded it for some powerful equations. Apparently there's a war coming up and they want a truce between the Sivanas and the Marvels. The point is, I can walk through walls."

Question Lad said, "I understand. You want to be respected by those with powers beyound those of mortal men."

Red Arrow poured him a cup of coffee, "Yes. Here, you get the Batman cup."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev woke with a start. He had technically not overslept, since it would be a day off for him normally, but he had too many things to do. Of course, barely sleeping for weeks while trying to recover from the single worst beating you had ever took was eventually catch up to him.

He got up and wwalked into the little bathroom that was in each of the rooms set aside for staff living quarters. He turned and looked at his shoulders. Bruising is about gone, [I]going to have to thank Tempest for that properly,[I/} but I am going tohave some hideous looking scars over that whole area. "Oh well, he said and washed up.

-----------------------

After he had grabbed something to eat, he headed to his office. He grabbed his Omnicom and headed out. "I'll be out today taking care of some business. I'm going to be sending out some messages throughout the day for the staff. Also, there will be a crew coming in to rearrange my office and clean it thoroughly," he told the receptionist on duty.

Dev walked outside and looked around. It was a good bright day, and he took off to find where the people he needed to talk to were hanging out today.

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev ended up turning around quickly as he got an alert that two of the people he wanted to talk to were actually at the Office of Security.

He landed and entered, heading to the kitchen and said "hello you two. I was about a mile away when I got an alert that you two were here. I need to talk to both of you."

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.