Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The LMB Wiki! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: The LMB Wiki!
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm on a bit of a roll, now with the Lardy article! I just added a section covering the incident with Mordra and Leelee that helped define him. Tonight, I might begin the next section which covers his relationships with Hummer Lass and Hermaphrodite Helen!

This is FUN! [Yes]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Another section to Lardy's article added: "Early Friendships and Relationships". I'm on fire!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Better get an extinguisher.
From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I hope the eventual length of this Lard Lad article won't be a problem. While I'm not including everything, there are SO many documented essential details to Lardy's story, it pretty much has to be really long! [shrug]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
>Insert bad phalic joke here<
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I've written an article about the Wizard Shazam, hopefully the Fawcett City influence will bring balance to the Wiki. Though it makes me wish there was a Black Adam character on here, I wouldn't mind being his queen.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
>Insert bad phalic joke here<

REAL helpful there, Dev! [Razz]

[Wink]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I try. [Big Grin]
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
I've written an article about the Wizard Shazam, hopefully the Fawcett City influence will bring balance to the Wiki. Though it makes me wish there was a Black Adam character on here, I wouldn't mind being his queen.

Emily, we have had other folks use Shazam-related characters before. Kid Marvel (aka Joeboy) is probably the one who leaps to mind most readily.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
I hope the eventual length of this Lard Lad article won't be a problem. While I'm not including everything, there are SO many documented essential details to Lardy's story, it pretty much has to be really long! [shrug]

If the length of the article become unwieldy, you can always create "subarticles" linked within later on. For example there might be an article about Lardy's romantic involvements that the main Lard Lad article could link to. I wouldn't recommend doing that right away, but if the article becomes longer than you think would be practical, you may want to consider it.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Actually, Rocky, I like the article being long and unwieldy, personally. (There's much more to come!) I think all the subsections will make it wasy for anyone reading it to read what they want and catch up later. My concern was whether the length would bother anyone.

Not to toot my own horn, but Lardy is one of the LMBers with the most established history...so I think the length of the article is/will be appropriate. Subarticles would be an option if the length poses some sort of issue, though.

Mostly, I'm just having a great time with it! It is just beyond cool to stare at a Wikipedia article all about the character that I've toiled over in a labor of love for over 11 years!!!

To quote Dev, it's fum! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Wikipedia recommends a maximum length of 6000 to 10000 words. We can cross that bridge when we get to it! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hmmm...I ain't countin' 'em, Rocky! [Wink]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I registered last night but haven't added anything yet. I'm looking forward to doing Cobalt Kid's article, as well as some of my gen-cars, alts & villains, and then spending some time getting into some of the more obscure bits largely forgotten by most people.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Guys, do me a favor and post here after you've done any major updating to existing articles or creating of new ones. I'm avidly reading these articles! The new ones are easy to spot from the master list, but I'd personally like to no when existing articles are expanded, so I can check 'em out! [Yes]

--------------------

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.