Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Fanfic Lass' Fantabulous Land of Eighties Enchantment (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Fanfic Lass' Fantabulous Land of Eighties Enchantment
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It sure is. And you have a choice of regular bed or water bed.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
This being the seventies room a mattress in the corner should do...

But with clean sheets... some memories aren't very fond.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, here at the Synthetic Sanctuary, I endeavor to keep everything spotless, so as to overcompensate for my filthy mind.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! This place smells like casual sex!!! [Love]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Yes, and the ambience is furthered by piping in cheeseball disco instrumentals.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
For no additional charge, we'll even throw in Slade's scorching cover of Born To Be Wild.

Ah, Slade! Hard rock meets English folk meets 15 pints before going into the studio...
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Nowhere moreso than their power chords plus fiddles plus drum machine early 80s comeback single Run Runaway

Everybody sing along now,

"I love black and white
Dreamy black and white
You love black and white, run runaway
SEE CHAMELEON [Chameleon Boy]
LYING THERE IN THE SUN [Sun Boy]
All things to everyone, run runaway"

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I love that song!

If you're in the swing
Money ain't ev'rything
If you're in the swing
Run Runaway.
See chameleon lying there in the sun
All things to everyone, run runaway

Great Big Sea does a great cover of that.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

And the album that Run Runaway is on, Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply (a double entendre worthy of AC/DC in their prime), is one of my favorite 80s rock albums.

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, this really belongs on another thread, but...

All these years, I thought that line was,

"Seek Amelia, lying there in the sun..." etc.

I figured Amelia was Slade's, uh, Band-Aid girl or something.

(sigh)

And they said that the internet couldn't be an edjamacational tool. Thanks, SSSS !

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

You're very welcome. Just one of the many public services we provide.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
And the album that Run Runaway is on, Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply (a double entendre worthy of AC/DC in their prime), is one of my favorite 80s rock albums.

that was a great one... I love all three (?) 80s Slade albums.
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been in decline all week because I can't locate the T-Bone Burnett Cold-War-Noir-with-a-perm video aka "The Murder Weapon" from Proof Through The Night.

Life just seems so meaningless without it, somehow... [sigh]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

It's Friday!

O, Stealth Stealth, wherefore art thou, Stealth!

Quick, somebody post on this thread in praise of grunge. That'll bring her out, for sure.

--------------------

Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I like Weird Al's Smells like Nirvana, does that count?!?

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.