Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » New York Comic-con, (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: New York Comic-con,
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I might go, but I have a question.

Can artists and writers autograph fanart?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I imagine it all depends on the writer or artist. Most of the professionals I've met at cons have been very accommodating, although I've never really asked them to autograph anything other than their own work. Give it a shot.

For those going, here's a high level list of some of the Legion-y types that will be there:

Al Plastino
Geoff Johns
George Perez
Jim Shooter

As well as:

Andy Lanning
Chris Batista
Colleen Doran
Dan Abnett
Greg Larocque
J. Torres
Jim Starlin
Joe Staton
Karl Story
Mark Waid
Olivier Coipel
and Sanford Greene.

Pretty nifty.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
If the artist gives me permission, I wanna see if I could get Geoff Johns to autograph that contest prize, of the Toon Legion meeting Comic Legion.

And, Nei Ruffino and Joe Prado are gonna be there. I love her coloring work in Green Lantern and Grimm Fairy Tales, and I like the way Prado draws Batman and LL.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
it kills me that except for the Hero Initiative Charity Art Auction, there is no other listing of when and where Geroge Perez will be at. he'll probably be signing at the DC booth but i'd like to know when and where so i can get a good spot on line because i know there will be a huge line wherever he's at.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a cheap but safe hotel a couple of blocks from the Javits center.
It's directly across the street from the apt.building I lived in for a few years and it's walking distance from Times Square.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
link doesn't work, Rhino.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry. If anybody's still looking, I found good rates at cheaprooms.com .
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
going to be there hanging out with Dennis Calreo stop by and say hi!

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
the odds of my going have dropped to virtually nil. [Frown]
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Booooooo, Shakespeare! [Frown]

Just wanted to throw an idea out there for anyone going on Saturday...

Quislet, Esq. and I are going to dinner that night after the con, and, hey... the more, the merrier! If anyone is interested in food, drink, and plenty of Legion talk, let us know, and we'll start the round-up.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I will be there Friday also and would not mind having dinner companions that night too.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Be warned, Exnihil, Quis will talk your ear off. He will cover every possible use for teleportation, and then some. He'll drag all over the Con to show you some obscure comic book and then won't stop talking about it.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going on Saturday for sure ... Friday and Sunday are maybes ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, who's going to ask about Issue 50 and Lo3W being quarterly? Like, WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
Hey, who's going to ask about Issue 50 and Lo3W being quarterly? Like, WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say... everyone from these boards who happens to talk to DiDio, Shooter, or Marts. [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.