Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » this thread brought to you by... THE LIBRARY! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: this thread brought to you by... THE LIBRARY!
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm ... I wonder how long I should wait around?

<continues to listen to Cobaltus' and Mary's conversation>

Huh? It also sounds like someone is outside. Who could that be?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
<Nobody and No One, are searching the inside of the library per EDG's instructions>

Look it's Moley... How ya doing Moley? We ain't seen you in forever... Hey where'd ya tunnel in from? Can we check out the other end? Cuz like Brit's got her guns back and we like gotta make extra sure she's safe...

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Um, well, sure, but this particular burrow goes all the way to the Terresects. Well, first I did stop off at this really peculiar observatory kind of place. Is it really necessary for you to check out the other end, because it goes for miles and miles and miles?

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
<Nobody and No One, are searching the inside of the library per EDG's instructions>

We can go fast... Very super fast! And yes cuz she told us to make sure... and if we don't check the other end we won't be sure...

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

well, alrighty then. I'll just wait over here by the card catalog.

hmmm ... Cobaltus and Mary seemed to have stopped talking. I wonder what's going on? Maybe I should take a peek ...

--------------------

Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<backing farther away from Cobalt>

Please Cobalt, I’ve asked you twice now. Please leave me alone. There is no reason for you to be here. I’d really like you to go.

<again, the locket grows extremely cold and speaks to her>

Why is all this happening…?

<though Cobalt Kid is a total stranger to her, again she feels something else. She feels an excitement in her stomach…she feels satisfied that he is here. And she is very afraid of those feelings>

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<Cobalt continues to walk forward towards her, ignoring her wishes to leave>

Mary…I’m…starting to remember I think…

What I saw in Pagan Lass’s vision. Not actual memories…but emotions…feelings.

Mary, I know you, and you know me. I don’t know how, and I don’t care.

<stares into her eyes, as she walks backwards up a staircase and he follows>

I cared for you once, a great deal. It must have been a lifetime ago. I know you think I’m cold, and heartless. And maybe I am those things. But I wasn’t always this way. Maybe in some other lifetime, I never became such a rotten bastard. But I look at you, and I feel a fire in me. I feel happy, and I feel as if I can exhale after so many long years.

I think…I think maybe I loved you once?

<now is extremely close to her, so that they can feel each other’s breathing. He reaches his hand up to her face>

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost Girl
spirit of the night

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes... the moment is nigh upon us...

--------------------
death becomes me

From: Shangalla | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

<she stares into his eyes again, and closes her own. Something about the way he smells—like he’s clean, not like he’s trying to impress her. Something about the way he looks at her, as if he actually might understand her. Something about the way he talks>

…please…what you’re saying is…very lovely…but impossible…and I don’t believe it…

<as he moves to put his hand on her cheek, she suddenly has her senses kick back in>

STOP!

Please, leave me be!

<runs down the stairs past him>

I’ve asked you, so now I’m begging! I don’t know you, and I don’t want to!

<in her hurry, the locket she had been grasping falls to the ground>

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<picks up the locket; as he does, his spiritual sense that is part of the magical healing powers he hardly understands seems to react to it; and suddenly, some thoughts he had that seems just beyond the brink of comprehension become clearer>

<he smiles>

Mary, you’re scared of me. And I don’t blame you. Were you always a little scared of me? Or scared of yourself? Or maybe I’m the one who was scared…? Scared of hurting you? Or simply just scared of being hurt once more?

What I know is this. I’m a person who believes in logic and explanations. Science. We face a foe now who can alter time and space; who travels through Legion World hurting us in ways perhaps we are only now beginning to understand. This enemy, Phineas B. Fuddle, hates me, as he hates several others. But if he can manipulate time, then perhaps he did something to me—by doing something to you.

You don’t know me, and I don’t know you, or at least, that’s what all sense tells us. But maybe I’m wrong, waiting for logic and explanations. Because I do know you. Somehow.

I’ve felt this tremendous guilt these last few days. This enormous weight upon my chest, as if I did something I regret. You called me cold-hearted before, and I have become that way, I know. But I do not feel guilt for my actions. I would do it all again in a heartbeat. So maybe this guilt has to do with something else. Some other lifetime? As if I had to tell someone something and now the chance to do so is gone.

Mary…

<now he begins walking to her once more, to her dismay>

…Mary…don’t you feel it? You must! We do know each other somehow! Phineas must have screwed up the timeline. Because I feel it in my heart. You asked me to choose. To decide something that had been left unsaid for so many years. That maybe we both ignored, but you couldn’t ignore it any longer.

I…I remember more and more…this locket is helping…you told me you loved me, I know it. But I didn’t respond.

Mary, you must know me. Because I’m telling you. I love you, too.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

<as Cobalt grows ever closer, his words confuse her and make her increasingly uncomfortable. They make no sense at all. Yet part of her believes it, or perhaps wants to believe it. But every fantasy she’s ever had about leaving the library and being part of these grand adventures is likely coming into play. This simply is not how things are. But why does it all feel so familiar?>

…please…l said leave me be…

<and then she hears the words “I love you”, and her heart soars. As if she’d been waiting—no, hoping—but truly did not think she’d ever hear it. She feels uplifted, she feels euphoric. But why? Why would this complete stranger, this heartless monster, cause her such reactions? It makes no sense>

You…love me? You hardly know me. What sort of trick are you trying to play?

<wipes her forehead with her hankerchief; she feels as if she actually might faint>

Please Cobalt Kid…my name is Mary Hatch, and I’m just a librarian. Not some jailbait you walk around with and discard at your whim…

<she looks away, trying to get her bearings, and a tear rolls down her cheek; she hardly knows why she is reacting thus>

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<and now another smile goes across his face, but quickly disappears. More sure of himself than ever, he approaches her firmly, refusing to let this go. The time is now>

Mary, you can’t even look at me. Because in your heart you know it must be true. You’ve been my companion. You’ve been my friend. You’ve been everything to me I’ve ever needed. Mary…

<the locket she dropped again reacts in a weird way to Cobalt Kid; it obviously does not want him to be holding it. It wants Mary Hatch. He can sense that, but at the same time, he can sense a continuous flow of information to his mind>

Mary…Lolita. Lolita…<he smiles widely>

You’ve been everything to me. You have been my constant. I saved you from those Khundian pirates. I gave you a place to live, and a job when it was all you ever wanted. But you saved me when it really counted, and in a much better way. You saved me from myself. You loved me when it felt like no one else ever wood.

<he stops before, as the realization sets in that he can only bring her so far, and she must do the rest himself; he extends the locket>

You dropped this. Please take back your locket…

Lolita
His Girl Friday

<she extends her hand and takes it back, now looking at him once more, and considering everything he’s said>

Its like you’ve changed…right before my eyes since you came in here. Either you must be crazy…because it still seems so utterly ridiculous…or maybe…maybe I need to have a little faith.

<once more, the coldness of the locket hits her. The voice continues to speak to her, and its clear now that it is a girl, a teenage girl about her age>

You called me Lolita before…and that name sounds so familiar. You seem so familiar. Not Cobaltus the General, but the ‘you’ right here. Cobalt Kid…Cobie. That’s what your friends call, isn’t it?

I want to believe it, but wouldn’t anyone? Its crazy though.

<she is unable to break away from his eyes. Now she is simply just talking out loud, not even sure what she is saying>

Maybe I just need to have some faith in myself…

…everything is so confusing…I feel as if levy is holding back a flood, and I just need it to break…

I’m so scared…

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<indeed a change has occurred. In this timeline without Jailbait Lass, Cobalt Kid had increasingly become consumed by revenge and Cobaltus the General dominated his every action. But seeing Mary Hatch, he begins to feel as he once did. And he stops thinking like a general, and starts thinking like a man again>

I’m scared too. I know I must sound crazy. I probably am a little crazy. But whatever is happening on Legion World, its done something to throw far off track. But you can get me back there. You always have, Mary.

Now please…take my hand.

<extends his hand to her>

<he now also senses the presence of others outside, as previously he had been too distracted. He knows time is short>

Lolita
His Girl Friday

<Mary sees Cobalt Kid’s outstretched hand, and feels the quiet so loudly dominate the room. She feels herself believing more and more despite every effort not to. She doesn’t want to believe, she doesn’t want to be near him…but she can’t help but think it somehow feels so right>

…cobie…how can someone believe in something so crazy…?

<she staggers a little, almost on the verge of fainting. The locket has begun to hum now in her head, and the levy holding back the flood grows ever weaker>

…you told me you love me…but you don’t even know me…

…but maybe…maybe you do…

<she leans forward, and now she grabs his outstretched hand but only to keep herself up. The locket is speaking to her and the voice if much clearer: it is the voice of My Wee Fem. And as she speaks to Mary Hatch, Mary can hardly concentrate. She falls forward, grabbing Cobalt’s hand, and lands into his chest>

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.