Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Autumn will be here soon.... (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Autumn will be here soon....
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Autumn is the perfect time for outdoor theatre... Bad Outdoor Theatre... complete with corny lines, atrocious delivery, and overacting buffoons.

Right Lardy?

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, I'm not the one dressed like that! [LOL]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
True, from your dress you must be playing a hobo... an exceptionally poor hobo.

--------------------

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, sexy don't need no bells and whistles, dude!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

But it does require a moderate amount of cleanliness along with clothing that actually fits.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hey, I definitely have a moderate amount of cleanliness! Therefore: me = sexy!

[Yes]

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man

I believe that would require you to have bathed in this century... therefore Lardy = filthy!

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Zardi = jealous

[Yes]

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man

Believe what you will. Just please stand down wind while you do so.

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Pipe down, you overgrown adolescents! I'm trying to groove on the King Cole Trio here!

[ September 03, 2010, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, autumn! Where the highs in Houston are only in the 80s!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

Why does "Highs in Houston" sound like an 80's rock band?

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
or the state of Bobby Brown's mrs at various times...
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Zardi, the Eternal Man:
Autumn is the perfect time for outdoor theatre . . .

Ashland, OR has WONDERFUL outdoor theater!
Mostly in the late spring and summer, though.
We're not in the 'Duck State' for nothin'!
[Firm Concept]
. **' '''' *...
.. * ...* *..
..*' * ' ''.
.' *' **.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Behind the spoiler lurks the best Autumn recipe ever. Well, tied with Mom's applesauce recipe, maybe.

Click Here For A SpoilerSpicy Baked Pumpkin:

You will need:

1 cooking pumpkin. (The kind marketed as "sugar pumpkin" is what I usually use. It's the traditional shape but about as big as a toddler's head. Make sure you buy a pumpkin that's meant for cooking, not decoration.)

1/2 cup pepper jelly

1/4 cup cooking oil (almost any veggie or nut oil will do. Olive oil is okay, too.)

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly butter or oil a large glass pan, or two small ones.

Rinse the pumpkin and pat dry. Use a heavy, sharp knife to split the pumpkin lengthwise. Cut into quarters, then scrape out the seeds and strings. (Rinse the seeds and roast them later, if you like.)

Cut the quarters into eighths and then cut the eighths again crosswise, if desired. Set aside.

Combine the other ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add the pumpkin wedges and toss lightly to coat them with the mixture. Remove them to the baking dish and pour any remaining mixture over them.

Bake about 1/2 hour, turning at least once halfway through. (You can add a few tablespoons of water during this time if the jelly looks like it might burn.) Pumpkin is done when a wedge falls easily off a fork's tines and/or peels easily away from its rind.

Serves 2-4. A great side dish with your favorite poultry or to contrast with the pungency of your favorite stewed greens.

[ September 03, 2010, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.