Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill this Thread V: the 24 hour version! (Page 39)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Kill this Thread V: the 24 hour version!
Ann Hebistand
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann Hebistand           Edit/Delete Post     
We are stardust
We are golden
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound. Our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color. We live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann Hebistand
Applicant

Speaking of witches, I'm currently researching and writing a fanfic about...a witch. Spooky.
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Spooky was a ghost--he was Casper's cousin. Wendy was a witch.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann Hebistand
Applicant

LOL

True, true.

I'd love it if a compilation of Wendy the Good Little Witch stories would be published.

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Really a lawn is a pretty silly convention. It's a small plot of grass that is supposed to resemble what exactly?

I've never understood the whole garden thing.

Lawns ARE stoopid.

But gardens are faaaaaaabulous! Especially Xeriscapes, because during the summer they don't need water. I want a Xeriscaped front yard soooooo bad!

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I read Harvey Comics when I was a kid. I wonder how they would hold up now. We've discussed this elsewhere, but I particularly wonder how Hot Stuff the Little Devil even managed to get published without someone somewhere raising a big stink about an overtly demonic character.

--------------------

cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
BTW, didja' know that they updated Caspar and Wendy?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

That's rather disturbing, but it might work.

--------------------

cleome46

I think some of those were written by J.M. DeMatteis. I may have to see if there are any trades over at the library.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

My favorite comment regarding Harvey Comics were Lash's immortal words:

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Alls I'm sayin' is, if Jackie Jokers was straight, then I'm a monkey's uncle.

He was the gayest thing since gay came to Gaytown!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't there a commercial that used to use the slogan "Give your kid the devil" or something lie that? I always thought that was a little bizarre.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

That's a new one on me, EDE. I really liked Underwood Deviled Ham as a kid, though. Now just the thought of it makes me go [Shudder] .

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Apparently it was an Underwood commercial, though the only references I seem to be able to find for it on line are people asking if anyone remembers it!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
never liked Underwood meats, even as a kid.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  68  69  70   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.