Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 39)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev, what would you and the others do if you know what I did. Where I am from, how I was raised, what I did would be considered blasphemy and my punishment would be...

(She leans into him and kisses him. They hold for a moment until she sits back up. She get up and walks to the door.)

Stay still for a good half hour, then the salve will be done.

(She exits.)

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev settled back in and waited for the half hour to be over.

"This day is turning out to be nothing like I thought it would...but it's been good so far. So Lardy and her have 'something' going on...sorry about that buddy, I'm not going to give this up without a fight. She is an amazing woman."

He rose and redressed.

Before he left, he glanced around at the room. "She does like a variety of stuff."

He put hi jacket and shoulder guards back on, "still need to talk to her about everything that happened with my powers...and my kids. Everything kind of happened too fast before. Next time for sure."

He headed out of her room and down to the exit. "No rest for me yet. I need to find Cobalt Kid and have a talk with him too."

[ March 24, 2011, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Question Kid was dressed in black civilian clothes (think Johnny Cash) as he looked at the reconstruction going on. He had a strong feeling he was going to get shot or fired. Maybe both.

"El Dorado the magnificent the golden..." He hummed as he looked over the work. Question Lad then thought about security systems. This world is insane. Red Arrow and I spent days looking for the best security systems known to man and a stupid super-villain ruins all of it!These things should not happen! He took out the Omni-Crom (sp?) and started looking for future things for the office to purchase. He saw a message that said, Access Denied: Low Rank

Question Lad sighed, "Well it was fun while I lasted."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Rickshaw1 passed through with a wombat under one arm, a lampshade on his head, and two trumpeteers playing "Jolie Blon's Bounce" while eating a piece of mango. He didn't say anything, he just stopped, looked, shook his head and passed on by.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev flies in and lands next to Question Lad.

"Don't be too sure that it's over for you Q," he says with a smile.

"Things, they're going to be changing around here, and I think you have a lot of potential. You have a little to learn about teamwork, but have a lot of good ideas that I need to hear. You'll be upgraded in rank soon, but on a probationary basis. Can you live with that for now?"

[ March 24, 2011, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"Thank you, sir!" Question Lad was very happy. "Where I'm from regimes usually don't go in and out without violence. It's nice to see it's different on Legion World."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

"I'm glad too. Although I wasn't too sure yesterday."

He grabs his Omnicom and hits some buttons.

"There, you'll be able to place things on my agenda to review. Give it a little time, and you'll probably be ordering this stuff."

Dev smiles. "I got to go find Lardy again. I need to tell him something."

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Posted on Security Office premises:

By order of Legion World Government's Oversight Committee, Security Chief Anthony Taylor is hereby placed on indefinite disciplinary suspension until such time as his conduct can be thoroughly evaluated and further determination made. In the meantime, he will not be allowed on the premises after 24 hours have passed from the time of this notification.

It has been decided that Security Lieutenant Dev Em shall act as Security Chief in the interim and be granted the full powers of the position until such time as either Chief Taylor is reinstated or a permanent successor is named if reinstatement is disallowed.

--Legion World Oversight Committee

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<somberly starts cleaning his office out after seeing the notice appear on his Omnicom>

It's for the best. I...I made my own bed. And now I'm free to pursue my mission with no responsibilities being shirked. <empties his desk>

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev makes his way to the Chiefs office as quickly as he can. he is stopped by numerous staffers either wishing him luck or asking if they still have jobs.

When he finally gets there and closes the door behind him, he looks at Lardy. "I'm sorry, they told me they'd give me some times to get here and tell you myself...then proceeded to shove paperwork in my face to keep me busy."

He looks towards the ground, "look, I know we have our differences, but last night made me realize that we also have way more similarities than I ever would have thought. More than even you know..."

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<smiles softly> Yeah, I'm sure...

Look, Dev, I'll be out of here as quickly as possible.I don't want to confuse things, here, by waiting 'til the last possible moment.

For what it's worth...good luck to you. I really can't think of a better man for the job. And who knows? Maybe, just maybe, I'll finally start learning from my own mistakes, instead of just repeating them over and over ad nauseum.

<offers his hand for a shake>

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev takes his hand. "There's no rush at the moment, and I really don't think that you want to go out there right this minute. It's a bit of a madhouse."

Dev looks Lardy in the face. "Listen to me for a minute. I know that whatever you guys are planning is not going to be easy at all. Just don't do anything stupid okay? I'm not going to say anything other than that about the subject so I don't come across as condescending."

"For what it's worth, I know I was a bit obnoxious last night, and for that I apologize..."

"I know the loss of your power has had a big impact on you...I have all but lost the ability to use my Durlan shape changing abilities. If I do use what little I have left, it'll drive me literally insane. It's stalled the healing process drastically, and I may never get 100% full range of motion back in my shoulders."

Dev stops himself short from telling him about how Tempest helped him last night...no need to go there and let him know that I know that there is something between them.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Don't give last night a second thought, Dev. It's water under the bridge. But you're wrong, I do need to get out of here as soon as possible.

The mission is what it is. It's incredibly dangerous. It's possible that not a one of us will be coming back. But it's a battle worth fighting. So if it's the death of me, so be it. But I'll fight smart--I promise you that.

I hope you'll give the crew I put together a chance to prove themselves to you, Dev. I know I took chances with many who I chose, but I saw something in each and every one of them that made me think they had potential.

I mean, look at Roy and what a fine Officer he turned out to be! No one would give him a chance, but I did. I'd say he proved himself...made me proud. But I lost one of the finest friends I ever made in the process. <rubs eyes> Always remember, Dev...you're gonna lose some fine Officers in this line of work. It's definitely the heaviest burden a Chief has to bear sitting in that chair.

Take care, Dev. I know you'll make such a good Chief that the Oversight Committee would be fools not to keep you on when they inevitably decide to give me the axe. I know you'll persevere and do this Office proud! <pats him on the shoulder and heads out after putting a last few things in the box>

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev watches him leave.

Okay. You got what you wanted...right?

Dev walks around the desk and sits in the chair.

"Well, time to start going through these..."

He hits a few buttons on the Omnicom and pulls up a file list. He scrolls through them until he hits the one labelled 'Personel'. He sorts by rank, highest to lowest, and starts going through them...

[ March 24, 2011, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

Dev - Em
KIA

Hours later, Dev is sitting with his right elbow on the desk, his head propped up in his right hand and his left hand flipping through the pages even faster thna he can read.

He finally looks up and looks outside using his x-ray vision.

"Grife, it's night already?" he says to nobody.

He had sent out about 60 different messages to various Office of Security members. Assigning open cases, getting some support staff to start preparing meetings with the higher level operatives and officers.

He hit send on the last one, and put his Omnicom into standbye mode. It would alert him in case of emergencies, but not much else.

He leaned back in the chair and put his feet up on the deak. "Should go home, but...nah, not yet."

He stood up and grabbed his coat. Going to need a new outfit for this job...

He walked up some stairs and exited out onto the roof. The air was chilly, but that never bothered him. Even inthose times that he felt the cold, he has always liked it back home on Daxam.

He walked over to the edge and sat down. nice night...maybe a fly around would do me some good.

He ended up sitting there scanning the city for what seemed like hours.

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.