Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The All "Let's Pester Outdoor Miner with Inane Questions" thread! (Page 39)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 62 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  60  61  62   
Author Topic: The All "Let's Pester Outdoor Miner with Inane Questions" thread!
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent:
Miner, is it true that Lord of the Flies was based upon your childhood experiences?

No, that was just an ugly rumor.

Thomas Pynchon clearly read my diary, though.

Why you never sued William S. Burroughs for his wholesale pillaging of your high school days for Naked Lunch, I will never understand.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Miner, do you have a comprehensive list of all the things besides chicken that are rumored to "taste like chicken"? Of those, how many have you sampled? Of those you've sampled, how many of them can you vouch for, in terms of chicken-y goodness?

Yes.

All of them.

I do not "vouch for", I "endorse". If the check clears, I'd be happy to tell you how much like chicken Potted Meat Food Product tastes.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by dedman:
OM, I am an engineer.

Do you think the inablity to count may hinder me in my career?

Not at all.

The main thing an engineer needs to understand is physics. Since nobody really understands physics, including the people who teach it, guys in your position can get away with murder. And often do.

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Ram Boy:
Outdoor Miner, can I call you Outie?

Of course not, don't be ridiculous.

However, you do have my permission to refer to anyone who asks me an inane question as "Huggy Bear" or "The Accursed".

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
OM, what's new for dessert?

Unfortunately, due to recent developments, dessert is off the table for the Miner.

But chocolate never goes out of style. Ever.

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Outdoor Miner,

If we define "outdoors" as being outside artificial structures (e.g., houses), then what kind of mining would be done indoors?

The mining of threads like this one for cheap laughs, for one.

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't like to keep pestering you, but must know: Why was 40 chosen for the Top 40? Why not 30 or 50?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
So, mellotron app for iphone, coolest thing ever or sign of the coming apocalypse?

There's no reason it can't be both. The 'Tron is just that cool, be it used for good or evil.

This is actually the first thing I've heard that might get me to buy one of these things.

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Ram Boy:
Outdoor Miner, if a bunch of singing birds and mice appeared and started hassling you about getting ready for a ball, what would be the best way to handle the situation?

Either chlorine gas or Sarin should handle things nicely.

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
OM, Are we overloading you with questions?

Any number of questions greater than 0 is overloading in this case.

--------------------

Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Mr. Miner, would it be presumptuous of me to congratulate you on FINALLY almost catching up with your duties to the inane questionaires of Legion World?
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Miner,

Is taking a throat lozenge before singing the choral equivalent of doping?

Not any more.

They took all the good stuff off the shelves years ago.

I miss Romilar.

--------------------

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Miner,

Can I shoot the protesters? Because of them Starbucks was closed and I didn't have my Saturday Morning Pike Place Blend.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Mattropolis:
Outdoor Minor,

Is it easy being green?

No.

One has to work long and hard to avoid anything that would give you experience.

quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
OM,

Do you think Matt thinks you're under the age of 18? [Smile]

True story: When Mojo magazine used one of my music recommendations for a column, they made the exact same spelling mistake. And you would think they would have gotten the reference. So I can give Matt a break on this one.

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Miner,

Do "McCafe" coffees[sic] and similar abominations finally disprove, once and for all, the existence of God?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 62 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  60  61  62   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.