Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 38)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev got into the hall and leaned against the wall.

"Grife. That went totally different than I thought it was going to."

He started moving down the hall. "Time to find Tempest, and see if she even wants to talk to me after what happened."

[ March 23, 2011, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(A beam of light emerges from Tempest's chambers. She walks out of her room.)

DAMN GYPSY!!!

(She brushed soot out of her hair.)

Last time I go to Peek-N-Save.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev rounds a corner and almost runs into Tempest.

"Sorry..." looks at her and sees the soot, "is everything alright?"

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Stunned at seeing Dev.)

I'm fine. Things are strange here, at best. Just trying to make sense of things.

How are you?

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

"I'm doing okay...I think. Look, I really wanted to apologize if I was a bit presumptuous at the end there when you helped me out on the Astral plane, I shouldn't have presumed that doing what I did was okay with you, but I don't regret doing it," a small grin crept into the corners of his mouth.

"Thank you for the save, and the kiss."

Tempest
Enchantress

(She stares at the ground.)

I would prefer that we kept that between us. It could make things even more complicated.

I don't feel you need to apologize. You did what you felt was appropriate for you, and I could have stopped you. And I would be glad to help you, I know you would help me.

Who would have thought? We were teammates, then enemies, then friends and now...

(Her eyes drift to him and she turns around.)

I hope you were able to make sense of things on your trip.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

"What things is it going to complicate?" he asks as he reaches for her arm.

He stops himself short as a sharp pain shoots through his arm, and just moves in front of her again, "...what exactly are we now?"

Tempest
Enchantress

(She looks him in the eyes, she finds them to be a brilliant shade of brown.)

Lardy...he and...he's got something going on, and we should probably focus on the recovery of Legion World.

I'm not a member of LMB, but I certainly am not going to become one by sitting around doing nothing. Have to help and all.

We're friends, Dev. Hopefully, we will become really, good friends. Right?

(She looks at him nervously.)

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev looks down, "Lardy and...yeah, he has a lot going on...I'm probably going to be really busy soon, so friends is probably for the best..."

He looks back at her and looks into her eyes, "let me know if you change your mind though, okay?" he says and kisses her long and meaningfully.

He pulls away, turns and leaves. As he goes further away, he removes his jacket and shoulder protectors due to the irritation that wearing them too long causes. Under the tank top he is wearing, Tempest can see the bruises and scars that cover his upper arms, shoulders and back. The damage that the Red Bee had done to him was taking a long time to heal...and he absently rubs at his left shoulder.

Tempest
Enchantress

DEV!!!

(She runs to him, seeing his bruises.)

Oh, Dev. I'm not the best healer, but I can help, please, let me try.

(She heads towards her room.)

Coming?

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

"Sure, but nothing anyone has done has helped so far. There was a healer in the Palace where my children are living that tried and nothing changed, but I'm willing to try anything at this point."

He turns and follows her into her room.

Tempest
Enchantress

(As Dev walks in the room, the door shuts, the room is not glamorous, it's rather cluttered with a bunch of her oddest of odds and ends.)

Remove you clothes and lie on the bed.

(She pulls out a large wooden bowl and start throwing things in it.)

If science and magic cannot cure you, then you are to heal at the pace Fate has determined. I know of a select few who may be able to heal you. But the journey and consequences to allow you two to meet would be dire. Probably best they stay out it.

Like I said, I'm not the best healer. But this should help.

(She smashes and grinds her ingredients together and pulls out some cloth strips.)

Luckily this salve doesn't take long to make if you have all the ingredients.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

He raises an eyebrow at her directions, but does as she asks.

"I appreciate the help again. I have a feeling that some of the problem may be my own fault...not really letting myself heal. Almost like...I'm punishing myself for everything that has happened. Is that even possible?"

Tempest
Enchantress

(She walks over to him on the bed and sits next to him, she dips the cloths in the salve and begins to place them on his wounds.)

It's going to be cold to the touch, but the effects of the salve should last for sometime. It won't heal anything, but it will lessen the discomfort your in.

I think people are damaged. We crack ourselves time and time again. Sometimes I think it's against our nature to let ourselves become whole again.

Dev, I'm not completely ready to be with someone. My life can be...emotionally manic. I need to figure out how I fit in here. I like you too much to just use you. Right now, I can't commit to anyone, in that way...

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

"I can accept that for now I guess," he said as he turned his head to look at her.

"I am going to be really busy soon, I wasn't lying about that...or trying to make excuses. If what he was going to do pans out, I'm going to be the new Chief here shortly. I have a huge mess to clean up, and I could use some help."

He smiled at her. "I don't want to use you either, but I don't know that we'll ever be 'ready' to commit. People like us are prone to go from one disaster to another...keeping ourselves at arms length from the very thing, or person, that could make us happy."

He breathed in deep as the effects of the bandages started to take effect.

"I won't push you towards a relationship, if you really don't want one, but know that I am not going to sit back and not test the resistance level now and then."

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.