Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Next Gathering (Page 38)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41   
Author Topic: The Next Gathering
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Stu has talked about Disney World. We could rent a block of rooms in one of the cheaper hotels.

Maybe plan it for a week, and then people could come for however long they can stay.

Interesting. I have a time-share down there... [Hmmm?]
"that's what she said!"

I'm interested...since it would give me time to save.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I loves Disney! Sounds like a good meeting place to me... of course, there's a lot to do in NYC too...

[ March 19, 2011, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: SharkLad ]

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah don't trust disney. He lost to Aahz.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well we would need time to save up. Have to say from the UK, we can get to New York, Florida, or Toronto pretty easily and cheaply so would prefer that option.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I wants to go to DisneyWorld.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
so people don't have to go back to last page to catch up:

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
So I was knocking back pints with Faraway Lad and Gigglebot Girl tonight, talking about all the great meet-ups we've had over the years--particularly San Diego 2008, which I had to leave early for--and I'm suddenly feeling quite determined that we should do another major LMB / Legion World meet-up.

Legion World's 10 year anniversary is 2013. It may seem far away but it really isn't. Perhaps we should all start considering a great meet-up for that the 10 year anniversary? I'm talking about ALL OF US. Everyone we can round up.

If the British contingent are going to be a major part of this, the middle of the whole thing may be on the East Coast USA. Something to think about.

I'm serious about trying to get everyone together because I've been reminded about how much fun it is. I'm already volunteering to drive to Memphis and pick up Lash. In an awesome-ass car, BTW. Then we're going to invade EDE's world--I'm not kidding either, Ester. We'll find you and we'll kidnap you.

Let's make this event, the 10 Year Anniversary of Legion World, what it really deserves.

We've talked about Disney in the past, and there are apparently off-season deals to be had (that will also ease the airfare budgets for many of us, too). Anyone with experience should chime in, so we can discuss the best time of year to aim for.

Personally, I'm likely to be on a somewhat academic schedule for a while, but if I could find a nice conference around the same time I could more easily justify a jaunt. And even if not, I might still be able to squeeze in a long weekend, depending on my teaching schedule at that time.

In any case, I am definitely in favor of a non-con celebratory gathering. Nothing against cons, but there is more to life, and many of us have known each other (whether or not we've technically met face-to-face) so long that we don't really need a con as an excuse to gather.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Poked around a couple sites, and they seemed to agree. The least-crowded times for Disney:

The second week of January to the first week of February (except Martin Luther King holiday weekend)
Third week of August to the start of October
The month of November (except for Thanksgiving weekend)
The week after Thanksgiving up to week of Christmas

When I went several years ago, I did the week after Thanksgiving after being told it was the second least-busy week. The weather was perfect (upper 60s/low 70s). Lines were minimal at most rides. I think the most we waited was half an hour at the Tower of Terror.

I definitely would NOT want to do Florida in that August-September range.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
while school schedules may favor late August (or even early Sept), I agree that is the least desirable time.

post-Thanksgiving/pre-Xmas might well be too difficult for many: those working in retail, family obligations and school finals, for instance.

Jan/Feb seems to me the most preferable: who from any northern clime would not want to escape that time of year?

November would be a good 2nd choice.

Of course, if 2013 is THE year, the difference between the two, in terms of overall planning, is whether we're looking at 1.75 years out, or 2.5ish. Both are far away now, of course, but those crossing oceans or facing other planning obstacles should give us an idea as to how much planning time they need.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I will be attending MoCCAfest'11 this weekend in NYC, as will L.E.G.I.O.N.John.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
hey Rhino, i was down stairs volunteering with the panels, doing it again tomorrow.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll be going to the Comic Geek Speak Super Show in Reading, PA on April 30. It's a nice, small show that I like for back issue hunting. I don't know if there are any other active LWers in PA other than myself, but if there are, you guys should check it out. I know that the guys that do the "Legion of Substitute Podcasters" go to this one, as well.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I finally met l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi all!

I'll be at Hastings in Richmond IN for FCBD, the Calgary Entertainment Expo in Calgary AB Jun17-19, Derby City Comic Con in Louisville KY July 16, and Wizard World Chicago Aug. 11-14.

Please come by and say hi if you're in the area!

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
"Big Apple Comic Con - Spring Edition" is happening in a few weeks in NYC... the "Fall Edition" was pretty lame, IMHO, so I'm not sure about this one...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

I'm on the fence about the Big Apple con myself.
I'll go if Jim Sherman is there.

This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.