Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space! (Page 37)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39   
Author Topic: Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space!
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I tried the table (and ate me some really good caramel sunday, mm)-- it's time for more conventional means. Quis, I need help! Lawyer-y help! Are you in..?

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
What seems to be the problem, Ms. Caliente?

Oh and can my receptinist, Phillipe, get you an iced tea or something? Maybe a glass of Aunt Ida's Special Lemonade?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
*sniff* Lemonade would be won-won-wonderful. *starts to cry* Oh, Quis, it's terrible! He says I have to divorce Actor Lad and marry him or I'll never get my sister back! I mean, she's not really my sister but she might as well be!

Can you help me? I just don't know what to do... or how to legally do it.

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, we could file a writ of Habaes Corpus and demand that this person present Frio (you are talking about Frio, right) to us. However, if Frio is not being held against her will, we can't make her come if she doesn't want to.

Go a little easy on Aunt Ida's. It can sneak up on you.

Another means would be to fake a divorce with Actor Lad. A marriage made under duress can be voided. I know a Protean who would "stand in" for you at this wedding. Who is it that you would be marrying?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

I don't think Frio's being held against her will. She hasn't been quite the same since she reappeared in the Tesseracts, you know? But she had no one but me for such a long time... I can't just let her go.

*sniff*

Lonestar Ranger says he can help get her back the way she was. A member of the LMBP, instead of that terrible LVMBP. But the only way he'll help me is if I divorce Actor Lad and marry him instead. And I don't know what else to do! Nothing I've tried has worked.

I mean, if I have the opportunity to get her back, I have to take it. I have to. And if it gets her away from that Gary Grape guy, the more the better.

What do you think I should do? Fake the divorce and then void the marriage under duress once my sister's back? I just... I don't want to renig on an agreement, even if the terms are rather undesirable.

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Well what proof has Lonestar Ranger offered that he can do as he claimed? Has he said how he would be able to perform this task?

And this is not the type of duress that a court would recognize. In this case, I don't think you should fake a divorce. You probably would not be able to void a marriage to Lonestar Ranger under these circumstances. That does not mean that you could not divorce him at a later time.

Only you can make this decision. How would Actor Lad feel if you divorced him?

--------------------

Caliente

He, um, hasn't offered proof, exactly... it's more his word as a go-between. But he claims he can bring her back to the LMB and I'm running out of options for just how to reach Frio.

So, no durress, no fake divorce, no voided marriage? *sigh* Bummer. I was really hoping there'd be some kind of legal loophole. Two divorces seems an awful high number for someone my age.

I think Actor Lad would feel as I do if I divorced him now-- broken-hearted and unhappy. But is it fair to trade one family member for another? Because it feels like I have to pick between my sister and my husband and...

I just feel like Frio needs my help more now. If I abandon her, who will be left to look out for her? The LVMBP? Not exactly the most trustworthy folk.

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
Two divorces seems an awful high number for someone my age.

You are much cuter than Jennifer Lopez and Britney Spears.

quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
I just feel like Frio needs my help more now. If I abandon her, who will be left to look out for her? The LVMBP? Not exactly the most trustworthy folk.

Well Frio is an adult, like you are, and must make her own choices. As much as it pains you, you have to give her that freedom. And you can never abandon her if you leave a door open for her to come back into your life.

--------------------

Caliente

Sage advice, Quis. I'm just so worried. She hasn't been herself, you know? Where's the fun? Where's the party? I can't let her go until I know she's going to be all right... and how can I know that when she's so different?

Well, anyway, thank you for all the help! [Hug] You're still my favorite lawyer, of course. Now I guess I just have to figure out what to do. Bleh. Be seein' ya!

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Wow! It has been almost a year since anybody's been to the Law Offices of Space.

--------------------

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Guess nobody's been in trouble. [Good]

Have you offered Cobie help with a pre-nup? [Hmmm?]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I think Lady Cobalt is the one who wants a good pre-nup.

--------------------

Pov

Are you saying she has the bigger assets? [Embarrassed]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Our Cobie is no fool.

--------------------

Pov

[Love] [Stiletta] [Love]

--------------------

This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.