Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 36)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"Thank you sir. Pleasure doing business with you. Who else owns businesses here?" Sebastian says. He didn't think a handshake would be appropriate at this moment, considering that Chief Lardy did not understand the power of money. Money is Freedom, money allows the individual to have power that the government cannot take away from you. I don't hate taxes, but the rent is too high here!

Emily was grateful for the mercy. She was doing her best to restrain herself from dropping to the floor and thanking him. The thought of "crimes" was a bit silly though to her, since technically everyone but her and Sir Roy committed treason during the civil war. But she believed in just God and that forgiveness was possible for everyone.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<touches Emily's chin> Keep this held up high, Emily. And...<takes her aside> ...I'm leaving on a special, dangerous mission very soon. I know you're good in a scrape, so if you want to know more...see me and Cobalt very soon.

<regards them and thinks> It's almost like looking at my own children, Hugh Desmonius and Helena. I...I've got to visit them and Helen soon. It may be my last chance...

Bye, kids. <exits>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"Well, I don't understand what exactly happened, but we should go talk to Exxnihil," Sebastian said.

Emily paused, lost in her own thoughts. I was understimated throughout the entire Red Bee saga, and now they want me along? I really don't understand either. She said, "**** it! I forgot to give him his birthday present! Oh well, I guess I will do that after our business deals are done. Let's go to Exxnihil."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<pauses at Tempest's door & knocks but no one answers> Well, Dev, never let it be said that I play dirty...

<slips Dev's unopened letter to Tempest into her mail receptacle>

<when she reads it later, it will say: Click Here For A SpoilerTempest,

I'm sorry I had to leave before getting a chance to talk to you after all that has happened. I can't thank you enough for what you've done for me, and I hope to repay you somehow soon. I will find you when I get back.

Dev
>

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<as he leaves, he checks Omnicom and cancels all remaining appointments>

No sense keeping any more of these...

Now, maybe I can get to the Rookery and talk to Rocky uninterrupted.

<exits building>

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Tempest walks in, her hair is frizzled and she stinks of sulfur. Her little black dressed is scorched and she has a round, shiny scale in her hand.)

This damn thing better have been worth it.

(She walks into her room and throws the scale on a table.)

I'll deal with that later. It should be potent enough to fix Cobalt Kid.

(She spots a letter by the door, she picks it up, opens and reads it.)

Dev, what are you getting yourself into? What am I getting myself into? Here I am all confused as to what to do, getting ingredients to put the ultimate whammy on Cobalt Kid, a man I once...

(She stops herself.)

How stupid of me. I have with a school girl crush on one, a semi-metaphysical relationship with another and...Lardy.

I see myself, someone lost within his own passion. What is he doing with that woman and Cobalt Kid? Something isn't right? I don't trust the ho-chick.

(She looks at the letter and grabs the scale.)

While Dev is away, I suppose I should play. I'll keep an eye on Lardy. Someone has to make sure he's safe.

(She freshens up and leaves her room, heads to Lardy's office.)

[ March 17, 2011, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Tempest ]

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<returns after talking with Rocky>

That was...intense.

<takes his boots off and props his feet on his desk, leaning back in his chair with his arms behind his head>

Need a nap after such a long day...

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Walks into his office, her heels slamming on the ground as she walks, the door shut by themselves behind her.)

Time for a chat, whether you want it or not.

(She raises her hand to him before he can say anything.)

You don't know me. Don't even think for a minute that you know what I am like. But for some strange reason, I find myself around you, becoming your friend and helping you out, getting stuck in a coma helping Cobalt and you fight that creep.
So I think it's safe to say, that in my short time here I have become invested in you. I take care of my investments.

What the hell is going on? That Hot Chick...she's not what she seems, the others may not see it, but I do. What are you getting yourself into?

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<is embarrassed somehow that she walks in on him like this, so he takes his feet off the desk and sits up>

Um, hi, Tempest. Hot Chick... <considers his words> ...yeah, you're right. She's not who she appears to be. She's bad news. But she's useful bad news who can give us much-needed intel on the creeps who set the Red Bee on us.

So, uh... <smiles a little> ...you're "invested" in me, eh?

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

(Walks behind his desk and sits on the edge staring at him.)

Invested!

Like I said, I take care of my investments. She is bad for you, isn't she?

I don't mean this world or this team or this office...I mean you? She's hurt you somehow?

(She puts her hand on face.)

I can see pain with the mention of her in you.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

It's...complicated. Honestly, most of the pain I have regarding her...is self-inflicted. I made some poor decisions after I lost someone. I basically slept with the enemy in my pursuit of grand revenge. I'm...not proud of what I did with her and for her. Not proud at all.

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Then you can't be around her. At least not without me. I'm going to be there for you and make sure that tramp doesn't do anything to harm you.

I mean, seriously, a bikini in the winter!? Trollop.

I plan on make sure your kept in good condition, at least until I receive a return on my investment. So whatever Cobalt, the woman and you have planning, expect me there to back you up.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<smiles> I would like that...a lot!

Um...do you have another name I can call you? Or is Tempest your actual name?

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

(She get's up off the desk. She recalls the last time she used her real name on Legion World.)

Tempest isn't my actual name. But it's all you get.

(She turns to him and grins.)

Keep me posted, let me know when you need me to ready.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Can you make up something, then? "Tempest" just seems so formal, and "Tempy" just underwhelms.

<grins> I'll let ya call me "Tony"!

--------------------

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.