Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 36)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of names, did you know that Kiefer Sutherland's full name is Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland?

When I was just curious to see if my name had been dot-commed, I discovered a real estate broker and a school of cosmetology.

My next door neighbor married someone with my same name. It didn't last long. He was a wannabe rock musician with bad credit. I know this because my bank ran a credit report on me, and came up with stuff I never bought. Turns out the first 5 digits of out social security number are the same, and our street numbers are both "213."
Now, I check all 3 credit reports every year.

Not that I use it but my kids can recite these lyrics:

They say a man should always dress for the job he wants
So why am I dressed up like a pirate in this restaurant
It's all because some hacker stole my identity
Now I'm in here every evening serving chowder and ice tea
Should'a gone to free credit report dot com [yee haw]
I could'a seen this comin' at me like an atom bomb
They monitor your credit and send you e-mail alerts
So you don't end up selling fish to tourists in t-shirts

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Nosferatu

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Non sequitir.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Not quite.

Nosferatu is the name of the famous silent movie about vampires.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, then . . . George W. Bush.

It is a name, after all.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
My real name is George W. Bush.

Oh, wait. Different thread.

BTW, there's something wrong with me. Every time I see HWW, I misread his subheading as "...COMETSTAR."

Sounds like next years hot kid anime series. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of Ol' George...

So I analyzed that and decided I didn't want to be the president during a depression greater than the Great Depression, or the beginning of a depression greater than the Great Depression." --George W. Bush, Washington D.C., Dec. 18, 2008

"People say, well, do you ever hear any other voices other than, like, a few people? Of course I do." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2008

"I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2008

"You know, I'm the President during this period of time, but I think when the history of this period is written, people will realize a lot of the decisions that were made on Wall Street took place over a decade or so, before I arrived in President, during I arrived in President." --George W. Bush, ABC News interview, Dec. 1, 2008

"I've been in the Bible every day since I've been the president." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 12, 2008

"He was a great father before politics, a great father during politics and a great father after politics." --George W. Bush, on his father, George H.W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 12, 2008

"Yesterday, you made note of my -- the lack of my talent when it came to dancing. But nevertheless, I want you to know I danced with joy. And no question Liberia has gone through very difficult times." --George W. Bush, speaking with the president of Liberia, Washington, D.C., Oct. 22, 2008

"I want to share with you an interesting program -- for two reasons, one, it's interesting, and two, my wife thought of it -- or has actually been involved with it; she didn't think of it. But she thought of it for this speech." --George W. Bush, discussing a company that improves access to clean water in Africa, Washington D.C., Oct. 21, 2008

"This thaw -- took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." --George W. Bush, on liquidity in the markets, Alexandria, La., Oct. 20, 2008

"I didn't grow up in the ocean -- as a matter of fact -- near the ocean -- I grew up in the desert. Therefore, it was a pleasant contrast to see the ocean. And I particularly like it when I'm fishing." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2008

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Every time I see HWW, I misread his subheading as "...COMETSTAR."

Hm. Everytime I see yours, I think of Cyndi Lauper's hit, "She Bop."

I think we both need to get out more. [Wink]

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Just because I'm in a snarky mood and feel like kicking a dead horse . . .

quote:
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
Speaking of Ol' George...

So I analyzed that and decided I didn't want to be the president during a depression greater than the Great Depression, or the beginning of a depression greater than the Great Depression." --George W. Bush, Washington D.C., Dec. 18, 2008

It's nice that he knows when it's time to leave.

quote:
"People say, well, do you ever hear any other voices other than, like, a few people? Of course I do." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2008[/QB]
Those voices are his brain cells shouting, "Feed me!"

quote:
"I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2008
Nixonian translation: "If the president does it, it's not illegal."

quote:
"You know, I'm the President during this period of time, but I think when the history of this period is written, people will realize a lot of the decisions that were made on Wall Street took place over a decade or so, before I arrived in President, during I arrived in President." --George W. Bush, ABC News interview, Dec. 1, 2008
You learn something new every day. I didn't know that President was a place.

quote:
"I've been in the Bible every day since I've been the president." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 12, 2008
That's carrying revisionism a little too far, don't you think?

Actually, I can see the Gospel according to George: "Do unto others, then declare 'Mission Accomplished!'"

quote:
"He was a great father before politics, a great father during politics and a great father after politics." --George W. Bush, on his father, George H.W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 12, 2008
When did politics end? Nobody told me, or the Democrats, apparently.

quote:
[/qb]"Yesterday, you made note of my -- the lack of my talent when it came to dancing. But nevertheless, I want you to know I danced with joy. And no question Liberia has gone through very difficult times." --George W. Bush, speaking with the president of Liberia, Washington, D.C., Oct. 22, 2008[/QB]
I'm confused. Did Liberia go through difficult times because George danced with joy, or did he dance with joy because Liberia went through difficult times?

quote:
"I want to share with you an interesting program -- for two reasons, one, it's interesting, and two, my wife thought of it -- or has actually been involved with it; she didn't think of it. But she thought of it for this speech." --George W. Bush, discussing a company that improves access to clean water in Africa, Washington D.C., Oct. 21, 2008
It's interesting because it's interesting?

I can just imagine George and Laura sitting around the breakfast table:

"George, I think you should talk about this program during your speach."

"Yes, dear."

"George? You haven't heard a word I said."

"I've listened to every word, dear. Now, what program did you say?"

quote:
"This thaw -- took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." --George W. Bush, on liquidity in the markets, Alexandria, La., Oct. 20, 2008
And I guess the polar icecaps are going to take awhile to unmelt.

quote:
"I didn't grow up in the ocean -- as a matter of fact -- near the ocean -- I grew up in the desert. Therefore, it was a pleasant contrast to see the ocean. And I particularly like it when I'm fishing." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2008
Here we have it: George's official denial that he is Aquaman.

quote:
"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008
Good. That means the "enemy combatants" at Guantanamo Bay will have some company.

[ January 19, 2009, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------

cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Every time I see HWW, I misread his subheading as "...COMETSTAR."

Hm. Everytime I see yours, I think of Cyndi Lauper's hit, "She Bop."

I think we both need to get out more. [Wink]

Hey, now. Nothing wrong with a little 1980's, errr... fluff now and then.

[Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

[slight pause while I knock my skull against the keyboard a few times]

"Oke-She-Moke-She-Pop" is a song by Big Joe Turner, whom I absolutely adore.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

It's inauguration day. Good-bye Dubya! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What? Oh, is that today? [Wink]

I've had a countdown to this day on my Facebook page for over a year.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
We had a big gathering on campus to watch it. Not only local TV, but Montreal TV came down as well. They were interviewing some of the French-speaking profs for reaction as I was leaving.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

None of these guys ever go away for good, you know. How much did good old Dick make on the book 'n lecture circuit again ?

[shrug]

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Chief Justice Roberts appeared to have been taking speaking lessons from W.

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.