Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space! (Page 36)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39   
Author Topic: Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space!
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! Mr Quizzy-Poo, you know that the fuzzball is a person!

And I'm in the security department, but like Mr Cobalt and Gramps have decided that I'm not allowed to go to that weird club where Ol' Stoopid is...

So I want to like sue for my independence from Gramps.

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Quis, in the current Legion comic Tenzil is a Special Prosecutor. At what age could someone become a Special Prosecutor today? Right out of law school?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Everyday Girl:
Ohmygod! Mr Quizzy-Poo, you know that the fuzzball is a person!

And I'm in the security department, but like Mr Cobalt and Gramps have decided that I'm not allowed to go to that weird club where Ol' Stoopid is...

So I want to like sue for my independence from Gramps.

Everyday Girl, Does your Grandfather have legal custody of you or do your parents still retain legal custody? The answer to that question would determine who you would have to sue for emancipation.

Then you would have to provide a detail explanation of why you should be emancipated.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Quis, in the current Legion comic Tenzil is a Special Prosecutor. At what age could someone become a Special Prosecutor today? Right out of law school?

FC,

As far as I know there is no age requirements for being a special prosecutor (or for law school attendance). And I would say that a person would have to also pass a bar exam and not just graduate from law school(where you earn a JD - Justis Doctorate, not Juvenile Delinquent) before being able to be a special prosecutor. Beyond that a person would most likely need some on the job legal experience and/or political connections in order to be appointed a special prosecutor.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Quis, why is it illegal for Green Lanterns to be on Earth on Mondays?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Quis, why is it illegal for Green Lanterns to be on Earth on Mondays?

Could you link me to the statute?

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
...sorry; it's a 5YL reference. I forgot your unnatural aversion to 5YL.

basically, Tenzil is representing Brek in court; he asks for a postponement. The judge says his schedule is too busy; he has to do XYZ on Thursday and Friday, and rule whether GLs woul remain barred from Earth on Monday. Tenzil replies, "strange that thy would only be barred from Earth on Mondays."

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I got the 5YL reference (although not the Monday part)

It actually came about when Earth first tried to ban Green Lanterns from Earth. The Green Lantern of Sector 2814, at the time, was a practical joker (from a long line of practical jokers) named Justin Thyme. Justin used his ring to constantly hover 2 feet off the ground and he would say in a sing-song voice "I'm not on the Earth! I'm not on the Earth!" Realizing how stupid it was to try to ban Green Lanterns, the Earth government recinded the ban. However Justin continued to hover and say "I'm not on the Earth!" The Earth government appealed to the Guardians for help. They forbade Justin from doing what he had been doing. Justin obeyed the Guardians, but became somewhat depressed.

Later during a Major crisis (it crossed over all comic books, even those not published by DC) Justin defied the whole universe to defend the Earth. A grateful Earth honored Justin by re-banning Green Lanterns from Earth, but because they did not want to hear Justin's taunts all the time, they only banned Green Lanterns from Earth on Mondays.

--------------------

Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
After scanning this light lunchtime reading could you opine whether Superboy might be returning to the DC universe?

I got to "This leaves whether the referees vacated findings are binding through collateral estoppal."

Maybe I'll ask Outdoor Miner, too.

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Oh sure give me a 73 page ruling to read. Can I wait for the Classics Illustrated version?

I didn't read the whole thing nor have I been following the case. It appears that there was a ruling against Time Warner (presumably a summary judgment *) Time Warner then filed a motion to have the court reconsider the earlier ruling. The question that remains is (according to the court) is whether Superboy is a derivative work or not.

* Summary judgment is a motion in which one party states that even if the court accepts everything the other party says as true, the court would have to as a matter of law find for me.

--------------------

Lad Boy

Well, excuuuuse me, but it is marketed as a SUPER law firm of space!
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Super, yes! masochistic, no.

--------------------

Lad Boy

Well if you ever hang out the masochistic shingle,I'll be your first customer.
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Song cue!

I ache for the touch of your lips, dear,
But much more for the touch of your whips, dear!
You can raise welts
Like nobody else
As we dance to the Masochism Tango!

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Ah! Tom Lehrer

This is a song, though, that I wrote when I first came to Cambridge, 20 years ago. And when I first took the subway ride from Cambridge into Boston, I noticed the subway stations on the line had this interesting property.

H is for my alma mater Harvard,
C is Central, next stop on the line,
K is for the cozy Kendall station, and
C is Charles that overlooks the brine...a-
P is Park St...Pahk Street, busy Boston center, and
W is Washington you see...
Put them all together, they spell...
HCCKKCC... PW... (spitting sound)
Which is just about what Boston means to me!

--------------------

This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.