Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 36)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
LanternLad, glad to have you here! I like your taste in music. Oh, and I see you're brave enough to admit to liking the TMK-era LSH. [Smile]

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been on this thing forever and just realized I never signed this... eek!

Name: Kat
Nickname: White Raven

Character name: Lisa Amai, Sklarian in a stolen SP uniform, being VERY naughty!

Where you live: Very mobile, change all the times [Smile]

What you do: make webpages

Legion info:
favorite characters - Mysa, Dawnstar, Violet and Saturn Girl

artists - Moy, Lightle and Ross

stories - great darkness saga, zero hour and emerald violet

eras - clone time!!!

when you started reading - I have legion from back before the great darkness saga, kinda started when amethyst had that pullout waaay back in the comics, really caught on in the more resent, Mysa turns into Amethyst pre-ZeroHour

favorite books - David Eddings and Anne McCaffrey

other favorite comics - X-MEN and ElfQuest

used to be on LegionMUSH waaaaay back when, and I'm crazy as can be... in a good way.

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent:
quote:
Originally posted by HighPriestess Viviane:
She's only 52. My dad's older than her. You know in today's society old is around 62-64. So she's still a babe and just deal.

It's true. I once dated a lady more than 20 years older than me that I -and many other people- assumed was only about five years older.
I had one of the best flings of my life with a girl five years my senior and all my friends found it to be absolutely scandalous! [Smile]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
quote:
Originally posted by Kent:
quote:
Originally posted by HighPriestess Viviane:
She's only 52. My dad's older than her. You know in today's society old is around 62-64. So she's still a babe and just deal.

It's true. I once dated a lady more than 20 years older than me that I -and many other people- assumed was only about five years older.
I had the opposite experience. I dated a guy (well, it was 2 guys, but we'll ignore this detail) 12 years older than me but everyone thought it was more like 20.

Anyway, my point wasn't about whether or not 52 is old, but whether I can wrap my mind around a 52-year-old-looking 18-year-old. Get it?

You should see my friend who smokes, she looks 60 because she's done it since she was in junior high and now she's 25 and she looks double that.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luca
Sensor Kid of the European Legion Outpost

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luca           Edit/Delete Post     
Kat..do you like Anne McCaffrey?
I got some old book of Pern and they are in my fantasy list of books! they are old editions but quite good!

do you know the right cronology? or they are like the Darkover book without a particular order?

--------------------
Ciao by Sensor Kid...from the European Legion Outpost

From: European Legion Outpost | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
The order is in the front of most of the books...

I'd have to dig out the books to get the correct order.

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luca
Sensor Kid of the European Legion Outpost

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luca           Edit/Delete Post     
ok ok! thanks! it doesn't matter!!! ^_^
I'll see them later!
nowaday I have a lot of book to read!!!

--------------------
Ciao by Sensor Kid...from the European Legion Outpost

From: European Legion Outpost | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Oh, and I see you're brave enough to admit to liking the TMK-era LSH. [Smile]

Always good to see another LWer with great taste [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
quote:
Oh, and I see you're brave enough to admit to liking the TMK-era LSH. [Smile]

Always good to see another LWer with great taste [Big Grin]
Hell yeah!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LanternLad
Writer & artist for www.DC2universe.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanternLad   Author's Homepage   Email LanternLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Ferro Lad. Music is second only to my comics.

And yes, I did enjoy the TMK era... I liked the darkness of the stories and you never really knew who was next on the chopping block (be it Blok or the Earth). It helped to inspire my style of writing. No one & nothing is safe... as long as it progresses the story. My friends like my writing, but are afraid of what I would do (to their favorite characters) if I was ever hired by DC.

Fun!

--------------------
Lantern Lad
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night... Long Live the Legion
Check out my other writings at: www.DC2universe.com

From: OA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LanternLad:
And yes, I did enjoy the TMK era... I liked the darkness of the stories and you never really knew who was next on the chopping block (be it Blok or the Earth). It helped to inspire my style of writing. No one & nothing is safe... as long as it progresses the story. My friends like my writing, but are afraid of what I would do (to their favorite characters) if I was ever hired by DC.

Fun!

it would be great if you could post some of your work in the Bits forum LL

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LanternLad
Writer & artist for www.DC2universe.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanternLad   Author's Homepage   Email LanternLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Never did anything of that nature before Harbinger... How would I go about doing it? Just post it? Add a link? If I can just post it I'll do it... If a link is required, all is lost...

--------------------
Lantern Lad
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night... Long Live the Legion
Check out my other writings at: www.DC2universe.com

From: OA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Basilios:
Name: Basilios Papavasiliou

Best name ever!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Never did anything of that nature before Harbinger... How would I go about doing it? Just post it? Add a link? If I can just post it I'll do it... If a link is required, all is lost...

I figure you can cut and paste it into a new thread. It may not fit in one post so you might need a few posts to get it all in.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

quote:

I used to just write it all out in a reply box and post it - that's why the grammar is so awful in my earlier Legion 35C stories [Big Grin]

Now it's written into post sized chunks in a word document then copied and pasted into the relevant thread in Bits forum. New authors/ artists/ colourist/ poets and other scoundrels are always welcome!

Give it a go LL and if you have any problems give me a PM.

Looking forward to reading your work.

Bxx

[ November 26, 2004, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.