Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 35)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<sips his scotch>

When we do go to the Dark Oval, one of our priorities must be to learn more about this deity anyway possible. Because I fear Romaltus and Mala are protected in a way we can't comprehend.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<looks at Des sternly> My priority isn't to "learn" anything, Des. I intend for us to do nothing less than take those bastards down! That sunnuvabitch Romaltus--! He was supposed to be mine and Dru's FRIEND!!! Your uncle or not, I SWEAR when I get my hands on him, I'll--! <face turns red but he holds back and goes silent>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<Cobalt rises and puts his hand on Lardy's shoulder>

I hold no love for that murderer. Being my uncle and a fellow Ggrrggian only makes my ill will towards him even more so.

Removing Romatlus and Mala off the board is absolutely a step that needs to be taken if we're to combat the Dark Oval. But I worry that we'd only be defeating enemies while an even greater evil waited for us to do so and then took us out accordingly.

<considers Romaltus for a moment.>

In the end, a quintessential Ggrrggian. I hope I get a chance to confront him before this all ends.

<back towards Lardy and Kalla>

We'll begin in earnest and preparations should move quickly. But we cannot lose sight of the endgame. If the other Dark Oval powers are taken off the Board and Kalla Hrykos remains, what if this deity is still an active, living sentient, waiting for us to leave the D.O., and then strikes at Kalla when she is left all alone? Or forces her to work with--or for--him?

There will many things to accomplish while we are there. So I'll reiterate, we have to find out what we can about this deity. He could be the key to the true mystery of the Dark Oval. And we can only hope all of our goals are easily achievable in unison.

I haven't seen Lardy show so much emotion about Dru since...well, since before his ressurection. His memories returning must be making the pain very new again. I feel for him.

There will be plenty more questions to ask and things to be discussed. I know I intend to think of more. But we certainly have enough information now to begin...

<Cobalt considers the numerous things Kalla told them about locations, defenses, technology, economy, and all other things that happened in between posts "off-panel" which are not being recorded here.>

Is there anything else to discuss?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
{considers for a moment} Should I volunteer what I know about Rockhopper Lass, Bat-Fem and the rest? No, I think I need to keep a few of my cards onhand...

No, I think I've covered all of it.

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Gods...I shouldn't have lost control like that! I though betrayal couldn't hurt that much after all I've been through. But Romaltus--he was like a father to me and Dru. That irredeemable bastard!

I think that will do it for now. I have a few things to square away. We'll meet again soon and take care of the nuts and bolts.

In the meantime think about who all will be going along with us. I think it goes without saying that this will fall under the black ops/espionage category and should be both voluntary and top secret.

Cobalt, I know you will be in contact with us soon. <leaves>

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You know where to find me,

<Cobalt adds as Lardy leaves; now he turns to Kalla as its just the two of them.>

You're playing a magnificent game, Kalla, I'll give you that. But don't think for a moment that I'm unaware you're indeed playing it. I don't trust you, and more, I don't like you.

You may think you might be able to play us, or even some of us specifically but I warn you--don't do it.

Or what you're left to control in the Dark Oval won't be much.

<Cobalt leaves, calming walking out.>

[ March 17, 2011, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Question Lad arrived back at the office after a visit to Charltonburg. He would have to return soon, and hopefully with a new business associate. The neon lights of Legionopolis felt like the warm rays of sun after all he did that evening. He read and reread Argenti's editorial attacking Legionworld government and the Security Council's approach, especially in regards to business, with him referenced as "the valuable source".

He knocked on Red Arrow's door. She walked out the room wearing a business casual outfit. There was a little star on the collar of her polo shirt, which distracted Sebastian's attention. She said, "Time for our meeting then?"

"Yes. What brand is that shirt?" He asked.

"Strange Fashions, the latest from Alpha Centauri. Now let's go and give our presentations," She said matter-of-factly. "And I booked a formal appointment with the secretary so if we get snubbed, no dice."

"Good," The two walked down the hall to a meeting room. Sebastian saw Chief Lardy and waved.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<waves at Sebastian absently, exits and takes a walk toward the Rookery>

[ March 17, 2011, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Chief Lardy ]

--------------------

Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
{watches Cobie exit} I'll have to arrange an "accident" when I'm done with that one. He's too damned dangerous to be allowed to live when this is over...
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
<waves at Sebastian absently, exits and takes a walk toward the Rookery>

Sebastian says, "No, wait." He loses all composure and runs to stop him from leaving. He holds up his Susannoo 3000 (think smartphone) and says. "You scheduled an appointment with us at this time."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Uh...what? Oh. I really need to get somewhere soon. Will it take long?

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Sebastian thought, Talk about ineffective government. He said, "This is a business meeting. It should take no less than half an hour. Emily and I have serious financial proposals that could bring prosperity to Legionworld."

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<sighs> Oh, joy. Business. I'll give you 15 minutes. No more.

<walks with Sebastian back to his office as Kalla walks out>

<Emily joins them>

Awright, guys. Shoot.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Emily says, "Hit the projector, Sebastion."

She has her slideshow presentation ready. Emily says, "Thank you for coming today. I am Emily Lana Sivana. I have extensive ties to the scientific and industrial communities. As well as what is called the super-human community."

<Slide One shows Ted Knight with Linus Pauling and Robert Oppenheimar, as well as a picture of Dr. Sivana accepting the Noble Peace Prize in Physics>

"My ancestor Ted Knight worked with the U.S government on the Manhattan Project. Here he is pictured with Robert Oppenheimar and Linus Pauling..."

"Oh! So that's the Linus you want to name your son after," Sebastian thought aloud.

"Yes. Someday in the far future. Anyways, my other ancestor Dr. Sivana took a different approach. He reached for the stars and landed on the moon...or Venus to be more procise. Both of them were beyound their time and the companies still are today," She said.

<Slide Two features the graphs of recent stock>

"The introduction of the Susannoo 3000 has caused Sivana Technology stocks to soar. If my calculations are right there will be dividends in the next quarter," She said cheerily.

"In other news, Knight Industries has joined Miraclo Pharmaceuticals in funding more research into radiation treatments. A recent grant will speed up the development of a new product," She said with a pause and nod towards Sebastion.

<Slide 3 has pictures of the Venusian system as well as other worlds related to the Sivanas and Knights. The cutest picture is of a young Emily playing with some Crocodile-Men from the planet Punkus>

"We have financial activities on over 247 worlds. There is a large market base for manufactured products and the hope is Legionworld will begin to benefit from it. The future is now," She said. The slideshow ends.

"I am personally donating to many institutions here on Legionworld. My relatives have gladly donated as well to the people of Legionworld," She said. "I have two contracts here from each side of my family. Investments will bring jobs to Legionworld, jobs they will need because some companies will be pulling out due to the unstability. In return, I ask to not be branded the Hank Pym of the LMB."

She notes his blank expression, "I will not be the useless, crazy scientist. The Lard-Bot incident will not be spoken about anymore. Anyways, I will let Sebastian present now."

Sebastian gets up his Powerpoint. He says, "Isn't that a nice screenshot? I was in Israel a bit ago. That's where some people think Solomon met the Queen of Sheba."

<Slide One Shows Sage Minerals Log>

"I am not here to talk about centuries old companies. I cannot guarantee you the stability Emily can, but what I can offer is just as good. I sold-worked in the stadiums of Cabral during the highest stakes Tournament. I ended up winning a huge sum of money."

<Slide Two shows his mansion & mines on Cabral>

"I used this money to buy a gold mine and a diamond mine. And now I am pleased to announce that Sage Minerals is going public!" He says.

<Slide Three Shows Profits & Stock Predictions>

"These are my profits from the last quarter and predictions for the next quarter. Companies that have invested in Sage Minerals include Ferris Sweeteners, Juz Steel, Fifth Circle Banking, Arle Architecture, and Sousa Telecom," He said.

<Slide Four Shows him pictured in a meeting, Slide Five shows him shaking a politician's hand>

"By setting up my office in the lovely suburb of Charltonburg, I have created ties with the local economy. Sage Minerals will bring jobs and opportunities to the people of Legionworld," He said. He ends the Powerpoint.

"I propose to pay back those who lost property and loved ones to the Red Bee disaster," He said. "We'll set it up as the Celest Sage Foundation. The public will never know the role the Security Council played in all of this. In return, I ask for a severe tax reduction. I also have a seperate offer for Exxnihil. Do you know where I could find him?"

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<smiles a wry grin> You kids are priceless!

Anyhow, I'm of course in favor of anything that helps Legion World recover, especially when some of the damage is our fault. However, I'm Security Chief and have no control over taxation. I'm sure I could put a good word in, though.

<puts his hands on their shoulders> I appreciate the desire to help that you two exhibit. It makes me proud...so long as altruism is your main goal. There's plenty of room for commerce and profitability here on Legion World, but it will never be controlled by corporations the way that Earth is. Keep that in mind.

<looks Emily square in the eyes> Emily, I haven't had a chance to talk to you extensively about what you did by unleashing the Lard-Bots. I think I understand more than anyone that you proabably did what you thought I would do. You're young and idealistic, and I kind of admire your guts. But we all have to learn from our mistakes, and some of us have to pay for them.

<looks at both> I'm pretty certain that my time as Chief is nearing its end. Before it does, I will pardon Emily for any crimes she may be liable for. But I won't be in a position to protect you after that.

So learn from your experiences as much as you can and act bravely and with the wisdom that can only come from having made mistakes. If I can, I'll always be willing to lend you my ear and my support. You two mean a lot to me. <hugs them>

<thinks> I wonder if Emily would accompany us into the Dark Oval. Can't ask her in front of Sebastian. Maybe later...

Ex, you two can find at the Tobacconihilist, most likely. Anything else before I go?

--------------------

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.