Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 35)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Even better than a living duplicate name is when one of your unrelated duplicates drops off the twig and is well-known enough to somebody to get mentioned in a major newspaper's Obituary article.

Then the next day, you're sitting at work at the reception desk trying to earn your wage, and all your college buddies keep calling you to ask what it's like being dead;Oh, and did you leave them anything nice beforehand ?

Yes, this happened. She was a prominent producer of sports shows on the East Coast. I've gotten to be really, really fussy about getting my middle initial onto documents and into signatures over this last decade or so.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't really have to worry about my name being duplicated (although there is one other person with my name who has his own website). However, my name does remind people of a certain age of an old-time radio program.

I don't mind the comparison. When someone asks, I point out that that character was not using his real name; I can't say the same.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
No one well known has my name however one of the supervisors at my old job was named Gary Cooper.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Do you wonder why some people give their kids double names, like John Johns or Stephen Stephens?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
In the book Freakanomics, the author tells the story of a guy who named one son "Winner" and the other son "Loser". Winner ends up in jail, while Loser becomes a police officer and answers to "Lou".

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I know a woman named Minnie Barr.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
When I was in high school, there was apparently a kid at an Albany-area school named Justin Time.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
One of my old school buddies (who's stopping by later today, in fact) has the same name as a famous football coach-sportscaster. Only the spelling is different. My friend is not remotely athletic and weighs about twelve pounds-- with his shoes on.

But he is better adjusted than that poor slob in Office Space who was named Michael Bolton.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I have a cousin and an uncle who share a name with an annoying, low-brow television personality.

Another uncle shared a name with an old-time actor/comedian, but their last names were spelled significantly different (even though pronounced the same).

My dad shared a name with a DC Comics inker of the 1970s.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
People I know with odd names -

Crystal Ball
Candy Caines
Donald McDonald
Humphrey Dunphy

(BTW I LOVE the last name, It makes me giggle)

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
two names that I have come across that I like are:

Heyman Gorelick
Bunny Askew

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Of course, Houston was home to Ima Hogg, daughter of Texas Governor Jim Hogg and noted patron of the arts. She roughly is to Houston what Isabella Stewart Gardner is to Boston, though with a funnier name.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
um...how stupid were her parents....or was it just a very serious no laughing at others era. alas poor ima rose above it.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I'd get my revenge by having "Here lies Jim 'I'm a big fat stupid idiot' Hogg" on the tombstone.

--------------------

cleome46

If I were still trying to write comics, I would absolutely name a character after my full Hebrew name-- because I'm just that damn vain. Also, that way I'd know if my close friends and loved ones were really reading my comics or just throwing them in the recycling bin unopened.

cleome, what kind of egotistical dumbass Mary Sue crap are you pulling here, anyway ?

Sis ! You read it ! I love you !

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.