Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kid Prime's room! (Page 35)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 86 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  84  85  86   
Author Topic: Kid Prime's room!
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I've had a little break to recharge the batteries, and now it's time to write about some more Transformers! Now that I've done the originals, it's time to move on to the wonderful first-year additions, starting with the Decepticon Megatron left in charge of Cybertron in his absence...

28. Shockwave

-

Function: Military Operations Commander

Note: I'm going to stick with Shockwave's cartoon portrayal, even though his comic book personality is far more intriguing. I may go back and write about his comic book personality sometime later.

Millions of years ago, Megatron left Shockwave in charge of Cybertron when he left with his army to follow the Autobots. Megatron felt that Shockwave was the most capable and the most trustworthy Decepticon for the job. It turns out he was right in this assessment. After millions of years, Cybertron remains absolutely the same, securely under Decepticon control, which speaks positively for the trusted lieutenant. Shockwave is absolutely loyal to Megatron, though many times it seems more that disloyalty is beyond his programming than a choice that he has made to be loyal. However, the tradeoff for his blind loyalty is his lack of initiative. Shockwave needs to be commanded what to do, otherwise he just maintains the status quo. And while immensely powerful, he lacks a certain zeal for battle that characterizes many Decepticons. He was and is the perfect choice to take care of the Transformers' homeworld as Megatron furthers his dreams of conquest on Earth. Megatron knows that the promise Shockwave made upon his departure to keep Cybertron exactly as Megatron left it will be kept as long as Shockwave remains functional.

Shockwave transforms into a weapon of mass destruction even more awesome than Megatron. In gun mode, he wields command over all types of energy, able to choose between heat, light, x-ray, nuclear, or coutless other effects. His main weaknesses are his slow reflexes and extreme dependence on prodigous amounts of fuel. His gun mode requires so much energy to activate that he hardly every uses it. Of course, his smaller gun-arm generally takes care of anything that might arise. Shockwave is very logical and methodical and doesn't do well reacting to rash, emotional action. The best way to parry him is to do something completely unexpected. Though he posesses immense strength, he is not gifted as a physical fighter. Megatron knew what he was doing leaving Shockwave in charge of Cybertron. The sheer threat of his awesome power deters any possible Autobot uprisings under his watch, and his flaws as a battlefield operative are minimized, since he rarely sees actual combat.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi KP! Just popped in to say hello cause I hadn't been here in a while.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Good to see ya, Vee! We sure missed you this past week!

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks KP! I missed being here also. It's good to be back among friends again.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Is it my imagination KP, or does Shockwave have a rather ample bosom?
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:

[lol]

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

That's the other reason why Megatron and the other Decepticons left him behind...

--------------------

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Perhaps Shockwave's a gender transformer
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved the cover of the first "regular" issue of the Transformers comic -- where Shockwave is standing in front of a stone wall in which he's written "are all dead" under the TRANSFORMERS title... [Cool]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Whatever happened to Shockwave on the cartoon? Was he seen in/after Transformers: The Movie?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

He had a couple of cameos in the movie. I think it was understood that Unicron kind of stepped on him. [Big Grin]

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:

"Shockwave has implants -- Starscream's are all real!!"
 -
(I've been waiting for an excuse to use this image again [Wink] !)

[ November 13, 2003, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, Drake... beehive! [Wink]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
He had a couple of cameos in the movie. I think it was understood that Unicron kind of stepped on him. [Big Grin]

Hmm... I'm sure there must be a website somewhere that lists the fates of all of the characters in the movie. Jeepers, the wholesale slaughter of the original set of characters in Transformers: the Movie makes anything TMK did look light by comparison!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:

Hmm... I'm sure there must be a website somewhere that lists the fates of all of the characters in the movie. Jeepers, the wholesale slaughter of the original set of characters in Transformers: the Movie makes anything TMK did look light by comparison!
http://www.tfdatabase.com/comic/faq/book_dead.html
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 86 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  84  85  86   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.