Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
{smiles as she takes his words as a victory in her favor} Fuzzy and I are for real, Cobaltus... {squeezes Lon's hand} ...marriage is a bit premature at this point, but not out of the question eventually!

{pours her own scotch}

So...where should I start?

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Start with the general structure of the Dark Oval. We know much but we are the first to admit there are holes in our knowledge.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, let's see. As you know, there are five powers:

Hrykosia, which is ruled by me.

The Dominion, which was ruled by the Dominators--but is now secretly within my control, as we've established.

The Hive is an insect colony dominated by their Queen. However, Wyandotte married her and has used his mind control to dominate her will and, through her, the entirety of the Hive.

Earth-4 is the base of the Evil Emperor Pyngwyn and his consort Blaine Fey. It is located in the space previously occupied by the former Black Sun homeworld that was nuked by Caracalla. They were able to switch that world with Earth-4, thereby leaving "evidence" of Earth-4's destruction.

{looks at them and smiles} Clever, eh? They apparently used a device to amplify E-4 Faraway Lad's powers to make it happen!

And finally, the fifth power had been mobile for a long, long time but has finally settled on the recently-annexed planet of Zerox as its base. Who rules Zerox, you ask? The ex-wife of Mordru, Mala, and her current husband... {winks at Cobalt} ...any idea who that may be?

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

...Romaltus. Why am I not surprised? Already my mind starts comprehending signs we've previously missed.

Go on, Kalla. What is the current status of the leadership? Who are alligned?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Wyandotte, EEP and Romaltus seem very closely aligned. Though I have a hard time believing that three megalomaniacs such as those could not be planning to oust one another at some point, I've yet to see any of these cracks forming. If I had to place one above the other two, it would probably be Romaltus and his wife. They have been in power longer than the others and seem most devoted to this "god" of theirs, to whom they say made the Dark Oval possible.
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The door to the office opens.

Sitting in front of them is Dev Em. He's in a hovorchair. He has what looks like metal shoulderpads on, and an apparatus on his left forearm. He is obviously still in pain, but is smiling at the sight of his friends, and brother. Not such a thrilled on his face when he sees Kalla.

"Hello there," he says, "did you miss me?"

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Er, hi, Dev... <looks around a little sheepishly>

Good to see you up and about, man.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
"Yeah. Good to see that you've suffered no permanent damage >cough< from your experience." He gives Lardy a nod. "I need to talk to you about a few things Lardy. Soon, but not right now." >cough<

He looks at Cobalt and says, "I need to borrow Lon for a little while. We have some family business to attend to. >cough< Shouldn't take more than a couple days. I'll return him the same way as I'm taking him. Then he can join in on all your little games."

Lon looks at him. "You sure you want to do this right now? You're not exactly..."

"I want my kids back, and thanks to the little gift of your blood you gave me after my fight, I am better than I have any right being."

Lon leans over and gives Kalla a kiss. "Sorry honey, I got to take care of this...when I get back, you can catch me up," he says with a wink.

"Sorry about the timing, but we have to go get Sharklad and get moving as soon as possible."

Lon walks out of the room.

Dev moves towards Lardy and hands him an envelope, "Can you please give this to Tempest for me when you see her. Thanks man."

Dev heads towards the door and then looks between Des, Anthony and Kalla. "I hope you all know what you're doing," he says as he shuts the door.

[ March 16, 2011, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<frowns> What's goin' on between Dev and Tempest? Isn't he married?!? <Lardy is ignorant of all Dev's been thru recently>

<shrugs it off and looks at Kalla> What do you know of this Dark Oval "god"?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Walks into the Office, her vigor fully restored. Feeling a bit brighter now that Red Bee is dead, her wardrobe reflects her feelings as she is in a black strapless miniskirt and high heels, her hair is loose and in its' naturally wavy state.)

What a rush to know that little murdering bastard is gone. Only wish I could have done it myself. Why does my own vengeance always allude me? Hello, what's going in there?

(Walks over to Lardy's office and briskly opens the door.)

Why, hello everyone. Some sort of meeting? Can't be completely Office related with you two here.

(She looks at Cobalt Kid and Hot Chick.)

Thought you might want to know that I have made a miraculous recovery, the silly little science doctors can't explain it. And my powers...let's just saying being out of body has reminded me the importance of keeping up one's mind and spirit. I can sense things in the ether---

(Makes a sharp look to Hot Chick.)

Something isn't right about her. Look at the way they are looking at me. They know something. What the hell happened why I was under?

Should I even pry? Do I have the right, considering what I have done to all of them? Especially, you.

(She turns to Cobalt, her eyes looking at him with a mournful gleam.)

Well, this all seems too boring for me. Seeing as my money went to making robots, Lardy, which attacked citizens, I expect a refund. Keeping the room, though.

And if you see Dev, let him know that I am looking for him.

(She winks to Lardy, hoping to get a spark of jealousy. She leaves the door open and heads down to her room.)

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<Lardy's jaw drops slightly> Man! I've GOTTA get to know that woman better! What could she possibly see in baldy?!?

...um...er...where were we again?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yes, there's no doubt about it. She reminds me of Viv; now that the crisis has passed and my thoughts aren't immediately focused elsewhere, it's rather obvious. Is that you, Viviane? After all these years?

Well, I'd forgotten how many interruptions the Security Chief gets on a normal basis, Lardy. It certainly isn't the most fun part of the job.

<back to Kalla>

Kalla, Lardy had an excellent question. Tell us about this 'Dark Oval Deity' worshipped by Romaltus and Mala. Who else worships it? Meaning, is it a commonly shared belief? My Space Knights and spies have reported to me many things about this deity and it remains one of the single most mysterious parts of the Dark Oval. I'd like to think I know a bit about it already, but given your earlier comments about misinformation, perhaps you can distill it for us.

Kalla Hrykos
Active

{has a thoughtful look about her} I've never heard this entity named, but I have often been required, along with the other Oval leaders, to particpate in rituals that are meant to honor him. {nods} Yes, it's apparently a "He".

One occasion where the ritual seemed like the biggest deal was [http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000827;p=3#000035]after we took Epsilon Sector[/url]. Romaltus killed his and Mala's closest ally, Arun Nal, and demanded that we all drink Arun's blood. I recall as clearly as it was yesterday, Romaltus saying to Arun, "The God of the Dark Oval demands you as a sacrifice to sanctify this day and to close the circle.”

We all drank. Me, I just wanted my birthright, and if drinking some old seer's blood was required...so be it. I certainly don't worship any god anymore. I was with the Church of the Eternal Void and worshipped Sol Invictus with them as the Destroyer, but, well, that was a phase I was going through. I was depressed and suicidal at the time--hell, I guess you have to be to worship complete nothingness like that.

{looks around} Sorry, I digress. Anyhow, I couldn't get a read on the others, but Wyandotte and the Pyngwyn have never struck me as believers. Certainly, no one in the Dominion believe in this entity.

But Romaltus and Mala? They are all-in with their God. It's painfully obvious. He makes reference to "communing" with this god...in such a way that I really think he can converse him...or at leasts he thinks he can. It's really kind of creepy to tell the truth.

I really feel like I have the numbers of Wyandotte and the Pyngwyn. They don't scare me. But Romaltus and Mala? They kind of do! It's going against them, more than anything, that makes me feel as if I need allies from outside.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<soaks this in>

Well, from our LMB experiences, we can't overlook the possibility that there may be an actual entity serving as the Power behind the power.

<looks at Cobie> What do you know about this deity?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<Cobalt considers the question and his reply for a moment>

As you know, following Legion World's Invasion, the United Planets commissioned me as Senior General of all of the military of the UP for battling the Dark Oval. I led the former Triumvirate armies, backed by the UP, into the D.O. and was able to "take back"--or re-conquor from the D.O. perspective--several planets within the Dominion portion of the D.O. These planets are now a part of UP space, and are called "The Contested Territories". As you can imagine, the problems there are numerous and the Dominion is highly unhappy they have lost part of their empire.

What was left of the Triumvirate armies was turned into the Space Knights Templar--a combination of my warriors and Eryk Davis Ester's monks to try to create a new type of order, or perhaps a better way to explain it is recreate a very old one. The Knights do many things for the UP but their main purpose these days is to safeguard the citizens of the Contested Territories, as well as particularly safeguard UP representatives who journey there.

Yet...a new secondary motivation exists for being there. They've...discovered some things. Some very ancient, millenia old temples and architecture that predate even the Dominion. Our very best archeologists have determined that the various references contained within are directly linked to this ‘dark deity’ worshipped in parts of the Dark Oval. He was a very ancient being and there is no blurriness to his intentions—this was an evil, ruthless entity. I’ve now begun to fear this dark deity is actually the true mastermind behind the Dark Oval, even if most of the D.O. do not know it.

I’ve always suspected Caracalla moved the Black Sun out of the D.O. on purpose because he felt his plans were in conflict with a Higher Power. I’m now sure of it.

<Cobalt has some more “secrets” the Knights Templar have un-Earthed but for the moment, decides to go no further. They are not for Kalla’s ears and he isn’t quite sure how to explain them to Lardy yet, when Lardy is specifically linked to these secrets.>

The ultimate goal of the Dark Oval is to conquer all of space if the ancient runes depicting the deity are being read correctly. And this plan, and the existence of the ancient enemy, date back long ago, perhaps even before civilization on Earth, the mother planet.

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.