Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The only reason I am Quislet, Esq. is because Quislet was taken. I was Quislet on the DC boards.

But I am glad now that my name here is not just the character's name.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LardLad:
When I chose "Lard Lad" as my MB name, I had totally forgotten about the character from the Simpson's donut shop, who in turn was a takeoff on Shoney's Big Boy.

Shoney's was only one of the Big Boy franchise names. In Florida it was Frisch's Big Boy and in Michigan it was Elias Brothers Big Boy. That one might still be around. I don't know any others off the top of my head.

Anyway, I use variations on "rockhopper" for a lot of things, because I like penguins. When I joined up here, I added the "Lad" in homage to the Legion, as many others have done. I now use "rockhopperlad" for a user name more often than not.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Super-powered Team-Up of the Century: Sheepdogs & Fairy Penguins

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Still can't beat beagles and rockhoppers. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
PETA would be after us if we did. [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I some times sing "Rockhopper" to the tune of the B-52's "Rock Lobster"! [Embarrassed]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Scary what a mancrush can make you do. [Wink]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

In one of my former jobs, a few of the workers would call me "robster"

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of names, it's really annoying being a totally obscure underachiever and yet having the same first and last names as a local prominent business dynamo/do-gooder in your town-- who is not, in fact, related. Take if from me.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Could be worse. They could be a well-known chronic thief/scam artist.

Many of my namesakes seem to be in art or journalism (based on internet ramblings), fields I'm no stranger to myself. The closest to a well-known one is a Hollywood animator.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

The only other person I've ever known with my same name was my late grandfather. I've seen Internet references to others, but don't know a thing about any.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm the only Anthony on either side of my family.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

On my father's side, half the men are named Anthony. On my mother's side there were a lot of Marys. Those, of course, are my parents' names.

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Fortunately, I wasn't named after my father, although it was my older brother and sister who got to choose my name.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

So your real name is "Stinky Poopyhead" I presume.

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.