Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Next Gathering (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  39  40  41   
Author Topic: The Next Gathering
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
FYI, when they do become available again, we are definitely getting a table in the Mezzanine - M-16 to be exact.

I hope that many of you guys can make it.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sweet! I'm planning to be there next year, so if anyone is interested in sharing hotel space, let me know.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Really wish I could afford to...just do not see it happening next year.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Alas, my kitchen renovation set me 'way back this year. I don't see any travel in my immediate future. [Frown]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, everybody start playing the lottery.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
yeah. despite the benevolent-conspiratorial musings of Abin et al over the summer, I don't see it happening, either.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Still hoping to make it some-how, just working-out some big kinks financial & otherwise.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucifer07
Interstellar Man of Mystery.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucifer07   Email Lucifer07         Edit/Delete Post     
Funny thing, Ive never gone to SDCC and Ive decided to go in 11 with my Anime loving son as a graduation gift, any tips on how to have a great time would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
I sought truth.. and found friendship and love, which even your lies can never take the memory of from me. (B5 to Time Trapper LSH 50)

From: Webers World | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Realize ahead of time that you won't be able to do everything. There's just too much to do. Accept that up front and take a relaxed approach to the con.
2. Plan ahead. Look over the list of artists attending and the panel summaries so you know who you want to try to see and which panels look interesting. Doing some advance planning can help with managing how overwhelming the con can be. Also, it'll help you plan items to bring to have signed.
3. Make a list of specific items that you want to look for in the dealer booths. You don't want to be at the con trying to remember if you have a copy of an obscure trade paperback or single issue.
4. Realize that you're going to want to buy things not on that list, so budget for more than you think you'll spend. Much more.
5. Don't be afraid to take a day off during the con. There's lots of other stuff to see and do in San Diego. (However, if I'm honest, I have to admit that I didn't take any days off in '08; I didn't want to miss a moment!)
6. Be prepared for crowds. Not every spot on the con floor is impassable, but there will be times when navigation across the floor will feel like it requires a map, compass, sextant, and a teleporter. The upshot of this is to never be in a hurry to get anywhere. Always give yourself lots of time.

It's an incredible experience and I've had a blast both times I've been. There are many who say it's gotten to big or too Hollywood, but it really is what you make it. If you want it to be a comic convention, then attend comic-related panels, meet comic artists and writers, buy rare comics and, like magic, you've just attended a comic convention. At the same time, if you want to see movie and TV stars, hear about the studios' new releases, etc., that's there too. Make it the convention you want to attend and ignore the griefers who don't know how.

Hope to see you there!

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Lucifer07,

Purchase your passes as soon as they get back on sale. Right now registration is closed (it was suppose to start at the start of November but crashed twice) Best to periodically visit the Comic Con site to see if passes are on sale.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucifer07
Interstellar Man of Mystery.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucifer07   Email Lucifer07         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the advice Diretor Lad and Quis

--------------------
I sought truth.. and found friendship and love, which even your lies can never take the memory of from me. (B5 to Time Trapper LSH 50)

From: Webers World | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i might go again this year ...

one thing i found is i couldn't do back to back things.

something at 2-330 and expect to catch a show at 330 -5 (or whatever).

not only might it be far away but people line up for good things early. (maybe if you get lucky and know where you're going) in fact i kinda did one show a day. and then just wandered around. but i think thats a very low estimate cause i was pooped out from being around so many peoples.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone going to the Philadelphia Comic-Con on the 12th?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Although I'm located outside of Philly, I don't think I've ever heard of that one. I've been to Wizard World Philadelphia a couple times and, if that is any indication, I would say that the best thing about Philly-based cons is the availability of tons of inexpensive Silver/Bronze age back-issues. That was something that I found was notably absent at SDCC.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Just posted on the Comicon site:

Registration test on Wednesday December 15
Short version: Comicon will test their new badge registration system Wednesday morning at 8 am Pacific by making 1000 badges available. If all goes well, they'll open the flood gates again.

Perfect timing; I get paid Wednesday...

This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.