Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Elvis Lad
Espionage Squad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elvis Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Elvis Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Forrest Satchell

Alter Ego: Elvis Lad

Base of Operations: Hollywood, California

Occupation: Bartender/Bouncer at Akbar in Silverlake and General Contracting work.

Legion Fan Since: Superboy and The Legion of Super-Heroes # 220. Purchased at a yard sale when I was 5.

Favorite Legionnaires:
Male: Ultra Boy (hes made me weak in the knees since I was 5) and Mon-El.
Female: Dream Girl and Princess Projectra.

Favorite Legion Creators: Mike Grell ( his Legion boys were my sexual awakening), Paul Levitz, Jim Shooter, Dave Crockrum,Keith Giffen, Stuart Immomen, Oliver Coipel, and I think Mark Waid and Barry Kitson are soon joining this list!

Favorite Legion Stories: The Great Darkness Saga, The 5 years Later saga, Dream Crime, every story with The Fatal Five, The Universo Project, Legion of the Damned, and Legion Lost.

Favorite Legion Era: Dave Crockrum/Mike Grell Era !!

Favorite Films: WILD AT HEART !!, Bonnie and Clyde, Thelma and Lousie, Carrie, Amelie, Dogs in Space, Kill Bill films, Halloween, Logan's Run and of course The Star Wars films!

Favorite Music: Johnny Cash, June Carter Cash,Marc Almond, Social Distortion, Loretta Lynn, James Intveld, The Cramps, Concrete Blonde, Lone Justice, Stevie Nicks, Heart,Duran Duran,Henry Rollins, The White Stripes, Bjork, Style Council

Favorite TV Shows: Twin Peaks, ER, Desperate Housewives, Lost, and REALLY bad shows like The O.C. and One Tree Hill.

I wanted to post a pic of myself but nothing I tried worked, the dreaded red x was all I got, and I wasnt able to post on the album. Anyone have any helpful hints for me on this?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone, ive been a Legion fan for 27 years now ....yikes that makes me feel old at 32 to say !

Oh, how do you upload a custom avatar ?

Forrest

From: Hollywood, Ca | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brainiac 5
Cobalt Kid's Spell-Checker and Pain in the Rear

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brainiac 5   Email Brainiac 5         Edit/Delete Post     
Greetings Legionnaires.
NAME: Craig
ALTER EGO: Brainiac68
HOME: Detroit (I so wanted to say Parts Unknown)
INTERESTS: Finally finish remodelling my kitchen, getting ready for a new arrival in June,playing Texas Hold-em
FAVORITE MOVIES: Patton, True Believer, Euro-Trip, Spinal Tap
LEAST FAVORITE MOVIE: When a Stranger Calls...that flic just creeps me out!
FAVORITE MUSIC: A.I.C., Distubed, etc. but I like going to Bluegrass festivals with the family...go figure
FIRST COMIC: The Total Eclipse of Sun Boy in Superboy and the Legion... 197.?
FAVORITE LEGION STORY: Tenzil For The Defense
FAVORITE LEGIONNAIRES: Element Lad, Ultra Boy, and Saturn Girl
USELESS FACT: I have seven guitars in my house.
JUST FOR FUN: Pick up "Click,Clack Moo...Cows That Type" by Cronin and Lewin in your local bookstores children's section. Funniest thing I've read this year.

--------------------
There's room for all God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes!

From: the Detroit multi-lab | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Satire Lad
Legion Hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Satire Lad   Email Satire Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Name:Erik Bell

Alter Egos: Satire Lad, The Amazing Packrat, Phone Guy, and in one bizarre instance, Michelle.

Base of Operations: Maine. I won't repeat the nicknames I know.

Interests: What've you got?

First Legion Story: Legionnaires #1, back when places like Costco and other bulk stores used to have those 20 comics in one bundle for sale.

Favorite Legion Era: Post-Zero Hour. Primarily because I love Jeff Moy's artwork.

Favorite Female Legionnaire: Triad

Favorite Male Legionnaire: Brainiac 5

Least Favorite Legionnaire: I don't know if he counts, but...Jamm. Where's Marvel's 'Scourge' when you need him?

Favorite Movies: Dark City, Duck Soup, Lost in Translation, Millenium Actress, Anything with MST3K commentary, 10 Things I Hate About You. ...no, seriously.

Least Favorite Movie: Manos: The Hands of Fate (that is, without the MST3K commentary)

Favorite Music: You name it, I have it, except for...

Least Favorite Music: Hardcore Gangsta Rap, 99% of pop music with exploitative lyrics, hillbilly country that doesn't get the joke.

Strange, Yet True: Registered minister, near-fluent in ASL, took several years of gymnastics, highest bowling score (yet) is a 187.

Picture?: Once I stop being lazy and utilize the webcam at my office, perhaps...

[ November 12, 2004, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Satire Lad ]

From: Eniam, near the Land of the Port. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
name: brian garcia
nom de guerre: disaster boy
live: los angeles ca
do: grad student in architecture and art

favorite characters: white witch, lightning lass, projectra, invisible kid, karate kid, element lad, umbra, shikari, magnetic kid, emerald empress, dream girl, kent shakespere, rond vidar, andromeda

favorite leader: dream girl or cosmic boy

favorite villain: lightning lord from the baxter lsv

favorite legion hq: the orange clubhouse or legion world

favorite creators: giffen, dan and andy, tom and mary, al, and levitz, pearson

favorite eras: 5 year gap (yes i know this is poor party conversation) legion of the damned, magic wars, giffen's first run (great darkness, omen)and the baxter, and earthwar

favorite costumes: the magic war's body armor

favorite legion invention: the trans suit or the tesseract storage

my first legion book was the one where cham and rj brande went to durla to restore cham's powers. super girl was in this one.

my last one was the umbra story a few months ago where she returns to her homeworld to find out where her powers went.

favorite pastimes: eating, shopping and playing with my dog

least favorite pastimes: studying

music: anything that rocks, or is upbeat, or super depressing

tv: is dead to me since buffy left the air

favorite comics: x-men, hellblazer, and of course the legion

nice to meet you,
-b

[ November 15, 2004, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: disaster boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
It's nice to meet you. The CA group is getting bigger.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
NAME : Marck Hearn
AKA : Dedman; Cannonfodder Boy; Spook
FAV LEGIONNAIRE : male - Ultra boy, Twolf, Blok
female - Sensor Girl, Phantom Girl, Kid Quantum 2
FAV VILLIAN - Emerald Empress, Vrykos (sp?)
FAV CREATORS - Levitz; Giffen; Lightle
FAV ERA - Original Levitz/Giffen run
FAV STORY ARC - great darkness saga; LSV; Legion Lost
FAV FILMS - True Romance; Alien series; Hellraiser films; Very Bad Things; Requiem for a dream
FAV MUSIC - Cradle of Filth; Six Feet Under; Tristania; Kataklysm; Buddy Holly; Most 80's music
FAV TV - Dead Like Me; Trailer Park Boys; Lost; 24; Survivor
ODD FACT - once worked as a pro wrestler
PIC - you really don't want my pic

[ November 17, 2004, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: dedman ]

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by dedman:

PIC - you really don't want my pic

WRONG! In fact, we demand pics! Hey, I have four pics of me floating around here, so you can do the same!

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
PIC FREAKS!

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamz
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hamz   Author's Homepage   Email Hamz         Edit/Delete Post     
Ferroboy,
You should add more current pics of yourself. You're VERY handsome. And that chest pic....mmmmmmm yum... :-)

From: NW Indiana | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll work on it, Hamz. Maybe something with better lighting,

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by disaster boy:
favorite eras: 5 year gap (yes i know this is poor party conversation)

Hey, there are some 5YG fans around here... [Wink]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by STU:
quote:
Originally posted by disaster boy:
favorite eras: 5 year gap (yes i know this is poor party conversation)

Hey, there are some 5YG fans around here... [Wink]
I liked the first year or so. It started going downhill and was completely horrible by the 40s.

--------------------
Dan

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i loved the first year. i just thought it was brilliant. i also liked jason pearson's run alot when the dominion took over earth. i remember being excited about comics again when the 5yg started coming out.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Name: Theresa Marie Bunkofske-Keller

Alter Egos: KinetixgreenZoe, RavenArcanna, HighPriestessViviane, DivineOpalJanell, Pizzazz, Rainmaker, Grand High Witch Eva Ernst

Base of Operations: California

Interests: Acting, Comics, Music, Good Friends

First Legion Story: The latest Dark Circle saga was the first Legion plot I was introduced to.

Favorite Legion Era: Post-Zero Era. Kinetix!

Favorite Female Legionnaire: Kinetix

Favorite Male Legionnaire: Cosmic Boy/Star Boy

Least Favorite Legionnaire: I don't really have on, but I guess maybe Ferro, no, Kid Q I, maybe I don't know, I never like Gear or Computo (especially her because for some reason I thought she should be Asain, she didn't fit in her skin right) WHY MAKE ME CHOOSE!

Favorite Movies: X-Men movies, Anything with Anjelica Huston, Sleepy Hollow, Hocus Pocus, a whole bunch more

Least Favorite Movie: John Carpenter's Vampires (gross)

Favorite Music: Indie Rock/Slow Rock (Luna, Bette Midler), Show Tunes

Least Favorite Music: Hardcore Gangsta Rap

TV: Will and Grace now, nothing much else, a few WB shows, and ER

Odd Fact: I'm judgemental, but not harshly and I laugh a lot and like to laugh with others, yet I am shy

Picture:  -  -  -

[ December 10, 2004, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: HighPriestess Viviane ]

--------------------

Roxy
Misfit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roxy           Edit/Delete Post     
I just got a scaring email from Terry that said I was lazy and should post more, and that I should post in the Who' who, so before she kills me here I go:
From: Misfits Music | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.