Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill this Thread V: the 24 hour version! (Page 32)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Kill this Thread V: the 24 hour version!
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Thats what I like about my work cycle, 6 days on then 6 days off. Rarely a problem getting things done.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
That's pretty impressive.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I work alternating four-day and six-day work weeks: Monday through Saturday; off Sunday; Monday through Thursday; off Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I've done that for so long that I wonder what people who don't have a weekday off do. Among other things, that Friday off is the day I go to the CBS, so I always get two weeks' worth. I also always pick up some Archie comics for my mom. She loves Archie.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Not literally, but figuratively this is my pretty much my work life...

I's the b'y that builds the boat
And I's the b'y that sails her
I's the b'y that catches the fish
And brings them home to Lizer

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Hip yer partner, Sally Thibault
Hip yer partner, Sally Brown
Fogo, Twillingate, Moreton's Harbour
All around the circle!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

(where's Deddy when you need him?)
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann Hebistand
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann Hebistand           Edit/Delete Post     
Bunny with a pancake on its head!
Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Sods and rinds to cover your flake
Cake and tea for supper
Codfish in the spring o' the year
Fried in maggoty butter.

Ann Hebistand
Applicant

Okay, I think I get it now -- you guys are posting sea shanties?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
"Shanty" is one of those words which really sounds like it out to be something naughty... but isn't.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Only the most famous Newfoundland folk song ever... Deddy can explain better when he gets here. Pretty sad kitchen party without Deddy, since he's bringin the Screech.

I don't want your maggoty fish
That's no good for winter
I could buy as good as that
Down in Bonavista.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann Hebistand
Applicant

Thanks for explaining, Tamper Lad.

Folk music in general is one of those things I respect more than actually listen to. But that's just my opinion.

And hopefully, next time I won't be feeling so lazy and I'll actually post the picture of the bunny with the pancake on its head.

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Sometimes it's OK to leave things to the imagination.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
The only shanty I remember is the one about accountancy. I was sort of accountant-like there for a year or so, back when I was still a "permanent" employee.

"I'll scribble away, and balance the books..."

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Years ago, when I lived in Boston, I frequented a piano bar, now long-since closed. There was a man who used to go there who was possibly the ugliest man I've ever seen and who had a voice that sounded vaguely like Jimmy Durante's. Somehow, he managed to get the pianists to let him sing solos regularly. One of his regular songs was "In a Shanty in Old Shanty Town".

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  68  69  70   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.