Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 32)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I've never bought a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I am not a fan of coffee in general and more importantly, I'm cheap.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
There are three good reasons to avoid Starbuck's:

1. the drinks are overpriced
2. the drinks are crap
3. you could be supporting a local merchant instead.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
But...but...but it's STARBUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
For the most part, Starbucks coffee is too bitter. When I do go, I always ask for extra room for milk. On the other hand, I can't stand the taste of sweetened coffee, so milk pretty much has to do it.

In all honesty, I prefer tea, but getting a decent cup of tea in the United States (outside of certain ethnic establishments and places that specialize in that sort of thing) is next to impossible.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I go to Starbucks when I can afford to do so. They're really no more expensive than other coffee places, local or otherwise. As for their coffee being bitter, I'm not enough of a coffee connoisseur to be able to tell the difference. I do like their Java Chips (coffee with chocolate chips and whipped topping), however.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't go to Starbucks at all. I have been known to buy espressos when I'm out and about (I can't stand milky coffee, and "normal" coffee has always tasted watered-down to me), but I don't drop into Consumer Whore

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
You'd think a company that loaded could afford a sense of humor. [snerk] But I kid our benevolent multinationals. Thank You. I'll be here all week.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Bah! No coffee shop gets myhard-earned $$$!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Tim Horton's used to get quite a bit of my cash, but the two here in town are always WAY too busy for me to go. 20 min lineups are insane
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Twenty minutes?! They must be really good, then. (I don't think there's a Tim Horton's around here.)

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Never been to Tim H.'s, because I'm not anywhere near Canada. However, I remember reading in some business rag that they trounced the snot out of Krispy Kreme when it tried to expand up there. For that, they have my eternal gratitude. Because Krispy Kreme is foul.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
We have a pastry in the South called Apple Uglys. And they are.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've never heard of an Apple Ugly. I do know Krispy Kreme and I was very sad when they withdrew from my city, although not having them around is better for my waistline.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Krispy Kremes flopped in this area too. They were sold for a while in my supermarket, but I think the appeal was getting them hot right from the oven.

Dunkin Donuts still dominates here.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Shipley's is the dominant doughnut shop here, followed by Southern Maid. Dunkin Donuts is creeping in, but mostly on the strength of its coffee--certainly not on its doughnuts. Krispy Kreme actually did pretty well, but the franchisee had a falling out with the company.

What I miss from when I lived up Quis's way is the independent doughnut shops. I wonder how many of them even still exist.

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.