Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 32)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Tin Man because he was the middle of the road guy. Scarecrow was too eager and Cowardly Lion was too needy.

Another Probingly Ballistic Missive

Young Judy Garland or old Judy Garland, and why?

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Tin Man because he's got the best costume and we both need a heart. [Evil]

EDIT: Darn it, too slow! Okay, for Semi's -- young Judy Garland because she was a lovely actress. Messed up life but I really enjoyed watching her on screen. The old was just... pathetic and not that great 'cause of all the drugs. [Frown] And she created Liza Minelli (who I don't like) later too.

Allegory Perhaps Before Maylay,
The chemical hydrogen peroxide reacts with a catalyst of an iodine ion to produce oxygen gas and water at an accelerated rate. What acts as a catalyst for you? (Take that how you will. [Wink] )

[ August 23, 2005, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Caliente ]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Did I here Catalyst??

The best catalyst is of course Alcohol. CH3-CH2OH known by it's IUPAC name of Ethanol. For some reason in the presence of ethanol:

Tamper + situation ============> Stupid Boy

APBM
What is the stupidest thing you've ever done under the catalytic effect of ethanol.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Beer - but I don't drink it anymore.

Annoyingly Perky Bahamian Midget,

Describe your favorite bathing suit of all time, and why it drove them all mad at the beach.

Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
For the sparsely populated western end of the Dauphin Island I wore my pre-cursor to the tan-thru swimsuit -- the who-needs-a-swimsuit-out-here suit. It was immediately copied by my drunken and debauched college buds.

Achy padre's breaky muscle:
What is the scariest experience that you've ever had?

[ August 26, 2005, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Lad Boy ]

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Probably the bank robbery. (for those who haven't heard it) I was in the vault room counting the shipment when there was a commotion from the lobby. The teller with me figured it out. I took the 100s, 50s, 20s, & 10s & threw them into the timed side of the vault and shut that door. I meant to leave the 5s & 1s for the robbers, but the teller threw them behind the vault. So I opened up the untimed side. By that time the manager had open the door to the vault room. One robber came in asking for the bag (meaning the shipment bag) He did have a gun in his hand. I held up the shredded plastic bag and said "Here's the bag." He then scooped the money in the untimed side, dropping those 100s & 50s on the floor. At that instant, his partner yelled in "the time, the time. We've got to go!" I could see him looking at those 100s & 50s and I felt a little sorry for him. but he left without picking them up. They did take a dye pack. They never caught them, but the car they used (stolen with stolen plates on it) was found with dye all over the dashboard. So the money they did get was useless.

APBM,

Tell an exciting or interesting tale from your life.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I was home from grad school for Christmas in 1988. My (adopted) mom said heard that my (birth) father had died recently. There had been a person who knew both my birth family and my adopted family.

I had tried 4 or 5 years earlier to locate my birth family -- nothing desperate or particularly diligent. I picked up the phone and called information in cities that I knew were connected to my birth family.

My (adopted) mom mentioned the state where she thought some of my birth family lived. It's a state with a very small population and very few cities. My birth family name is pretty unusual. When I got back to school after the break was over, I called for information and within 5 minutes was talking to my brother.

In the course of a phone call I went from being an only child to the 25-year-old baby brother of three older siblings.

APBM:

Without giving names, is there anyone from Legion World that you would re4ally like to meet face to face? Why?

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Sure! Because I like meeting new people and I've met a few other from RPGs and it was always a good experience. Plus I already made plans to meet one so if I said no he might be offended... [Wink]

APBM,
What did you dream last night?

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually dreamt my kimono had shrunk.... I wonder what my subconscious was trying to tell me.

Anti Personel Bingo Mine
What's the most outrageous piece of clothing you've even worn (fancy dress excluded)?

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
my Air Raid Warden helmet

APBM,

Which fictional character would you like to hang out with and why?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

Gambit. Why do you think...? [Wink]

No, no. I'm just kidding. I'd like to hang out with Hannah who is the protagonist in The Devils Arithmitic because... that story had a profound influence on my childhood and there's just so much I'd want to ask her... to try to understand. I was like her in a lot of ways at that age and I'd want to know, I mean really know, what it was like for her to experience what she did. The Holocaust was a horrible, horrible thing. [No]

Anyway People Beat Me,
Same Question

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The Great Gatsby because to me he represents anyone who's essentially good-hearted, but has had to do bad things to chase what essentially was unattainable and undeserving of him (Stupid, vapid Daisy). Not a bad metaphor for most of our lives really.

APBM,

What real life famous person (current or historical) would you want to spend a day on the job with?

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

I'd like to spend a day with Bryan Singer while he's shooting Superman Returns.

Altruistic Peppermint Bar Muncher,

Same question.

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Id go one better...Id ply Mr Singer with enough booze and sweet talk to convince him to consider my suggestion for a live-action LSH movie to rival the relatively so-so Thunderbirds, but on as big a scale of production as the two X-Men movies....

Already Paying Bills, Muttering:

If such a Legion movie is made, who would you like to play the main roles?

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Let's see, these are my choices, but you have to imagine them as young, even though some are too old now for the roles:

Bouncing Boy - Jack Black (he had to have a superhero role after he got booted from Green Lantern [Big Grin] )

Saturn Girl - KIrsten Dunst

Cosmic Boy - Kyle McLaughlin.

Lightning Lad - haven't a clue.

anyway, that's a start.

Alabaster Pigmented Bohemian Marauder,

Continue answering LAM's question.

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.