Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 32)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Thora
Mad hot like a Romulan Supermodel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thora           Edit/Delete Post     
name: Thora of Taltar.

home planet: Taltar.

Legion fan since: Adventure Comics # 368.

hobbies: flogging, carving exact replicas of friends and enemies, scheming against cretinous males.

favorite Legionnaires: the female ones.

--------------------
On MY world, which your robot space-probes contacted only a month ago, a superior MATRIARCHAL system exists! There, women are the stronger, dominant sex!

From: Taltar | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, Thora posted a Who's Who profile! Way to put forth even more of an effort!

Not only will this win you over some votes, the new gentler you is making a great impression on us LWers.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TiJulk MrAsz
Active Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TiJulk MrAsz   Email TiJulk MrAsz         Edit/Delete Post     
Brandon
Brooklyn, NY
I work in an office, and I'm finishing up my last few credits of art school (BFA, Fine Arts [Painting]).

Let me just say I love what you guy call the "Archie Legion" derisively. I thought it was good for what it was, and it kept true to the spirit of the book for pretty much it's entire history up to the end of the Magic Wars. Admittedly, it fell off after a while (I guess it started slowly around Dark Circle), and Roger Stern did seem to be slacking off somehow (of course we have high expectations from his earlier work, especially on Action Comics). Anyway I was sad to see it go, especially since we had TWO TITLES!!! Some people just had it out for it from the beginning though.

I first met the Legion as a kid in John Byrne's Superman. I missed the second part in Action Comics, though. I bought every #0 issue that came out, and I knew that Waid was writing Legion at the time, but despite the ravings in WIZARD I didn't pick it up again until the Superboy crossover (I only got the Superboy issue, but later tracked down the Legion books). After that I picked up Legionnaires #36 on the shelf, bought it, and was hooked! Valor, Ultra Boy, and Element Lad became my three favorite male Legionnaires. It's since shifted slightly, I've come to love Gates as you can see. By the Emerald Eye saga it was my favorite book and I could barely make it through the mere two weeks between the two books. I was on LSH-L and the racdl Newsgroup site up until I went to college. BTW, anyone from that list migrate here? Everyone uses codenames now. Is the Legion of Super-Gamblers still in action?

I'll say my favorites are as follows in terms of Eras and creators:

Levitz (until it trailed off)
most of the Reboot
Shooter
Superboy & The LSH
Adventures era (dispite the lack of characterization... they're fun!)
The Legion
SW6 Legionnaires
Legion Lost and Worlds (I liked the M'Onel issue, but the Spark issue was my second least favorite of the postboot, after LL #12.)
TMK
pre-Levitz, pre-300 v.2... especially when Joe Staton and Jim Janes were drawing

Waid is one of my favorite writers, and I fully expect to love the new series. I hope Gates, XS, and Kinetix make it in. I also like Peyer, what's he doing these days. It was his idea to make the 30th Century vegetarian. Waid did the same for Superman in birthright... do you think he'll do it in Legion? It makes sense for the 30th Century in my opinion. While I didn't like the tone of the 5YG stories as much, I have to say that Tom and Mary really know (knew) the Legionnaires' individual personalities. I know Waid will give us lots of characterization. I hope the pacing doesn't suck like it did in the reboot from Mordru on. The pacing and suspense was really working well before that.

Favorite Legion artists (no particular order):

Chris Batista (bring him back for the spin-off/2nd title!)
Jeff Moy
Phil Moy
Lee Moder (his work hit a stride at a certain point)
Mike Grell
Steve Lightle
Adam Hughes
Curt Swan
Keith Giffen (Mahlsteadt inks circa v.3 300's)
Stuart Immonen
Chris Sprouse
Colleen Doran
Alan Davis
Scott Kolins

Incidentally, Gates and I read the same books! Well, that's all for me. Long Live the Legion of Super-Activists!
Anything else that you want to share!

--------------------
Comradely,
Gates
LLL!

From: Vyrga | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TiJulk MrAsz
Active Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TiJulk MrAsz   Email TiJulk MrAsz         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh and I forgot to mention I love FOX's The O.C. because they plugged Legion TWICE!

--------------------
Comradely,
Gates
LLL!

From: Vyrga | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bIZARRO nO.1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bIZARRO nO.1           Edit/Delete Post     
mE AM HATE YOU ALL SO MUCH, ME NOT TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT ME!
From: bIZARRO wORLD | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Dave
Where I Live: Tyler TX
What I do: Center Manager for largest Home Medical Company in the nation. ( ooh ahh)

Legion Info: Started reading the Legion way back.. Have always loved the concept and can not imagine the comic world with out one. Have always related to Timberwolf, but love all the characters.

Other things: I love to read all types of books. Have really gotten hooked on Peter David's Star Trek New Frontier and Sir Apropos of Nothing series ( he does it all)
I enjoy horror films and really good slap stick..like the Naked Gun movies..

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Dave.

Glad you've decided to post. I swear there's a "Welcome" thread for you somewhere buried under the pages and pages of posts. [Big Grin] Things move pretty quick around here, so don't be afraid to jump in and get your feet wet. We're a pretty good bunch one you get to know us!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, here goes [Smile]

My name's Hollis. I live in Georgia (A suburb of Atlanta, actually). I work at a theatre to pay the bills (and by bills I mean Waffle House and Cigarettes) and fund my college payments. I live in a dream world, and I'm just fine with it. I've been doing creative stuff like comics and cartoons and videogames since I was young. I love being social in crowds, and always loved being the weirdo. I used to go to this old comic store near a fabric shop my mom loved and happened upon a copy of the Legion of Superheroes. I liked them, and the old guy at the shop (I loved that guy. he always smelled like old newsprint and mothballs. The smell of a quality comic shop, in my opinon [Smile] ) gave me a copy of Legionnaires issue one on the house. I was hooked. I loved the art, the characters, _everything_. I started digging, and soon I collected every Legion comic I could find. I loved the dynamic, the setting, the drama, the loss (I was so young, so I was always choked up when I saw a shot of all the Dead Legionnaire statues. I know its stupid, but it's also childhood [Smile] ) and what can I say...been a legion fan since. Other interests...well I love rpg games, be they PbEM, IRC, console, or otherwise. I love the improvisational creativity involved and all that. Movies? Uh, Boondock Saints, Igby Goes Down, and pretty much any Zombie flick [Cool] Music? Uhm, I pretty much live by the Barenaked Ladies, but I love all music, from rap to country. Books? Clockwork Orange, anything by Douglas Adams. Heh, that's pretty much it. Sorry bout the huge post. I'm sure that's more than anyone wanted to know about anyone, heh...

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Loved the huge post, I like to here about my posting buddies.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
Good to have you onboard GL and Stargazer.

Not too sure about you though bIZARRO no1

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by bIZARRO nO.1:
mE AM HATE YOU ALL SO MUCH, ME NOT TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT ME!

If he really was a bizarro, he'd have followed trhat line with the information he just said he wouldn't share.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Aha! The truth comes out!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! I'm me again!! The crossover is out and the Legion-we-knew are Lost again. I don't know what the official positions of the board adminiatrators are but I've decided it was time to "navigate" back through whatever that funky-colored-special-effect was and see if I can locate Britonopolis and LMBP-HQ !!

Anybody wanna hold hands?

Superyellow
Yellow Flash Kid
Aquayellow
Yellowbeast Boy
Yellow Hawk
Wonder Yellow
and a very fond farewell to
Captain Yellow Jr.

-We hardly knew ye-

[ October 08, 2004, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas
Elfin Prince

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legolas           Edit/Delete Post     
Are being quite curious collection of specimens.

fitting nicely into armada's pre-expeditionary files.

gratitude.

From: on the lam! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M'onel
May be Lethbridge's #1 Legion Fan...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M'onel   Author's Homepage   Email M'onel         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Benjamin Ronning
Where you live: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
What you do: Eat, Sleep, Post... repeat

Legion Info: I started reading Legion comics with the old Adventure Comics my mom bought as a kid/teen. But really didn't get into buying Legion until the DnA stories.

Favorite Legionnaires: Superboy, M'onel (A-Doy!), Andromeda, XS, Gates, Brainiac 5, Ferro, Karate Kid, Element Lad, Wildfire, Timber Wolf.

Other things you like: Video Games! More specifically Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Pokemon and Sly Cooper.

--------------------
A Chaotic Neutral stuck in a Lawful Good world

From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.