Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill this Thread V: the 24 hour version! (Page 31)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Kill this Thread V: the 24 hour version!
Ann Hebistand
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann Hebistand           Edit/Delete Post     
I kicked a boy til he cried...

Courtney-Courtney Taylor, or whatever the hell you call yourself, I'm coming for you! [Big Grin]

Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I posted some Susan & the Surftones in the Beatles cover thread, too. They're so adorable. [hugs cd] I actually bought a disc from their organ player on ebay once, and everything else he was selling was old G.I. Joe animated series action figures. His mailing address was at the Oregon Zoo, so that must've been where his day job was. I was very amused. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann Hebistand
Applicant

He sold his old G.I. Joe toys?? Heretic!
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, the life of a rock musician ain't all beer 'n skittles, y'know.

Besides, maybe they didn't actually sell. [shrug]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann Hebistand
Applicant

quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Hey, the life of a rock musician ain't all beer 'n skittles, y'know.

Shirley Manson: "When we rrrrrecorded the firrrst Garrrrbage albuuum, ah was living on Baby Rrrrruuuuuth barrrrs and Pepsi Coooooola."
cleome46

I think one of the Bangles said that she brushed her teeth with Pepsi Light while on the road before they hit it big.

Of course, I only liked the two Bangles albums from before they handed everything over to Prince, because I'm a big damn snot that way. Oh, well...

--------------------

Ann Hebistand
Applicant

My favorite Bangles recording is when they did backup vocals for Cyndi Lauper on "Change of Heart."
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the janglepop stuff best, like "Hero Takes A Fall". "Manic Monday" was OK, but I lost interest after that.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I work late on Mondays, so I don't go in to work till 11:15 a.m. Having Monday mornings off takes a lot of the "Monday" off it.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

My schedule has been all over the place lately, but I will often be off on Wednesdays, which takes a lot of the sting out of the whole work week.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

The job I applied for recently has long shifts that usually mean a day off in the middle of the week. Just one of many reasons that I want it bad.

[sigh]

My last permanent job, I had Wednesdays off, except during the busy season. The income reduction was well worth the added time I had to devote to [bleep] that I actually give a [bleep] about.

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

The only downside to having a day off during the week is that anything I have to do outside of work usually has to get done that day. That's a problem if I'm not feeling particularly well. But it's a fair trade-off.

--------------------

cleome46

The best thing about mid-week tasks is that customarily, all the other slobs you'd have to wait in line behind on a weekend are still stuck at work. [Razz]

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Not around here, unfortunately.

--------------------

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
With my travel schedule lately, even weekend days off don't matter much since I'm still on the road.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  68  69  70   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.