Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 31)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
His name was Rio Pacheco. And you can buy the 1st half of season three now. If you have any questions you can ask Christy Marx. Go to her website and email her, she great in responding.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet King           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KinetixgreenZoe:
It's all about Jem, that was the best show I have ever put my eyes on. It's why I chose the professions I have.

Er. You're a pink haired rock singer? So what's your day job?

--------------------
"What a total entropic mess! Let me at it!"

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm officially unemployed or a student if you would, I'm studying to be an actress and an English professor. I am in a band called Holographic Nature featuring John Cotton. It's made up of family, except for John Cotton, who is just playing with us at the moment.

I don't have pink hair but I have put temporary coloring in my hair when I perform, sometimes, and pink has been one of the many colors, mostly pink, green and white.

[ September 21, 2004, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: HighPriestessViviane ]

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Does your band have a website? Do you tour? Coming around NYC anytime?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

I'm the most advanced when it comes to the web, and I don't know jack, so no website.

We might start touring in mid-autumn, but a member is still iffy about doing it, were hoping for a yes, it's looking like we will, I know what cities I'm going to, but I should ask which clubs.

I am going to New York, if I tour for 5 days, we are literary going to dicuss a contract with the record label Jetset. If all goes well, then I will have a website.

--------------------

ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome, Vi. Go you!

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

It sounds like fun, but I'm working constantly and I have no time to actually have a break. Remember I'm going to New York and back in 2 and a half months, non stop driving.

--------------------

235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
ANDY S., 32 yrs old
LOS ANGELES (transplanted from a decade in New York, before that I did undergrad at UC Berkeley)
MFA Candidate at UCLA, Theater/Film (writing)

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.)

Started reading LSH around the Omega storyline. Became passionately loyal during Levitz/Giffen thru the first couple years of TMK (vastly underrated work, IMO).
Favorite Legionnaires: Karate Kid I & II, Projectra/Sensor Girl, Dream Girl/Dreamer, Chemical King, Invisible Kid I & II, Spider Girl, Color Kid, Night Girl, Shadow Kid, Laurel Kent, Nightwind, Duo Damsel and Tyroc.

(No, I never really understood my particular sensibilities either. I just know I feverishly looked for all their appearances and had a healthy, mostly-consensual fantasy life with some of them -- ahem.)

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.)

I read a lot -- mostly fiction and plays, primarily by ethnic writers.
I also dissect movies with my brother (who works on films and tv series as a cameraman), much to the consternation of anyone accompanying us (so we go by ourselves).
As for music, I listen to musicals (yes i'm gay), house music (ditto yes), r & b (because i like to hear men croon about how much they love me and i relate to the women talking about how he broke their heart), the frustratingly tiny percent of hip hop that's innovative and brilliant (currently that might only be Outkast and Missy Elliot standing), and a scattering of world music i pick up while travelling.

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Great to see you here, MYG 235-Andy S! Sounds like we have a lot in common.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CreativityKid
Legion of Substitute Heroes Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CreativityKid   Email CreativityKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I posted this when I first joined, but ...

CreativityKid

Base of Operations: Pawtucket, RI (home of the Pawtucket Red Sox!)

Legionnaire since: LSH (1st series) #280, part of the "Who is Reflecto?" storyline

Favorite Legionnaires: Invisible Kid I, Bouncing Boy, Matter-Eater Lad, Colossal Boy

- the Kid

(Paid for by the "Committee to Elect Creativity Kid Leader.")

From: Pawtucket, RI | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dream Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dream Boy   Email Dream Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Jay
Where you live: Baltimore, MD
What you do: Social Worker

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.): I'm actually a recent fan. I was a casual reader of the Baxter series and the old Legionaires book, before Zero Hour took over. I've recently started getting back into the Legion, first picking up some issues of the recent series and buying some trades, including The Great Darkness Saga, which I had heard a lot about. My favorite Legion members are Dream Girl/Dreamer, Saturn Girl, and Dawnstar. Favorite creators include Levitz and Giffen.

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.) I'm not a big movie person but do watch my fair share of television. My musical tastes are more along the lines of Top 40/hip hop/R&B. And I have an affinity for trashy novels.

Anything else that you want to share!

I'm a fan of Japanese women's pro wrestling.

From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
*I figured it was time for me to finally make good on my promise to do an entry here in the LMB Who's Who!*

Name: Jeff
Where you live: Birmingham, AL
What you do: Throw food at people while dreaming about going back to school for my Masters

The first LSH issue I picked up was the "fill the audience in" issue at the end of the first Reflecto saga. I loved it, mainly because I thought Phantom Girl and Dawnstar's outfits were SO cool, and for the gratuitous shots of naked Superboy, which positively influenced my sexual orientation (though it was pretty hardwired into me by that point.) Later on, I picked up some digest reprints of the Adventure era. and loved them as well. All of which prepared me for Legion and Legionnaires #0, which hooked me. I've been a pretty big LSH fan ever since!

I love the Transformers, and click here to read more about that! I love musical theater, and theater in general. I wish I had the opportunity to play more in musical theater these days. My undergraduate degree is in music (voice) and I'm pretty dang good. Of course, now I'm thinking very seriously about doing a career 180 and going back for a master's in biostatistics, becoming a research scientist, which is pretty wild for someone who once was a professional singer and actor, but things change.

I also love Lee, my partner. He is at the center of my life. He works with software and makes TONS more money than I. I'm still figuring out how to deal with that. [Smile] We have been together for nearly 3 years now, and I hope we will never part ways (at least until we're both in our twilight.)

I love sports, especially college football (to watch) and tennis (to play.) I love video games, and they eat up far too much of my time. If it wasn't for Civ 3, I'd have my first symphony finished by now. [Smile] I'm a composer as well, and my biggest, most secret dream is to stand up and accept the Tony for best score of a musical. I doubt it'll ever happen, but who knows what can happen in the next 50 years! I also love other 80's cartoons besides Transformers (GI Joe, Thundercats, He-Man) and cartoons in general. My very favorite movie is probably still The Empire Strikes Back, though the Lord of the Rings trilogy is gaining ground. I also dig more recent indie fare, like American Splendor and such. Lee and I are pretty heavy movie afficianados. Uhm... I love being here on Legion World. And I feel very blessed by the people who have become my friends here. As for the philosophical currents moving my life... let's save that for another thread and just concentrate on the Transformers here!

AUTOBOTS! TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT!

[Optimus Prime]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Nice to know a bit more about you, Kippers!

You'll be sure to thank Legion World when you accept that Tony, won't you? [Big Grin]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Great to see you here, MYG 235-Andy S! Sounds like we have a lot in common.

After reading up on you, I can safely agree with you. (though that whole monogamous-partner thing is a mystery to me)
From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Hmm...maybe I should do one of these.

--------------------

This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.