Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » What is Your Legion World Story? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: What is Your Legion World Story?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LASHbrain:
I Just read Cobie's entry, and had to comment before I return to read the rest of the thread--

As I have never had any significant absence from the LMB that I can recall, I can state confidently that Cobie's absences were awful periods of time that only Absinthe could help me get through.

Cobie, I know I can say in a non-embarassing way that I love you, and the LMB would not be the tiniest fraction of what it is without you, son!!

And now I wish I had said that in a non-embarassingly way, but, y'know, that's the LMB for you!

Love you too older brother! [Smile]

All these years together on the boards...sometimes I remember conversations from like 10 years ago that make me laugh. I can't imagine *not* talking to you everyday about some cool topic (especially if one our names are in the thread title! [Big Grin] )

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Great, I guess the old blowhard (me) is now gonna comment on EVERONE'S entry... forgive me, y'all...

Dev-- I *totes* remember you being the 25th person to post for membership on the original LMB thread (which I think I have on a disc somehere...)!

And I totes remember seeing pictures of your baby girl... possibly on the old LMBP Yahoo group??? Is that even still there?? And it is SO COOL to see the little lady she has grown into, as well as seeing your son (via Facebook, these days)!!

Thing is, my daughter cannot wait until I eventually let her join. She once said to me, that she hopes that this place is still here when she is older.

btw, just checked and the Yahoo group os still there...no activity for about a year or so though...Allen was the last to post.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Jerry, having you make the leap to prominent poster in a wider variety of the forums has been great! You always have great comments on an array of topics--and for me particularly, I really pay attention to your comic reviews, as I think we often have similar tastes.

Now we need to give you an LMB superpower and codename. [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Des, anyone---where IS "Who Are You?" these days? I assumed it was on Losers LMB Archives, but it's not--I checked. Pretty sure it's saved somewhere....

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
quote:
Great, I guess the old blowhard (me) is now gonna comment on EVERONE'S entry... forgive me, y'all...

Dev-- I *totes* remember you being the 25th person to post for membership on the original LMB thread (which I think I have on a disc somehere...)!

And I totes remember seeing pictures of your baby girl... possibly on the old LMBP Yahoo group??? Is that even still there?? And it is SO COOL to see the little lady she has grown into, as well as seeing your son (via Facebook, these days)!!

Thing is, my daughter cannot wait until I eventually let her join. She once said to me, that she hopes that this place is still here when she is older.

btw, just checked and the Yahoo group os still there...no activity for about a year or so though...Allen was the last to post.

THAT IS SOOOO COOL that she wants to join!!! We promise to be on our BESTEST BEHAVIOR when she does!!!!-- just warn her about any thread I post in.... especially if it involves discussion of China Cat...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Des, anyone---where IS "Who Are You?" these days? I assumed it was on Losers LMB Archives, but it's not--I checked. Pretty sure it's saved somewhere....

I thought it was...major bummer.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
quote:
quote:

THAT IS SOOOO COOL that she wants to join!!! We promise to be on our BESTEST BEHAVIOR when she does!!!!-- just warn her about any thread I post in.... especially if it involves discussion of China Cat...
It'll be a few more years...got other things to prepare her for first...other 'talks' to have. [Smile]
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Jerry, having you make the leap to prominent poster in a wider variety of the forums has been great! You always have great comments on an array of topics--and for me particularly, I really pay attention to your comic reviews, as I think we often have similar tastes.

Now we need to give you an LMB superpower and codename. [Big Grin]

I especially love Jerry for TWO very important reasons (to me):

1. Lucinda Williams. SAY NO MORE. I love you, you are my friend, and I understand everything you feel and everything you ever HAVE felt.

2. TMK version of LSH. I *love* the five years later LSH, but somewhere on this message board (I am FAR too drunk to look for it) is the absolute most passionate endorsement of this era (made by Jerry) that I have EVER SEEN... SO passionate, in fact, it made me feel like I didn't appreciate the era ENOUGH-- which I now know I totes DO-- but still, his words were THAT POWERFUL.

Anyhoo, it was then that I knew Jerry was a kindred LSH spirit to me, and anything else was just icing on the Legionnaire cake.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Lardy & Dev, the 'Who Are You?' thread is saved on the LMB Yahoo Group. I don't like to it in the history because you have to log-in to see it.

I reread it about 5 years ago and it's mind-blowing awesome. I'm overdue or a reread.

future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Future King... 2007? That was, like, 4 years ago!! Is it crazy that I still think of you as a newbie we all should be hazing??? [Wink]

I know eh? (the "eh" is purely for my friend Dev's enjoyment)

It's actually been almost 5 years now! Can you believe that??
I too still feel like a newbie so, uh...errr....ummm, haze away! [Big Grin]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
"Springtime for Rickshaw?"

Springtime for... Rickshaw? I can kind of see that happening.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Ghost Girl:

I do miss the rest of you, and will be on at least once more in mid-December, if only to keep up with tradition.

You are greatly missed (as I hope you saw me intentionally reference in a thread earlier tonight)! But I look forward to your annual toast, Ghost!
I echo Lardy - I'll be looking out for it too. And, see you on the Legion World page on Facebook [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
quote:

I'm pretty sure it still will be [Big Grin] Whoa, get ready for the next generation, Legion World!
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Lardy & Dev, the 'Who Are You?' thread is saved on the LMB Yahoo Group. I don't like to it in the history because you have to log-in to see it.

I reread it about 5 years ago and it's mind-blowing awesome. I'm overdue or a reread.

I signed up for the YG a while ago but never got around to reading it. I think I should - it'll be like going back in time and watching how the Beatles formed. Mind-blowingly AWESOME!

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
My Legion World story is quite boring. I was on the DC boards. Can't remember how I got on them. When they closed down for the make-over. I tried Rob Whatshisname's board. Didn't end up going there much. But I think it was there where I saw people talking about Legion World. So, I came to Legion World. And 34k+ posts later, you guys haven't kicked me out yet. I mean how can I brag about getting kicked off message boards when you don't kick me out?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Sharklad... All I needed to see was "Lash Lad" in your post... everyone may now bestow love upon me for ensuring that you rejoined our ranks! (Seriously though... your absence too was felt hard by me, and I was elated when you returned!!)

[Hug] Lash [Hug]

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.