Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The LMB Wiki! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: The LMB Wiki!
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Let me know if any graphics need to be created. Happy to help w that stuff. Also, if we need any LMBP character portraits done/updated, someone let me know. Lash and Joeboy have been way better about that than me, but I am willing to do them. I am here for the needy, not the greedy, though.

Thanks for putting this together!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope no one minds my tweaking the formatting on some of the articles for consistency's sake or my entering categories for them. I'd like the wiki to allow as easy access to the information on it as possible.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Uniformity, or at least as close to it as possible is a good thing Rocky.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually Rocky, the idea of you tweaking the formatting is very comforting. So once I start posting away with a plethora of characters, events and locations, please feel free to correct the format.

One question: should I try to add in some of the major events, like I've got on the History? I realize I won't do all of them (especially stories that were referenced and never actually 'seen'), but I could do some of the major beats.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
I hope no one minds my tweaking the formatting on some of the articles for consistency's sake or my entering categories for them. I'd like the wiki to allow as easy access to the information on it as possible.

Quick question, Rocky, on category syntax. I notice that you had added an additional tag on the end of the category for a couple articles, for example:

[[Category:Legion World locations]]

to

[[Category:Legion World locations|Hills]]

What does that tag do? I see that it doesn't display, so is it just like metadata, or is it an alternate for redirects, or something else?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That was to ensure that the article "The Hills" would be alphabetized in the category under "H" for "Hills" rather than "T" for "The".

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Cool. Thanks, that will come in handy. I've been reading up on wiki syntax, but it will take a while to learn the nuances. There are a lot of things I want to do with tables and info boxes. I just learned over the weekend that I don't actually have to create content boxes... that they are automatically created if you use multiple tiered headings.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

We're starting this at a great time. Wikis have become much easier to use over the years. I've been an active editor on Wikipedia for almost seven years and it is much easier to edit now than it was then.

And I've just added Sketchy's fabulous portrait of Rocky to the Rockhopper Lad article.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've updated the Lard Lad article with his origin. It's largely the original one I wrote for him on the old DC Boards with a few tweaks. What will follow is a fairly detailed account of all the salient points in his story. I expect it to be looooooong!

So how do you incorporate pics? I hope to incorporate various pics and micros that have been done of Lardy over the years, some of which I need to find references for, especially the Dedman and Newcru-drawn ones that I most frequently use as avatars. Any help on all these fronts would be appreciated!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Something that would probably be useful - is there a list of all the LMBP Earth-#s?

quote:
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
So how do you incorporate pics? I hope to incorporate various pics and micros that have been done of Lardy over the years, some of which I need to find references for, especially the Dedman and Newcru-drawn ones that I most frequently use as avatars. Any help on all these fronts would be appreciated!

Upload them, then:
  • To put a linked thumbnail image on the RIGHT of the page, insert [[File:FILENAME.EXT|thumb|CAPTION]] at the top of where you want it to be.
  • To put a linked thumbnail image on the LEFT of the page, insert [[File:FILENAME.EXT|thumb|left|CAPTION]].
  • To put a gallery of linked thumbnails on the page:
    code:
    <gallery>
    File:FILENAME(1).EXT|CAPTION
    File:FILENAME(2).EXT|CAPTION
    File:FILENAME(3).EXT|CAPTION
    [...]
    File:FILENAME(n).EXT|CAPTION
    </gallery>

[In all of the above, of course you should replace FILENAME.EXT/etc with the actual filename/etc! [Smile] ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Opinion question on which way to proceed with an article:

This is a one off for now, but I think whatever the consensus is will probably inform a lot of future articles. I want to write a generic article on Proteans in relationship to the LMB: A quick background on the species, their role in LMB history, and a section on notables. The question is, do you think it's better to have the article be named for the planet (Antares II) or the species (Proteans)?

My intial thought was the species, but looking at wikipedia proper, all of their Legion Race articles are named for the planet. Like I say... not a huge thing, but once similar articles start getting written, it will probaly make it easier to categorize if they all follow the same standard.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I would go with "Proteans", Ex. I guess that means you know about Pro-D?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Not very much. I was going to just reference him under the notables section with a brief description about being Lard Lad's former sidekick, but with a link around the name to let you write a fuller independent article later.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Yay! My Lardy article's got a pic, now! (One of my favorites, as drawn my Deds!)

Thanks, 'Boot!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I have separate articles for "Pyngwyn" and "Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn", partly because the Pyngwyny in and of themselves are an unusual concept and partly because the planet is never referred to by itself (it sounds too much we'd be saying Rocky is from "Houston" and it's also a nod to Superman II).

I would make the article "Protean" in the singular, which is the standard from Wikipedia.

--------------------

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.