Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill this Thread V: the 24 hour version! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Kill this Thread V: the 24 hour version!
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I've never really gotten into horse racing.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
We went out earlier this evening to a brew pub called Horsefeathers. I was disappointed that there didn't seem to be any Marx Bros. memorabilia around the place. However, the beer was very good.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Good beer without decor is better than decor without good beer.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
The return of this thread has activated the AUTO-REPLY Function on Abin's Computer. It's all your fault, Kent!

DIE YOU BASTICH THREAD!!!

Die! Die! Die!

And so on and so forth...

(This message paid for by the Committee to Kill This Thread)

I'm Abin's Computer and I approve this message. [LOL]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Old people can be sooo cute! Makes you just want to pinch their cheeks and give them (low sodium) cookies.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
One of my proudest moments was the time I taught an 82-year-old woman to send her first e-mail in a computer class I was teaching at the library.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

Consarn, young whippersnapper's got no respect! Why iffen I ever talked to my elders that way when I was your age... Consarn It!

Now my tea's gone cold!

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

...and your dentures are soaking in it.
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Actress Jan Miner played Madge the Manicurist ("You're soaking in it") in the Palmolive commercials that ran from about the '60s to the '80s. I don't believe she was any relation to Outdoor.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

quote:
Originally posted by Kent:
...and your dentures are soaking in it.

Those aren't my dentures, my dentures are right...

Oh...

Thanks.

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Martha Raye did commercials for Poli-Dent denture cleaner in the '70s and '80s. Of course, her finest role ever was as Benita Bizarre on The Bugaloos.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

On her wikipedia page, in a photo of her as a young woman, she kinds resembles Kirstie Alley.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Raye

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

She also played Mel's mother on Alice.

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Sid & Marty Kroft... dear God... if I had a Time Bubble, the first thing I'd do is go back in time to when I was about eight years old and throw the damn TV out the second-floor window-- to save all the once-thriving braincells that were so ignobly lost to hours and hours and hours of that stuff.

(I hate it when parents turn out to have been right all along.) [No]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Don't fret, Cleome. I'm sure if you had thrown the TV set out the window, Ma and Pa Cleome probably would have bought a new one.

--------------------

This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  68  69  70   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.