Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The TEN YEAR ANNIVESARY thread (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The TEN YEAR ANNIVESARY thread
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
OMG, it's almost 9:47pm my time...

I wonder if I was drunk when I started the thread...?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I've always assumed there was at least a joint or two involved!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

probably so back then... see? Drugs aren;t ALWAYS bad... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Happy anniversary, LMBP!

I've been around since 01/01, and I'm often surprised at how much this community has impacted my life. There have been times when I've worried about posting becoming an obsession or a pastime that distracts me from "more important" considerations; however, it's an enormous blessing to be part of this community.

At one time, I was reading upwards of 30 comic titles a month; now, the Legion is the only one I think about at all. The LSH has always formed the cornerstone of my love for comics, yet, for most of my life, I've had no one to share that love. Even my friends who are comics fans are not into the Legion. But this board has allowed me to share that passion with others, to engage in serious conversations and debates, and to celebrate the less serious aspects of the Legion. The LMBP has also sustained my interest in the Legion during the times when I haven't been following the current version(s) of the team.

This community, however, is much more than that. It's evolved into something beyond a shared fascination with a comic book. I cherish being able to hang out with friendly, considerate, intelligent, creative, and funny people. I've shared in the personal milestones and tragedies of many people here. The LMBP is quite unlike any other community I've ever been part of.

Thanks, everyone, for 10 wonderful years, and special thanks to Nighty for giving us a home!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
As the guy who started all this over ten years ago by creating a little thread called "Who Are You"......

Nah, not going there. Why? Because I didn't start anything. I was one of a handful of really exceptional people who all happened to converge with common interests on a comic book website just as the internet was really becoming a huge phenomenon.

What do you call that when it happens? Luck? Circumstance? Divine intervention? Magic?

You know what? I'm gonna go with "Magic". That's what the LMB is. Proof that magic (or whichever version you'd prefer to catalog it as) exists. Pure and simple.

I mean, how many things in life really last 10 years and still show no signs of ending? Businesses, marriages, friendships, jobs...on averages many of those things don't have that kind of staying power. But look--here we are 10 years later, and the LMB is still here!

It's not as if the LMB hasn't had to deal with adversity.

How has the Legion's publication record been the past 10 years? How many relaunches? How often has the discussion centered around whether there'd be a Legion to follow? How is it possible that our corner of fandom has positively thrived in what has unquestionably been the darkest decade in Legion history? How is that possible?

Is it because the LMB's membership has been consistent in those 10 years? Heck, no! Me, Cobalt, Lash and most of the old-timers could put our heads together and reminisce about countless posters who've come and gone over the years, many of which were at some point considered indispensable to our spirit. What happened? Why when others fall to the wayside, many for reasons never known, more have always come along from the ether and added something to the mix no one else ever had before! How can that happen?

In our first half-decade of existence, the LMB struggled and scraped constantly for a place it could call home as option after option collapsed, and it sometimes seemed inevitable that the LMB's days were numbered. How can you continue to exist for that long with that kind of instability at the core?

And after all that time holding it together by needle and thread, is it even imaginable that suddenly some of our ranks would step forward and find us a home? At long last, a real, sustainable place we can count on being there? Sometimes I still can't believe that actually happened! Wasn't that supposed to be a pipe dream?

My friends, I call it magic. And I thank each and every one of you, past, present and future, for being a vibrant, essential ingredient of that special mixture that I know would be impossible for anyone else to replicate.

I love you all and am proud to call myself an LMBer!

SWEET ASS SWEET!!!!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
[Cheers]

Sweet Ass Sweet!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
SWEET ASS SWEET!!!!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thora
Mad hot like a Romulan Supermodel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thora           Edit/Delete Post     
For a cretinous male, the one known as Lardi speaks quite eloquently.

--------------------
On MY world, which your robot space-probes contacted only a month ago, a superior MATRIARCHAL system exists! There, women are the stronger, dominant sex!

From: Taltar | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
ditto!

Lardy's right... it's magic. I've been blessed to see a truly wonderful grouping of friends come together, people forming a truly amazing bond, several times in my lifetime. None have remained as intact and as thriving for as long as this one.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The LMBP Spectre
reserve member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The LMBP Spectre           Edit/Delete Post     
I may have been created by accident 10 years ago during a road trip, but I'm still here too [Wink]
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Happy Anniversary!

Thank you Gary (and our wayward Scott) and the too often missing Saturn Girl (how'd that date turn out anyhow, I really need to pay more attention to stuff?) but now's a time of rejoicing.

I snicker bar salute all of you.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

It's 9:47pm my time!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
YAY!
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
We're official.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.