Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Statue of Grendel, Occassional Lurker on Legion World! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: The Statue of Grendel, Occassional Lurker on Legion World!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Jillikers! At least I'm stalking people who genuinely lurk on the board, rather than people who got letters published in the Legion like 30 years ago!

>hmmph!< Thomas Fatsi is a mere passing fancy and you know it!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Bah! There's no talking to Eryk when he gets all obsessive like this!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Aww, your baby, cute, I have a cat.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I have 10 plants and a tree!

I wonder if GRENDEL likes plants...?

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a garden, and my daddy has a degree in horticulture so it's always kept nice.

I like you, Lash. Your so cute, I'm going to market you at Toys'R Us with Abin.

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jillikers!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

You, too, you'll have a card in the back that says you have the power to be obsessed.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I always wanted to be a REAL toy!

I wonder if GRENDEL will buy my action figure...?

--------------------

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Memo:

To: Raven Arcanna

From Abin Quank

Subject: Marketing of Abin Quank & MMLash Action Figures.

The figures are quite nice, including the anatomically correct versions, however don't you think the list price ($399.99) is a little excessive?

Sincerely,

Abin.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, Grendel gets a statue?! If a non-poster is getting a statue, maybe Thomas Fatsi, someone not even registered on LW, might even get one?

Jillikers!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astrid Seahorse           Edit/Delete Post     
[Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark] How many people officially have LW statues? And when did the Triumvirs become so corrupt with their statue-building money? Well, if it makes EDE happy, then it makes us all happy, I'm sure. [Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Lythyl, the Omega Colony | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The first statue, made months ago by the denizens of Legion World, is of myself, the legendary hero known as Cobalt Kid.

The second statue is of Kid Prime, who was lost for while.

After that, the Triumvirate (EDE, myself and Greybird) began using our vast supply of money to build other statues. They've included Fat Cramer, Princess Crujectra, Invisible Brainiac and possibly another. EDE also had statues build of Nightcrawler and Lightning Lad (the two LW founders) and Lash (the most beloved poster of all time) for the one year anniversery of LW.

Recently I've added the statue of the unknown lurker and now EDE has added this one. Who knows what statue we Triumvirs will cook up next!

And each time one is made, you get to hear me give a speech! Everyone wins! [Big Grin]

Oh, just so you know: Eryk Davis Ester, Greybird and myself are the Triumvirs (the thread is around the MMB somewhere), and Faraway Lad is my primus pilus, or 'first-spear', in the tradition of the Romans. Each triuvmirs armies are different, mine is a very Roman-esque type one. According to the grand traditions, the armies of the Triumvirs are never to enter Legion World, although they've helped on a variety of occasions, as they did in the Dark Stu Saga. See the LMB Continuity thread for that massive and awesome story.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

I want a statue, what do I have to do to get one?

And Abin, a little you and Lash is worth it. (Hey, they sell)

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Statues are generally unveiled once a month, usually around the first of the month. Subjects of statues are generally suggested by a special (and secret) committee appointed by myself, though the final decision on the subject is up to me. Other Legion Worlders who have significant financial resources and sufficient lack of tact (such as Thora and Glorith) have been known to build their own statues.

But for "official" statues we generally try to select someone who contributes to the fun of Legion World, but who isn't necessarily as prominent as, say, Cobie or Lash (though those two have their own statues for other reasons). I usually try to make sure it's someone "unexpected", so to speak.

Really it's my little way of saying to certain posters that they're groovy.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

And incidentally, asking for or demanding a statue is counter-productive to getting one.
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.