Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Autumn will be here soon.... (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Autumn will be here soon....
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
We're getting the Autumn Alert sooner this year. Is something happening?

During my brief return to upstate NY and the vicinity last week and the week before, there was a lot of fall coloring - about a month ahead of schedule. Some parts of the Adirondacks and Vermont had patches of bright, vivid colors as one would expect in early October!

St. John's has no noticeable coloration that I've noticed in my almost 2.5 days here.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Autumn on Legion World = Kid Prime's Annual College Football thread!

*cough*

Better be one Kippers!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
How soon? Almost now.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Surprisingly, we had a strangely mild August.

Still ready for fall! I can practically hear the death-screams of the insects now!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... this will be the perfect time to try out my new serum that makes leaves as heavy as lead!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

a few bright colors already. and cool days. It seems like October, except that there aren't enough colors yet.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Hmm... this will be the perfect time to try out my new serum that makes leaves as heavy as lead!

So "putting a fig leaf over the problem" will take on a whole new meaning. Is that what you're saying?

[Hmmm?]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Cold mornings and warm afternoons--yay!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Autumn shmautumn. It's winter that's the real test of mankind.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:

oh, yeah? then move to Churchill or Schefferville rather than spend another wimpy winter on the NS coast.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Winter rocks until New Years and then it gets all sucky.

Meanwhile, in other news, Autumn rocks over here in CT. Weather is still great and pumpkin pie is starting to make the rounds as dessert after Sunday dinners with the family.

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Cold mornings and warm afternoons--yay!

The perfect weather.
sigh

The Oregon valley is still getting some 90's, but last year we got rare 'deep' snow, like 2 to 3
feet!
lol

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
quote:

oh, yeah? then move to Churchill or Schefferville rather than spend another wimpy winter on the NS coast.
Bah! I may live in the Banana Belt now, but as a child in the northern reaches of the Great White North, -20 degrees and we'd crack the ice to go swimming.

I'd like 2-3 feet of snow here. It's very good for protecting trees, as well as that pricey rhododendron I put in this year.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, Legion World is rapidly approaching it's "Autumn."

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
*yawn*

Oh, sorry...

EEK! Somebody SAVE us! Legion World's in DANGER! Oh whatever shall we do?

Yeah. [Razz]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.